GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-22-2008, 18:07   #1
KYJoe

Anyone have any luck at Taylorsville Lake WMA?

Went for rabbits and squirrel last week. Didn't see a single furry creature. Anyone have any luck out there? The range looks pretty nice if you need to sight in a rifle.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:55   #2
38 super comp

I would like to thank all the shooters that supported SILVER CREEK the past year, I would especeally like to thank Ron and Co. at Shooters Supply for there support,,,,,,,,,thanks again.
38 super comp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:40   #3
Berretta9

what range ???
Berretta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 16:31   #4
KYJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38 super comp View Post
I would like to thank all the shooters that supported SILVER CREEK the past year, I would especeally like to thank Ron and Co. at Shooters Supply for there support,,,,,,,,,thanks again.
Why don't you try a new thread then?
Old 11-24-2008, 16:37   #5
KYJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berretta9 View Post
what range ???
Brand new five to six bay 100 yrd rifle range. It has the tubes, so pretty pointless for pistol, but nice for sighting in a rifle.

Off 3228 before the cemetery.
Old 11-24-2008, 19:18   #6
Berretta9

No kidding, I keep my boat there and had no idea. Open to the public ? Is there some place that you have to check in ??
Old 11-24-2008, 20:04   #7
KYJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berretta9 View Post
No kidding, I keep my boat there and had no idea. Open to the public ? Is there some place that you have to check in ??
It looks like they just put it in this Summer. Literally brand new. No place to check or sign in, and fully open to the public. It is part of the WMA. Posted open daily from 9 AM to sunset except Sundays from noon - sunset.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:55   #8
Berretta9

Great to hear. I'll give it a try.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:58   #9
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

To answer your question:

No.

Never.

Not once.

I hunt turkey out there sometimes, and have had luck calling them in, but being a public area and all, they usually get killed prior to making it to my setup.

Oh well, that's life hunting on public land. It may also be the end of my turkey days out there, as from what I've heard, my old spot isn't that far from the range. Don't imagine the birds will come around if folks are lighting up over there.

As far as the much despised tree rats go, no luck there, either. There's considerable pressure on them out there, and they're well-trained little critters who will run at the least sound/sight of a person. Tried it a couple of times without success.

I do want to try some more coyote hunting out there after deer is over (archery and all). I know there's plenty out there, and I don't think they're hunted real hard, so there may be a chance of getting a couple. Deer is pretty much pointless, unless you're real early or real late season, and don't mind hiking a bit. Plenty of sign, but I've been deer hunting there before, and scored nothing. Even drawn on a quota hunt a couple years back, scouted around, and still saw nothing. Plenty of sign, but they weren't around come daylight.

That'd be why I hunt private land, thanks to the kindness of a friend. I also own land, but it's so far of a drive (3.5 hours one way), that hunting there for anything less than a weekend isn't practical. And, childcare issues + work typically prevents the weekend trips. Oh well...it's there for retirement is 11 years.

If you wanna get together for a 'yote hunt, or just to go attempt some tree rat killing, PM me....you might also try www.kentuckyhunting.net if you're not already on the forum. I've found some good info over there, and it's a good place to keep up with what's happening around the state.

Anyway, good luck, and I'm off to check my (small) trapline shortly.
wprebeck is offline   Reply With Quote