Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-10-2012, 22:26   #1576
TexasPOff
"Dump The Hump"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
LWD has been, and continues to deliver the Full Size TimberWolf Frame models 17,22,24,31,34,35. See them here http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=3168

The TimberWolf Compact Frame is slated for production now. I planed to make a very special offer to GT members who follow this thread. An offer similar to the original deal we had with the Full size. You know, pick it up at a super discounted price, run it, post your findings.
The difference this time is that the Compact frame is actually perfect. We have plenty of running samples in hand now. Everybody here loves them! This initial run does not deserve to be labeled a prototype but.......
Keeping with tradition I plan to produce a limited run of 250 pcs. I will serial number them PROTO-xxx so they will clearly qualify as collectors. I will offer a deep discount to GT members for their participation in this project.

I plan to make an official announcement the week of the 20th.
Count me in for at least one.....
Certified M&P LE Armorer
www.ColdBoreCustom.com "DUMP THE HUMP"
TexasPOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 22:28   #1577
youngdocglock

WOW. they found a way to make a glock uglier

Ill stick with my Gen 3 frame personally.
Old 08-11-2012, 19:30   #1578
WDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngdocglock View Post

If you don't like it, move on. It's that simple.
Function over form. I've bought mostly glocks over the last 25 years because they function so well. This frame has a few features that are better than Glock. Fortunately I think the frame looks nice. But in the end, I don't care about looks as much as function.
WDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 14:42   #1579
RottnJP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngdocglock View Post

Well, I have one of the full size frames, and I can tell you it both looks and feels better than the gen 3 frame.
Outpost Member #69.14159
RottnJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 14:22   #1580
AR_Guy

I'm excited to try one of these. A better option then sending one of my Glocks out for a grip reduction.
AR_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:52   #1581
s64woody

I am waiting for the mid sized frame! Sure does look like a nice item. I am in for at least two of them.
s64woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 13:03   #1582
WDN

Hey JR, Do you think we can put a notice on the receipt to ffl pertaining to the proper way to transfer these frames. Might avoid a little confusion.

Quote:
The TimberWolf frame transfers FROM your dealer TO you as "OTHER". You become the builder. You decide if it is a pistol or rifle.

If your dealer transfers the TimberWolf frame as a pistol he has made a clerical mistake in identification. Advise him to make the change to "other" or contact JR at LWD for further clarification.
Old 08-19-2012, 21:18   #1583
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
Your dealer should know what he is doing. If you see other wise remind him he can verify by simply contacting his local BATF agent or contacting LWD direct
Old 08-20-2012, 22:33   #1584
Travelin' Jack
Misinformed

Travelin' Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 14:10   #1585
jpprescott

No word yet? I didn't miss it did I?

Old 08-23-2012, 14:22   #1586
Travelin' Jack
Misinformed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpprescott View Post
No word yet? I didn't miss it did I?

Old 08-27-2012, 11:53   #1587
IronSulfide

Quote:
LWD has been, and continues to deliver the Full Size TimberWolf Frame models 17,22,24,31,34,35. See them here http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=3168

The TimberWolf Compact Frame is slated for production now. I planed to make a very special offer to GT members who follow this thread. An offer similar to the original deal we had with the Full size. You know, pick it up at a super discounted price, run it, post your findings.
The difference this time is that the Compact frame is actually perfect. We have plenty of running samples in hand now. Everybody here loves them! This initial run does not deserve to be labeled a prototype but.......
Keeping with tradition I plan to produce a limited run of 250 pcs. I will serial number them PROTO-xxx so they will clearly qualify as collectors. I will offer a deep discount to GT members for their participation in this project.

I plan to make an official announcement the week of the 20th.
I'm new to this place, but this frame would make an excellent edition to my 23C. I can't wait to try and get one!
IronSulfide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 15:07   #1588
G-dude-19
Glock'em

Send a message via AIM to G-dude-19
Been eye ballin this thread for a while now. I'm super excited! Count down plz! lol
G1 Niners Club #2015
Young Glockers #2015
G-dude-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:01   #1589
oukaapie

Put me down for one.
oukaapie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:42   #1590
jpprescott

Is there an adapter available that will allow me to put a Glock 17 slide on the Timberwolf compact frame?
Old 08-29-2012, 12:42   #1591
LWD Armorer
GT Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpprescott View Post
Is there an adapter available that will allow me to put a Glock 17 slide on the Timberwolf compact frame?
You need a barrel and dust cover to convert 17,22, or 31 to a compact lower.

Barrel:
19L:
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Search.aspx?TERM=LWD-19l

2340L:
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Search.aspx?TERM=LWD-2340l

239L:
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Search.aspx?TERM=LWD-239L

Dust Cover:
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Search.aspx?TERM=LWD-dc1

You still use the compact guide rod recoil spring...

