Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:08   #121
brad27
Glock for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke View Post
Oh, but you see - it could be a "save all wonder frame" if you'd open the options up and not try to mandate. You may even get some M&P and XD business from people who don't buy GLOCKs because of the FG's. There's lots of money being made taking the FG's off GLOCKs.

I hope you sell tons of them because that'll put more stock frames on the market that I can buy and mod however I want.

I could comment further but it'd serve no purpose. I do think you need to remember what side of the dealer/customer relationship you're on.
Let a newbie chime in if I may...bottom line to me is if you don't like the frame or you don't like the way they've made it or you don't like his honest answer to you "the customer" then don't buy it! But don't throw down this "I don't think you need to remember which side of the dealer/customer relationship you're on" crap because you instigated the conversation hopefully with the intention of receiving an honest answer...and not some lame answer that you would receive from a programmed Wal-mart employee.
brad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:57   #122
Eric
Big Giant Head

Guys, please do not let the thread get derailed by bickering. Keep posts on topic. Thanks. Eric
Old 10-28-2008, 11:11   #123
1999Cobra

JR thank you for the info, waiting on the reply -
1999Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:53   #124
1811guy
Formerly1811guy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross-X View Post
Nice frame, but, sadly, not legal for competition in IDPA.
Nice frame, and fortunately, legal for competition in USPSA.
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!-I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
- Patrick Henry Mar 23, 1775
1811guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 13:09   #125
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
I talked with IDPA a few months back. I was informed the new frame qualified for ESP division
Also legal in USPSA limited and Open class

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 15:24   #126
TurboRocket

Now, Lone Wolf should take their skills/connections and go design a single-stack pocket 9 that has Glock reliability, and sell it for a reasonable price. I would probably buy 2.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

GT S&C - We know squat.
TurboRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 16:19   #127
troy96

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke View Post
You are correct sir. So much against FG's that I only own 1 - 3rd Gen Fullsize GLOCK and that is a G35 with the FGs removed. Believe me, I own many GLOCKs, but have to settle for 2nd Gen guns. Gaston can't sell me on FG's, so I doubt you will. BHP's, 1911's, Berettas, Rugers, S&W's, M&P's, XD's, Sigs - none of them have FG's, why would you want to add them is beyond me. I don't see anybody adding FG's to GLOCKs, only taking them off.

As I learn to do frame mods myself, I plan to get some more 3rd Gen Guns. Like I said, I hope you sell tons of these so I can get some factory frames at a reasonable price.

Good Luck in your endeavor!
I guess Hogue and Pachmayr didnt consult you before they started making finger groove grips. But those companies stopped making them because noone bought them...wait, no they didnt, because people do buy them.

JR, I hope they are a success and you make them for the G23 as well.
Old 10-28-2008, 17:36   #128
Joe D

Not so sure about that. If the CCF is legal in ESP with a G34 upper then why would this one not be.
Old 10-28-2008, 17:43   #129
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

Wow, just thinking about an all LWD 19/23 with built in Laser. Could the search for the "perfect carry gun" be near.
BuckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 17:54   #130
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
The frame is not featured on our web site because the information is not officially released. We simply figured GT has been good to us over the years so we would "privately" release the information here before anybody else seen or heard of it. LWD will be attending the Tulsa OK gun show November 7-9. If you would like to see this new replacement frame first hand we will have a couple of the rapid prototypes at this show for your inspection.

The frames will fit the G17,17L,22,24,31,34,35,37. The next production will be for the G20,21. The G19,23 are last on the list.

The replacement frame use all the standard Glock parts with the exception of the magazine release, which is the new oversized "round style".

The bump on the replaceable grip is a laser activation switch. The optional laser system is integral with the frame.

The target price of the frame is under $200. I am sure we will take huge steps to offer the initial run at further discounts to GT members.

The finger grips are the best we have ever seen, they fit both large & small hands alike.

The frame is considered the firearm. It has its own serial number. It must be transferred through a FFL.
JR:

I just ordered a 21 barrel for my 21SF yesterday... it gives me warm-fuzzies when shooting reloads.

When the 21 frame comes out, if it really is under $200, I'll get in line for sure.

Thanks for providing the excellent customer service many of us have come to enjoy. My Glocks are better for it.
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 22:50   #131
Neofyte

Ok a lot of questions

What holsters and Surefire X--- DG switch will work with your receiver

How about a ambi magazine release, always liked the Hk USP lever and it would seem to me it would be easy to make the magazine release modular to allow either button or lever, but then again I'am more qualified to critique warp core harmonics and wizards spells then the mechanics of a Glock

About the laser

1. Is it a Pulse or Steady Beam
2. How long does it run and on what kind of battery
3. is it water resistant
4. If the Diode goes will you replace it or will a new receiver be necessary
5. will it clear a suppressor

Now about the Receiver in General

1. will you offer it with stippling or golfballing on the entire grip instead of just front and rear strap(maybe also do the finger pads near the takedown lever)
2. cuts on the magwell sides for ease extracting magazine(Never had a problem or heard of any but it looks cool)
3. How pronounced is the beavertail(hard to tell from the rendering)
4. If it is possible to expand or bevel to trigger guard to help us ham hands who wear gloves

Any talk about Raven Concealment about making a Phantom Light Compatible Holster

And if you're making it from scratch maybe make it work with XD magazines so I could squeeze an extra round

Smoke
I loved the feel of the finger groves on the Walther P99(Not the Smith & Weston crap) just no the rest of the package.

-edited for spelling

Last edited by Neofyte; 10-28-2008 at 22:52..
Neofyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:24   #132
hillyard

Cool I will be making a 22lr gun with one
hillyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:45   #133
Bodycamp13

Well...

...I'm excited about it and would really like to fondle one. I also appreciate 'JR' for watching the thread and weighing in. I'm impressed. I really think the 19/23 is the best blend for a carry gun but haven't bought one b/c the slide bites my hand due to my hand hold. The new grip angle and beavertail would be very welcomed.

And...I wouldn't have to wait weeks for an aftermarket shop to modify a factory frame that I can't sell if I ever get rid of the gun.

The next one I'd like to see is 19, then a 26!

Thanks to LWD for introducing what could be a great new product.
Bodycamp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:11   #134
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
Our frame will fit any holster designed for the Glock.
We are going with the standard MR that operates from the LH side of the frame. It seems the current factory produced ambi-MR is running into problems with several holsters currently on the market. We want to avoid the trouble

Laser Questions
1. Steady Beam
2. (2) #2032 Button Cell Batteries - about 4 hours of continuous on time.
3. Weather resistant - rain & splash proof - submergence will not damage the unit, but batteries will have to be removed and dried.
4. Diode is replaceable by the factory (or a capable gunsmith)
5. Diode is offset from the bore by just over 3/4" - will probably not clear 1.5" dia suppressors but we are working on it.

Receiver Questions
1. Stippling
2. We agree!
3. Our Beavertail will stop slide bite for sure
4. We have modified a lot of Glock frames over the years. We would not be offended if you decided to cut, grind or chop away at this frame. If your proud of the job maybe you could even share it with us. After all, that is how we got started!
5. Don't know who Raven is? Don't know their product line. If they make a Glock holster ours will fit
6. Glock mags only. If you want extra rounds we recommend Arredondo

JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:13   #135
Apocalypse_Now
Molon Labe

Why? (scratches head) Now if they really wanted to do something worthwhile, they could make a folding stock tactical carbine that takes Glock mags
"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. ... Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible instrument of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American" Tench Coxe 1788.
Apocalypse_Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:17   #136
dawg23
Resident Dimwit

No one (that I noticed) has commented on the indentation that seems to have been created at the rear of the trigger guard.

If that's what it is, thank you. I will buy four G19's as soon as they are offered, and the factory indentation willl save me the trouble of removing the "bump."

dawg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:23   #137
Eric
Big Giant Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse_Now View Post
Why? (scratches head) Now if they really wanted to do something worthwhile, they could make a folding stock tactical carbine that takes Glock mags
Now it is my turn to scratch my head and ask why. I will never understand the fascination with pistol caliber carbines, but this is a conversation for another time (and thread). Eric
Old 10-29-2008, 13:25   #138
NY Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse_Now View Post
look into Keltec & Olympic Arms
Old 10-29-2008, 13:26   #139
NY Glock

I would be interested in a full pistol version, any chance for LEO discounts?
Old 10-29-2008, 13:44   #140
speedracer815
NRA - ISRA

So you could actually have a Lone Wolf instead of a Glock. LW frame, slide and barrel. I wonder if they'll start marketing complete guns.