Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-27-2008, 06:20   #1
glock4ever!

Philippine Glockers need Glock pistols

Does anyone has news about the availability of Glocks in the Philippines? Will Glock pistols be imported again to our country,or is this an indifinite ban of exports by Glock in Austria to our country? Gusto ko ng magkaroon ng G19. I need something reliable and durable to carry around daily. My G17 is quite big for concealed carry. Sig Suear or any other brand is not an option for me as their prices are twice as much and they are uglier than Glock.

Last edited by glock4ever!; 11-27-2008 at 06:24..
glock4ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:23   #2
saki1611
BOG's #1611

dont you wanna consider my glock 26 i am selling in buy and sell thread?
Old 11-27-2008, 08:44   #3
adenine

Send a message via Yahoo to adenine
Quote:
Originally Posted by glock4ever! View Post
Does anyone has news about the availability of Glocks in the Philippines? Will Glock pistols be imported again to our country,or is this an indifinite ban of exports by Glock in Austria to our country? Gusto ko ng magkaroon ng G19. I need something reliable and durable to carry around daily. My G17 is quite big for concealed carry. Sig Suear or any other brand is not an option for me as their prices are twice as much and they are uglier than Glock.
Last gunshow, I happen to interview some of the exhibitors like AWS, they said the price of their Glocks were high because the import of the FA came from the US. Not directly from Austria.

A guy from Trust Trade told me that their stock will arrive next year! They were not sure when the exact date will be...

I asked if the price would go as high as the ones other distributors were selling during the show, they were'nt really sure.. But if it was imported direct from Austria, then it will be cheaper..

At least that was what they (most exhibitors) said... I was planning to buy a G17, I ended up gettin a Steyr M9-A1.. At least I already have a G26 as my daily carry.

Might as well consider sir saki1611's offer... real nice piece..
adenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 16:14   #4
akula
BizDuc NM

Without current Glock supply, is anybody taking a look at the S&W M&P series? Any feedback? They seemed to be DAO. I really missed my DA/SA Walther P99.
Old 11-27-2008, 16:51   #5
the-darkside

i dinīt know why glock doesnīt sell weapons to you any more (mabe itīs just to save their face)
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthre...hlight=austria
am i wrong but the phillioines are copying our "loved" stg 77 (steyr aug) "a1 or a3".
maybe thats why austria forces "glock" not to sell to you.
i know the brand new steyr aug A2 commando (only made for our special forces). austria will never sell this kind of weapon (as long as "we" think this is the best "we" have). to anybody. but maybe austria just said to glock. "we really cann stress you if you want" but if you play nice (donīt sell guns to someone "we" donīt like) there will be no harm to you and your company in the future.
the-darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 17:18   #6
the-darkside

[IMG]http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.doppeladler.com/downloads/stg77A2c.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.steyr-aug.com/webbbs/steygenedisc.cgi/noframes/read/6593&usg=__jhCULV2HrNtFljutRV0ivngiFPA=&h=480&w=640&sz=177&hl=de&start=1&um=1&tbnid=pqdMpEmlYyHBhM:& tbnh=103&tbnw=137&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsteyr%2Baug%2Bcommando%26um%3D1%26hl%3Dde%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:*:IE-Address%26rlz%3D1I7GGIH_de%26sa%3DN[/IMG]
Old 11-27-2008, 17:23   #7
the-darkside

pic of the new stear aug A2 commando
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...IH_de%26sa%3DN
Old 11-27-2008, 19:02   #8
adenine

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-darkside View Post
i dinīt know why glock doesnīt sell weapons to you any more (mabe itīs just to save their face)
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthre...hlight=austria
am i wrong but the phillioines are copying our "loved" stg 77 (steyr aug) "a1 or a3".
maybe thats why austria forces "glock" not to sell to you.
i know the brand new steyr aug A2 commando (only made for our special forces). austria will never sell this kind of weapon (as long as "we" think this is the best "we" have). to anybody. but maybe austria just said to glock. "we really cann stress you if you want" but if you play nice (donīt sell guns to someone "we" donīt like) there will be no harm to you and your company in the future.
Greetings sir the-darkside! As far as we Filipinos know, our (filipino gun makers) cant copy your steyr aug's! Dont really have the technology to build those. As for 1911's thats another thing!

For sometime importing glocks was an issue here. I even heard that the reason why we dont have glocks' was that our Armed Forces were planning a complete non-issuance to civilians, meaning it will be purely military issue. But of course those were merely speculations.

As for the main distributor here in the Phils. (w/c is Trust Trade), they said there is no official statement from Glock. Imports are on the way next year.. Well, lets see what happens... I still want to add a G17 and 19 to my collection.. and probably a 34.. will see..
Old 11-27-2008, 19:03   #9
horge
Lifetime Membership
-=-=-=-=-

Hi, the-darskside

Nice to hear from someone in Osterreich
Glock suspended exports to the Philippines, after units pipelined
through Glock's Philippine distributor Trust Trade turned up in Taiwan
and in Japan, where such guns are definitely verboten.

