Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-03-2012, 21:03   #1551
TexasPOff
"Dump The Hump"

I like it. My only concern and may be misplaced, is the mag release. I would think this 19/23 sized frame will be used more for concealed carry than the full sized LW frame.
Because of that I worry about the mag release being accidentally pushed while being concealed. It does stick out a bit, to aid in it's use, but there is nothing to prevent accidental contact. A small contoured ledge could aid in preventing or minimizing accidental activation.

Just my observation and by no means does it deter me from picking one as soon as you announce them. I will be using mine as a duty and off duty weapon, so it will be exposed to outside carry as well as concealed.

So, JR, want my CC# now..... TXPO
Certified M&P LE Armorer
www.ColdBoreCustom.com "DUMP THE HUMP"
TexasPOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 21:08   #1552
Robs_G23

Excellent! Looking forward to getting one.
Robs_G23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 22:38   #1553
WDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPOff View Post
I like it. My only concern and may be misplaced, is the mag release. I would think this 19/23 sized frame will be used more for concealed carry than the full sized LW frame.
Because of that I worry about the mag release being accidentally pushed while being concealed. It does stick out a bit, to aid in it's use, but there is nothing to prevent accidental contact. A small contoured ledge could aid in preventing or minimizing accidental activation.

Just my observation and by no means does it deter me from picking one as soon as you announce them. I will be using mine as a duty and off duty weapon, so it will be exposed to outside carry as well as concealed.

So, JR, want my CC# now..... TXPO
I have a full frame Timberwolf and I don't think the mag release sticks out a whole lot further than a Glock. What make the Timberwolf mag release nice is how it extends back further. Therefore making easier to manipulate without adjusting grip.
My main concern with the Timberwolf frame mag release would be the pressure it take to release the mag. My proto was way to soft. I believe they have made changes to the design to stiffen it up though.

Last edited by WDN; 07-04-2012 at 15:43..
WDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 22:49   #1554
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
The original TimberWolf 17 frame had a few isolated complaints regarding inadvertent mag release. This issue was resolved by moving the mag spring retention hole off center creating more tension on the MR. The new release TimberWolf 19 frame has this feature incorporated into it already.
I highly recommend you try the MR as issued, I am sure you will be pleased. If anybody was still apprehensive regarding this issue we have a modified MR available via special request.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:15   #1555
RottnJP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDN View Post
I have a full frame Timberwolf and I don't think the mag release sticks out a whole lot further than a Glock. What make the Timberwolf mag release nice is how it extends back further. Therefore making easier to manipulate without adjusting grip.
My main concern with the Timberwolf frame mag release would be the pressure it take to release the mag. My proto was way to soft. I believe they have made changes to the design to stiffing it up though.
I would second this- I really like the TW's mag release. As WDN says, it doesn't stick out too far, it just extends further rearward. It's like Gen4, but looks classier & feels better than the big rectangle. I have #AAA3xx, and don't have any issues with premature ejection...

My only concern is that not all drop-free mags drop free, at least in .40. According to JR, it has been observed that the 3rd gen mags perform best in this regard, so I'll have to dig through my mag box and try some Gen3 mags to pair with it, I guess.

I'm curious if this is going to be rectified in the compact & large caliber TW frames?

Thanks!
Outpost Member #69.14159
RottnJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:42   #1556
tacdriver22mk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfMarketing View Post
Here's a quick teaser video of our new compact Timberwolf.

Stay tuned for details how GlockTalk members will be able to get a Prototype frame at a greatly reduced cost!

http://bit.ly/MuRUew

Let me know what you think.
PLEASE make a bobtail option for the magwell/backstrap

and is it possible to have a 1911 thumb safety style thumbrest for those of us that like a thumbs forward grip pretty please

also can i call dibbs on serial# 711/777 please

thank you for your time and i hope you enjoy the rest of your day

Last edited by tacdriver22mk2; 07-04-2012 at 06:45..
tacdriver22mk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:46   #1557
rkrk

Looks good and looking forward to picking one up. I am in when they are available.

Thanks
Rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfMarketing View Post
Here's a quick teaser video of our new compact Timberwolf.

Stay tuned for details how GlockTalk members will be able to get a Prototype frame at a greatly reduced cost!

http://bit.ly/MuRUew

Let me know what you think.
rkrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 14:16   #1558
TexasPOff
"Dump The Hump"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
The original TimberWolf 17 frame had a few isolated complaints regarding inadvertent mag release. This issue was resolved by moving the mag spring retention hole off center creating more tension on the MR. The new release TimberWolf 19 frame has this feature incorporated into it already.
I highly recommend you try the MR as issued, I am sure you will be pleased. If anybody was still apprehensive regarding this issue we have a modified MR available via special request.