Dan
Want to see more?
Visit www.facebook.com/lonewolfdistributors
LWD Armorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 14:10   #1592
jpprescott

Ok. I assumed I could just substitute the G17 locking block in place of the 19 locking block and use the factory upper, and the dust cover.... Good thing I asked!

Thanks
Old 09-03-2012, 07:01   #1593
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

I have an old Gen 2 Glock 22 that I have had since about '92 or '93, I am guessing the LWD frame wouldn't work on it. The only motivation I would have in getting an LWD frame for it is to have a rail without gettng that awkward aftermarket rail that hooks into the trigger guard, or sending the pistol back to glock and paying 150 for them to destroy the original frame and give me a FrankenGlock.

If it worked on my Gen 2, I'd be tempted.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:50   #1594
WDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
I have an old Gen 2 Glock 22 that I have had since about '92 or '93, I am guessing the LWD frame wouldn't work on it. The only motivation I would have in getting an LWD frame for it is to have a rail without gettng that awkward aftermarket rail that hooks into the trigger guard, or sending the pistol back to glock and paying 150 for them to destroy the original frame and give me a FrankenGlock.
If it worked on my Gen 2, I'd be tempted.
It will work with your Gen 2 upper. I put my Gen 2 17 on a Timberwolf frame. Email Lonewolf and they will make sure you have the proper parts. You would have to make sure your locking block is compatible which I believe it is.
Sending it back to glock wouldn't make it a frankenglock though. Replacing it with a Timberwolf would. But it makes for a nice Frankenglock. The Timberwolf frame would give you a few nice improvements. http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.a...80127&CAT=3168

With a replacement barrel and a dust cover, mentioned in a couple post above, you can put that upper on the new compact frame coming out. Full size slide on a compact frame(G23) would be a nice combo.

Last edited by WDN; 09-03-2012 at 08:53..
Old 09-03-2012, 10:52   #1595
rkrk

I have to take this subscription off auto email when a new post is made.

Every time I get an email about a new post to this thread I get all ramped up and ready to order my G23 a new frame...

rk
rkrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 18:53   #1596
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDN View Post
It will work with your Gen 2 upper. I put my Gen 2 17 on a Timberwolf frame. Email Lonewolf and they will make sure you have the proper parts. You would have to make sure your locking block is compatible which I believe it is.
Sending it back to glock wouldn't make it a frankenglock though. Replacing it with a Timberwolf would. But it makes for a nice Frankenglock. The Timberwolf frame would give you a few nice improvements. http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.a...80127&CAT=3168

With a replacement barrel and a dust cover, mentioned in a couple post above, you can put that upper on the new compact frame coming out. Full size slide on a compact frame(G23) would be a nice combo.
I am good with a lower with a rail from LWD if it works on my old Gen 2, it would bring it some life. What I meant by a FrankenGlock is mismatched serial numbers. They destroy your old frame at Glock and for 150, when I called them, anyway, they then ship a new one.

I like the the LWD concept because it is unique and I still get to keep my original lower receiver.
Old 09-03-2012, 19:06   #1597
Trapped_in_Kali

Looks cool, I'll get exited when they come out with a G20/G21 sized frame.
Trapped_in_Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 19:46   #1598
tacdriver22mk2

"*19/23 Timberwolf frame expected August 2012. 20/21 Timberwolf frame expected January 2013."

i just want to let you know that its September JUST SAYIN
tacdriver22mk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:39   #1599
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
Ok guys, small hick-up going on here. I fully expected the frames to be available by the end of August but we decided to make a few last minute modifications. We should be able to load and shoot a few proof frames next week and roll out a very special proto run shortly after verification.
BTW: This run of Compact Frames does not really qualify as a genuine prototype, where we need help identifying little tweaks. This run will be as reliable as the current production Full Size Frames. Still, I am going to offer a special introductory price, issue them with the collectable "PROTO" serial numbers and limit production to about 300 pcs.
Old 09-07-2012, 16:32   #1600
tacdriver22mk2

Quote:
Ok guys, small hick-up going on here. I fully expected the frames to be available by the end of August but we decided to make a few last minute modifications. We should be able to load and shoot a few proof frames next week and roll out a very special proto run shortly after verification.
BTW: This run of Compact Frames does not really qualify as a genuine prototype, where we need help identifying little tweaks. This run will be as reliable as the current production Full Size Frames. Still, I am going to offer a special introductory price, issue them with the collectable "PROTO" serial numbers and limit production to about 300 pcs.
please put me down for serial #7 or 120 or 123
tacdriver22mk2 is offline   Reply With Quote