Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-16-2010, 17:54   #1301
RottnJP
Lifetime Membership

Hey Lone Wolves! I was out of commission due to RLS and my Dad's health. I would be happy to help with the next round of field trials. (Beta 2? Delta?) Whichever.

"I hereby certify that I understand the definitions of 'field trial,' 'beta test,' and 'prototype.' Any flaws or faults discovered will be cheerfully and professionally reported in the spirit of process and product improvement which provided the opportunity to look for them." (New disclaimer I just made up.) :D
Outpost Member #69.14159
RottnJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:15   #1302
raph84

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDN View Post
...The other problem I have with the uneven rails is the slide rubbing against the trigger bar where it turns 90 degrees in to the trigger housing. While the trigger is held back, and the slide is returning foreword, the trigger bar raises up and rubs the slide...
Thanks for posting this. I thought I had lost my mind, but I swore as I was breaking the gun in, I had to manipulate the trigger just so to avoid failures to eject, I wonder if this slide rubbing may have been the cause.

The problem seems to have corrected itself for me after break in, but I am going to take it down and check the trigger group to see if there is any unusual wear
raph84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:23   #1303
bikerdog

So am I correct in assuming without reading all 53 pages, that these frames are still in testing?
Old 09-22-2010, 08:49   #1304
P.E. Kelley

Sponsor Showcase
Finally got around to shooting a photo or two of the new frame with a very special top end from Salient Arms International

More to come.....

Patrick
P.E. Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:53   #1305
juicespeare1

Got the two new grip inserts for the frame and I must say they are quite a bit more tight in the frame than the original ones.

The actual lever that locks the grip insert into the frame is stiffer and makes removing them harder, which is a good thing.

I think these will fix the grip insert problem for good.
juicespeare1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 19:43   #1306
rsm688

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
Sponsor Showcase
Finally got around to shooting a photo or two of the new frame with a very special top end from Salient Arms International

More to come.....

Patrick

that thing is SEXY
rsm688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 19:52   #1307
rsm688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodspeed(TPF) View Post
I have only 400 rounds through my frame as of now as my rear rails are uneven and the slide actually binds when fully rearward. It's so bad the striker is cutting a grove in one side of the trigger bar cruciform due to the offset. I'll get some pics up when I get back home. I also have the mag release and back strap problem as well so this particular frame is pretty much un-useable as-is. To end on a high note however I do like the feel of the frame with the "arched" backstrap and the relief under the trigger guard and "beavertail" are greatly appreciated. I look forward to getting one that works well to try out. J.R. How do I go about getting a different frame to replace this one? Thanks. -Goodspeed

I'm in the same boat as you. Mine has been running pretty reliably with .40 and supersonic 9mm but my accuracy has not been as good as I would like it to be. I started having a few cycling problems with my subsonic rounds cycling and broke out my caliper and found out my rear rails are definately uneven. probably gonna stop using this proto frame completely as i dont want to cause uneven wear on my slides from uneven rails.

I was excited at first because I though that the frame rails were thicker than the factory rails so it took up some of the slop in the slide/frame fitment but I guess it's just the crooked rails that are making it feel so tight.

I guess the .40 and 9mm supersonic rounds are hot enough to slide the slide over the uneven frame rails but my 9mm subsonic rounds cant overcome the friction from the crooked rails or something. It's a shame as I was going to throw my suppressor on it and put around 1000 rounds through it to see if the extra recoil from the suppressor LCD caused any problems with the LW frame.

JR, has anything been done to make sure the current proto/production frames all have even rails? I'm kinda confused how some of ours are uneven and some aren't unless it was an early problem that was corrected through the proto production.

Also, is there anyway some of us with the really messed up protos can get a later model proto frame, or get a discounted version or something? Mine is suffering from the tight magazine fit (only some of my old worn down magazines will drop free when empty), magazine release problem, grip problem, and crooked frame rails and is going to be retired before it ends up damaging my slides.

thanks,
spencer

Last edited by rsm688; 09-25-2010 at 19:55..
Old 09-25-2010, 19:58   #1308
rsm688

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdog View Post
So am I correct in assuming without reading all 53 pages, that these frames are still in testing?

Yes although it seems like all the flaws have been figured out and JR and the guys at Lone Wolf are taking care of them 1 at a time. Tight magazine fitment problem has been fixed, grip problem has been fixed, magazine release problem is being taken care of currently, not sure if the uneven frame rails was just a certain batch that was flawed or what but I am sure they have looked into it as well

Last edited by rsm688; 09-25-2010 at 19:59..
Old 09-27-2010, 14:39   #1309
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
Some of the prototype frames have issues with the rails. There is nothing we can do to correct it. BTW: The issue has been corrected regarding future productions.
If you are not happy with the performance of your frame ship it back. I am more than happy to credit you the original amount towards the next production run.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 16:04   #1310
doodi1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
Some of the prototype frames have issues with the rails. There is nothing we can do to correct it. BTW: The issue has been corrected regarding future productions.
If you are not happy with the performance of your frame ship it back. I am more than happy to credit you the original amount towards the next production run.
Thank you JR, this is very gracious of you. This is why I will buy more frames from you in the future.
doodi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 16:07   #1311
farscott

JR,

The support for us beta testers is very much appreciated. I will definitely spend more of my hard-earned money with LWD.

I am keeping my prototype frame as a functioning keepsake. How often in my life will I get to test a new firearm?
Old 09-27-2010, 16:41   #1312
TcRoc
Phillies Fan !!