Trust Trade has press-released assurances that it is still going to
remain Glock's distributor, and that new units will be coming soon.
However, that was quite some time ago.

h.
-BoG Hog #12
-Model 1911 Club member #111
horge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 19:15   #10
isuzu

Quote:
You might also want to consider the CZ P01 pistol. Very good trigger pull, and very accurate. It's also concealable.

http://www.czusa.com/product_detail.php?id=28

Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova

Last edited by isuzu; 11-27-2008 at 19:20..
isuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 19:55   #11
adenine

Quote:
Originally Posted by akula View Post
Without current Glock supply, is anybody taking a look at the S&W M&P series? Any feedback? They seemed to be DAO. I really missed my DA/SA Walther P99.
Actually when I was scouting for a G17, came across an M&P. Was really curious as to its performance. It had nice looks, nice grip (changeable), fits my hands.. I started asking friends at home and a few new friends at the gunshow who owned one. Most of them relayed positive info's re the M&P. A few issues too. Accesories are still short though..

a few searches for M&P http://militaryandpolice.com/forum/t...p?TOPIC_ID=174, http://militaryandpolice.com/forum/t...p?TOPIC_ID=167, http://www.handgunforum.net/showthread.php?t=5751

But then I saw the Steyr M9-A1. It was the talk of the day by some shooters (during the Gunshow, 2nd day). Compared to Glock, XD/HS and M&P, the M9-A1 had a better low bore configuration, a grip that to my liking, which was best for me, etc. Had a good price too! Also, accesories are still short too..

check this out http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/review/steyr40.htm & http://www.steyrclub.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4986

When I got home, made some research on the net. And with feedbacks from fellow BOG's who owned one, I was convinced to try the Steyr M9-A1.

Botton line tru it all.... it's still individual preference... no matter if its Glock, XD/HS, M&P........

Havent tried the Walther P99, this one really rocks! for me (the looks)! Yes! Reliabililty? That's one I have to experience myself when I have one! Probably next year will try it...
Old 11-27-2008, 20:01   #12
adenine

Quote:
Originally Posted by isuzu View Post
You might also want to consider the CZ P01 pistol. Very good trigger pull, and very accurate. It's also concealable.
+1.

Un nga lang, not up to my budget.
Old 11-27-2008, 20:20   #13
edtf

Quote:

http://www.czusa.com/product_detail.php?id=28

They have this sub compact polymer framed CZ 75. That looks really really nice!!! (I have seen it at PB and Countermeasure) I haven't tried it or know anyone who owns it but it sure looks like a great candidate for concealed carry
edtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 00:12   #14
glock4ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saki1611 View Post
dont you wanna consider my glock 26 i am selling in buy and sell thread?
Thank you for the offer, but I'm not comfortable with the subcompact Glocks ( G26,G27, etc ). I can't get a good hold on them with their reduced grip. I prefer to carry arround on a daily basis the compact Glocks,preferably a G19. Besides,I like it brandnew. That is why I'm hoping that next year there will be new shipments of Glocks coming in.
glock4ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 15:47   #15
isuzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by adenine View Post
+1.

Un nga lang, not up to my budget.
How much are the dealers selling the P01 in the Philippines?

Old 11-29-2008, 15:57   #16
isuzu

Quote:
Thank you for the offer, but I'm not comfortable with the subcompact Glocks ( G26,G27, etc ). I can't get a good hold on them with their reduced grip. I prefer to carry arround on a daily basis the compact Glocks,preferably a G19. Besides,I like it brandnew. That is why I'm hoping that next year there will be new shipments of Glocks coming in.
You may have to wait for a long time for Glocks to be available in the Philippines again. Glock does not condone sales of its products to unqualified or unlawful individuals. They have a bigger stake than just making a profit in the Philippines. They want to make sure that the incident would not happen again.

Same thing happened to Chip McCormick either in the '90's. A Filipino was caught by the FBI and BATF trying to ship several balikbayan boxes of Chip McCormick magazines to the Philippines. Several gun stores in the US where he purchased the magazines were investigated, and CMC promptly halted shipment of their products to the Philippines.

I've tried a Glock 26 with Scherer grip extensions on its magazines, and the grip was secure on the pistol.

I'm sure, as a back up pistol, Saki's Glock 26 hasn't been shot a lot.

Last edited by isuzu; 11-29-2008 at 19:54..
Old 11-29-2008, 17:41   #17
edtf

Quote:
How much are the dealers selling the P01 in the Philippines?
around 50k
Old 11-29-2008, 19:52   #18
isuzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtf View Post
around 50k
Thanks for the info. Medyo mataas ang presyo. P40,000 siguro puwede pa.

Old 11-29-2008, 21:09   #19
edtf

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Medyo mataas ang presyo. P40,000 siguro puwede pa.
gunshow price for the compact was 45k. I kinda fell in love with it but can't afford it plus I want to keep things simple so I want to stick to Glock's manual of arms.
You are right if it was regular priced at 40k and discounted at 35k then I would really get the compact even if it means lay away plan for me
Old 12-01-2008, 00:38   #20
Allegra

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtf View Post
gunshow price for the compact was 45k. I kinda fell in love with it but can't afford it plus I want to keep things simple so I want to stick to Glock's manual of arms.
You are right if it was regular priced at 40k and discounted at 35k then I would really get the compact even if it means lay away plan for me
Ang mahirap jan yung grip angle dufference kung mag switch ka sa ibang baril
Panibagong dryfire yaN
Go 2nd hand!
Overpriced ang brandnew ( galing sa hindi enthusiast's point of view )
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote