SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:34   #1241
Jon_R
Silver Membership

Survey Link

Should the survey link still be accessible? When I go to it there is nowhere to provide the information.
Jon_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 13:28   #1242
juicespeare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_R View Post
Mine does the same thing. I think the mag release just needs a little more mass where it engages and holds the magazine. Hopefully this is something we can swap out as currently I can't use the pistol for anything other then plinking at the range. Using it at matches with constant concern the mag will fall out isn't a good idea.

My guess is the mag release is just not holding enough of the mag so under recoil it bounces loose.

I agree, the part of the mag release that engages the magazine cutout is too small/little and with the spring pressure being as light as it is, the mags release with very little movement of the mag release.

Also my mag release binds a bit when i press it as the mag release part that the user presses sticks out a bit much and catches the frame body a bit. I can't really explain this well.

EDIT - Let me see if I can explain the last part better. The part of the mag release the user presses on my mag release in the LWD frame extends out too far. The back part of this is a hard right angle and catches on the frame cutout for the mag release. So when I press the mag release it catches on the frame a bit and I have to press hard sometimes to get the mag release to move at all. A bit more plastic on the mag release would fix this.

I rounded that edge every so slightly to help out and it helped a bit but still sometimes I have to press the mag catch button harder than I should have to due to it catching.

In any case, the spring pressure is too little and the amount of material on the mag catch that engages the magazine cutout is too little and allows the mag to drop with very little movement of the mag catch. I think this is a mold issue and can be easily fixed by LWD. The catch material can be beefed up and the pad part of the mag catch can have more material inside where it rides in the frame cutout on the left hand side of the frame (i.e. the round part of the frame cutout).

Last edited by juicespeare1; 08-23-2010 at 14:12..
juicespeare1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 13:44   #1243
TcRoc
Phillies Fan !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_R View Post
Mine does the same thing. I think the mag release just needs a little more mass where it engages and holds the magazine. Hopefully this is something we can swap out as currently I can't use the pistol for anything other then plinking at the range. Using it at matches with constant concern the mag will fall out isn't a good idea.

My guess is the mag release is just not holding enough of the mag so under recoil it bounces loose.
another +1 ..hopefully we can swap out the part,, another 5oo rounds thru mine,, no failures,accurate but mags are dropping
TcRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 21:58   #1244
LLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TcRoc View Post
NO offense taken ,, I'm no rocket scientist and have been wrong before
I can vouch for that, hes wrong alot.LOL
but a hell of a good shot.
LLL

Last edited by LLL; 08-23-2010 at 21:59..
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:34   #1245
TcRoc
Phillies Fan !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
I can vouch for that, hes wrong alot.LOL
but a hell of a good shot.
LLL
Its a Mental Thang!!

Last edited by TcRoc; 08-24-2010 at 04:36..
TcRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 18:22   #1246
doodi1

JR, has anyone other than me pointed out the issue with the gap between the dust cover and the slide. My gun has the opposite problem of a "Pig Nose". I call it the "Alligator Mouth"! Please see post 1227.
doodi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 19:42   #1247
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
I didn't notice until now. The for-end seems to have dropped away? I don’t have any explanation for it?
Remove the slide and place it upside down on a table (rails on table). This way you will be able to measure the distance it curves.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 14:04   #1248
WDN

JR,
Does anybody make a stiffer mag release spring? Any other options to increase the pressure it takes to operate the mag release?

Thanks,
WDN
WDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 20:34   #1249
JR
GT Sponsor

You can visit a hobby store and pick up different weights in piano wire.
FYI: We are developing the round mag release with a thicker side. This should resolve any & all accidental drop issues. Should be available in 3 to 4 weeks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:03   #1250
juicespeare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
You can visit a hobby store and pick up different weights in piano wire.
FYI: We are developing the round mag release with a thicker side. This should resolve any & all accidental drop issues. Should be available in 3 to 4 weeks.

JR,

Can you send me one of those when it's ready to test? I'm really having problems with the one I have currently.

Thanks
Old 08-30-2010, 11:37   #1251
JR
GT Sponsor

Yah, of course! This is not a problem. Replacement parts will go out as needed.

FYI: There were a few complaints regarding the frame. Our objective is to address any/every bug associated with the prototype run.
A few guys complained about the grips unlocking. We shipped the new improved grips and see this issue is resolved.
The MR issue is sure to be resolved with the release of the improved version, I am betting on it.