Jr,, hows the MR coming along???Any idea how far out til we can get that?
TcRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 16:46   #1313
JR
GT Sponsor

The molds were adjusted and should be operational any day. I should be able to ship replacements next week.
I am leaving on a Salmon fishing trip on the Columbia River Tuesday evening. Will return Monday the 4th. Maybe I will have some to ship at that time?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 09-27-2010, 16:56   #1314
thePirho

I must say, I am excited. Out of curiosity, and not to step on any toes, could you use a glock worx pivoting trigger set up with this frame? My basic knowledge would lead me to believe that if it fits in my 17c then it would fit in this frame.

Keep up the good work.

(Joke - completely not serious, I am not a mall ninja I swear)
Wheres the place on this frame where I can attach my ar15 stock to it? And my tac knife?
TX CHL, 17c with Houge Slip-On, extended slide release,mag release, glockmeister SS guide rod 22lb spring. Sig P6 with pacymyer grips, Sig 226 with houge grips in 9mm 357 40S&W, Beretta INOX Vertec 9mm, and
thePirho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 18:51   #1315
TcRoc
Phillies Fan !!

Quote:
The molds were adjusted and should be operational any day. I should be able to ship replacements next week.
I am leaving on a Salmon fishing trip on the Columbia River Tuesday evening. Will return Monday the 4th. Maybe I will have some to ship at that time?
Sounds good,, enjoy your trip
TcRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 21:58   #1316
juicespeare1

I've been reluctant to mention this but I cannot get a good trigger pull

I've been reluctant to mention this but I cannot get a good trigger pull with this frame and the slim trigger housing.

I've tried many things, different connectors, different springs (trigger, striker and trigger safety) and nothing works.

It is either the slim trigger housing or the frame itself. The same parts in the stock OEM Glock frame are quite good.

I've tried two LWD 3.5 lb connectors, two Scherer 3.5 lb connectors, one Ghost Rocket 3.5 lb connector and the original factory Glock OEM 3.5lb connector. All with stock and lighter springs from the Ghost Rocket parts kit.

The problem is the trigger pull has too much creep, heavy creep, but only when in the LWD frame. The same parts in the stock frame give good trigger pulls.

I think it may have something to do with the slide sitting higher than the factory frame and also the left side frame rails a bit higher than the right ones on the LWD frame. I think this may be messing up the geometry. But I'm not sure as I've never had a Glock with a slim trigger housing. I'm wondering if putting a trigger assembly from a full size Glock in a slim trigger housing messes up the geometry as well.

Any ideas?

Last edited by juicespeare1; 10-01-2010 at 11:55..
Old 10-01-2010, 11:06   #1317
JR
GT Sponsor

Why would you be reluctant to mention this? If there is a issue with your frame I want to hear about it. That was pretty much the deal from the beginning.... I supply a cheap test frame, you shoot the heck out of it and provide an opinion. I appreciate you guys going through this T&E with me but you have to realize you are not doing anybody any favors by not mentioning a failure if you have one.

If the frame is not performing in an acceptable manner all of you have the option of returning it. I will give you the credit you originally paid on the next frame which will be available this month.

Last edited by JR; 10-01-2010 at 11:07.. Reason: spelling
Old 10-01-2010, 11:10   #1318
rsm688

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePirho View Post
I must say, I am excited. Out of curiosity, and not to step on any toes, could you use a glock worx pivoting trigger set up with this frame? My basic knowledge would lead me to believe that if it fits in my 17c then it would fit in this frame.
Gotta be a slim-frame trigger to work, if glock worx makes a pivoting trigger setup for the slim frame glocks that should work. the normal trigger housing will not fit
Old 10-01-2010, 11:53   #1319
juicespeare1

Quote:
Why would you be reluctant to mention this? If there is a issue with your frame I want to hear about it. That was pretty much the deal from the beginning.... I supply a cheap test frame, you shoot the heck out of it and provide an opinion. I appreciate you guys going through this T&E with me but you have to realize you are not doing anybody any favors by not mentioning a failure if you have one.

If the frame is not performing in an acceptable manner all of you have the option of returning it. I will give you the credit you originally paid on the next frame which will be available this month.

I've been reluctant because I wanted to try every possible combination of connectors and springs.

I finally finished that task on Wednesday night.

I ended up putting the original factory springs and my LWD 3.5lb connector back in the LWD frame as I saw no benefit using other springs or factory or Ghost or Scherer connectors since they all exhibit the same creep. This is the same setup I used in the original Glock OEM G34 frame and those exact same parts in the Glock frame using the regular trigger housing give a nice, light, creep free pull.

I will admit using a lighter striker spring, lighter trigger safety spring and heavier trigger spring ended up with a lighter pull, of course, but the creep never goes away when using the LWD frame and the slim trigger housing.

Since I really don't know what the problem is, the LWD frame or slim trigger housing as those are the two variables which have changed, I really can't ascertain what might be the problem.

I any case I just wanted to get input from others who might be having the same issue.

NOTE - I also should mention using the Ghost lighter striker spring caused issues with trigger reset, it is too light and will not allow the trigger to reliably reset. I just wanted to try everything at my disposal to see if I could get a creep free trigger pull.

Last edited by juicespeare1; 10-01-2010 at 11:59..
Old 10-01-2010, 12:36   #1320
JR
GT Sponsor

This is what I expected from you "beta-test" guys. You are pretty much advanced when compared to general Glock owners. If you have an issue, you should be able to try several alternative resolves. If the frame is still unacceptable, return it. I have another run of them slated for delivery this month.