Old 08-30-2010, 12:53   #1252
juicespeare1

Quote:
Yah, of course! This is not a problem. Replacement parts will go out as needed.

FYI: There were a few complaints regarding the frame. Our objective is to address any/every bug associated with the prototype run.
A few guys complained about the grips unlocking. We shipped the new improved grips and see this issue is resolved.
The MR issue is sure to be resolved with the release of the improved version, I am betting on it.
JR,

Any plans to release more types of rear grips?

I ask because I really like the flat one. The curved one feels strange to me, the hump isn't in the same place as the Glock OEM grip so it feels strange.

I'd really like to see the flat one with a bob-tailed bottom, really curved at the bottom into the frame. Maybe even bob-tail the bottom of the frame as well.

I have a couple of bob-tailed 1911's and really like the feel of those. Your flat grip panel on the LWD frame really makes the Glock feel much nicer to me, not as blocky. I don't have any trouble shooting large frame pistols, but do like a slim grip more than a larger grip and a bobtail would be awesome.
Old 08-30-2010, 14:45   #1253
JR
GT Sponsor

We can do anything we want with the grip. We will see how the situation plays out and then provide product for the masses. The most important thing right now is to get the regular production rolling. We have a viable product and a need to fill it before moving on.

Old 08-30-2010, 20:00   #1254
solvability

I want to mention how impressed I am with Lonewolf - this project is very difficult and expensive for them to undertake. I have the impression these are folks of real integrity and determination. The shooting community benefits greatly from these alternatives and I appreciate the effort.

Thanks LoneWolf.
Jim
solvability is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:55   #1255
doodi1

Quote:
I didn't notice until now. The for-end seems to have dropped away? I donít have any explanation for it?
Remove the slide and place it upside down on a table (rails on table). This way you will be able to measure the distance it curves.
JR, I'll be away from home until after Labor Day weekend. Once back i will take more pictures and measurements and send you the info. I really want this LW receiver to work out. I feel like you have a great thing going here. Im also interested in buying the G19 and G21 versions when they are launched. I'll also be in for at least another one of the original frames when its debugged.
doodi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:09   #1256
farscott

An update: I have been carrying my TimberWolf-framed G17 and shooting it when I can. My once trouble-free magazine catch has just started causing trouble. I was midway through a magazine at my backyard range when the magazine dropped to the deck.

I reinstalled the magazine and attempted to continue shooting. Got off two more shots and the magazine released. Swapped magazines to no avail as the ten OEM magazines I was using all dropped without me pressing the release button while shooting. So I took it inside and took it apart. I was hoping to perhaps find a sliver of gilding jacket metal that had lodged in the release, causing the issue, but no dice. The magazine catch just seems to no longer securely retain the magazine.

My round count is a bit over 2300 at this time.

Can I request a replacement catch when those are ready to see if it fixes my issue? I would be happy to pay for the part and the shipping.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:28   #1257
juicespeare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodi1 View Post
JR, I'll be away from home until after Labor Day weekend. Once back i will take more pictures and measurements and send you the info. I really want this LW receiver to work out. I feel like you have a great thing going here. Im also interested in buying the G19 and G21 versions when they are launched. I'll also be in for at least another one of the original frames when its debugged.

Mine looks similar to yours, just not quite as bad. It's sloped downward at the front like yours. The opposite of pig-nose.

Last edited by juicespeare1; 09-03-2010 at 14:26..
Old 09-03-2010, 15:24   #1258
JR
GT Sponsor

If you are experiencing grip problems, let me know and I will send replacements.
When the improved MR is available I will gladly send replacements. I will post here when they are ready.

Old 09-03-2010, 19:39   #1259
farscott

Thanks for the great support of the prototype frames. That is very classy and it will be remembered.
Quote:
If you are experiencing grip problems, let me know and I will send replacements.
When the improved MR is available I will gladly send replacements. I will post here when they are ready.
Old 09-03-2010, 22:15   #1260
ainokea

Just curious has any manufacturers ever done something like this? Allowing consumers to help test pre-production products before full production? Mostly people find problems after full production and you always get the "i'll wait till all the bugs are worked out until i buy" comments.

Big props to Lone Wolf for doing this.

ainokea is offline   Reply With Quote