No worries, I am getting one. I was simply going off the images of the frame. As soon as the prototypes are available I will be ordering on. I have a 19 slide waiting on it.. TXPO
Certified M&P LE Armorer
Old 07-16-2012, 13:52   #1559
Robs_G23

Still patiently waiting. Any further news?
Robs_G23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 13:58   #1560
LoneWolfMarketing
GT Sponsor

We are making tweaks to the first run of prototypes and will have some updated proto's here in a few weeks or so.

Lone Wolf Distributors Inc. <http://www.lonewolfdist.com/>
Phone: 208.448.0600
LoneWolfMarketing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:58   #1561
TexasPOff
"Dump The Hump"

Any current updates JR. Luke is getting tired of me pestering him about when the prototypes are gonna be available... TXPO
Certified M&P LE Armorer

Last edited by TexasPOff; 07-30-2012 at 11:58..
Old 07-30-2012, 12:52   #1562
ShagZ

Looking forward to this. Thank you
ShagZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 14:18   #1563
LWD Armorer
GT Sponsor

JR returns tomorrow or Wed, I have a new sample I am QC'ing now. Should have an update for you guys soon. Sorry about the wait.
Want to see more?
Visit www.facebook.com/lonewolfdistributors
LWD Armorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 13:11   #1564
achall29

How about adding G20/21 to it?
achall29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 16:37   #1565
dhoomonyou

This thread started FOUR years ago??

Wheres the product?
Smith & Wesson Club # 711
Do not demand accomplishment from those with no talent.
dhoomonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:26   #1566
tacdriver22mk2

ok your website lists the 19/23 frame as august 2012 and ... its sorta august 2012 sssooo whats going on here
Old 08-08-2012, 08:51   #1567
RottnJP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoomonyou View Post

Wheres the product?
They released the full size frame a while back. The current interest is for the pending compact frames.

Then we'll all be itching for the large frame guns.
Outpost Member #69.14159
Old 08-08-2012, 11:12   #1568
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
LWD has been, and continues to deliver the Full Size TimberWolf Frame models 17,22,24,31,34,35. See them here http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=3168

The TimberWolf Compact Frame is slated for production now. I planed to make a very special offer to GT members who follow this thread. An offer similar to the original deal we had with the Full size. You know, pick it up at a super discounted price, run it, post your findings.
The difference this time is that the Compact frame is actually perfect. We have plenty of running samples in hand now. Everybody here loves them! This initial run does not deserve to be labeled a prototype but.......
Keeping with tradition I plan to produce a limited run of 250 pcs. I will serial number them PROTO-xxx so they will clearly qualify as collectors. I will offer a deep discount to GT members for their participation in this project.

I plan to make an official announcement the week of the 20th.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:34   #1569
doodi1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoomonyou View Post

Wheres the product?
Good things take time!
doodi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 13:51   #1570
RottnJP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
LWD has been, and continues to deliver the Full Size TimberWolf Frame models 17,22,24,31,34,35. See them here http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=3168

The TimberWolf Compact Frame is slated for production now. I planed to make a very special offer to GT members who follow this thread. An offer similar to the original deal we had with the Full size. You know, pick it up at a super discounted price, run it, post your findings.
The difference this time is that the Compact frame is actually perfect. We have plenty of running samples in hand now. Everybody here loves them! This initial run does not deserve to be labeled a prototype but.......
Keeping with tradition I plan to produce a limited run of 250 pcs. I will serial number them PROTO-xxx so they will clearly qualify as collectors. I will offer a deep discount to GT members for their participation in this project.

Woot! Sign me up!!
Outpost Member #69.14159
Old 08-08-2012, 21:11   #1571
rkrk

Looking forward to it. Can't wait to get one in hand.

thanks
rk

Quote:

rkrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 22:24   #1572
tacdriver22mk2

Quote:

cool dude i am really looking forward to it put me down for serial #7/11/123 please

and i know you guys did a collab for an airsoft full size frame any chance for an airsoft compact i love these for force on force and backyard fun
Old 08-08-2012, 23:31   #1573
Travelin' Jack
Misinformed

Quote:

If it'll run on a Gen3 Glock 32, I'll take the first one.
Travelin' Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 16:40   #1574
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Great! My 23 first generation frame has been showing some wear, so this is a good time to get a new frame for it. Plus then I can use the old frame as a dedicated lower to a CCU

Looking forward to picking one up. and getting a frame for my 20 sometime in the near future.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJYsX1YGiGA
Bullman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 14:18   #1575
jpprescott

I would be VERY interested in one of the 19 prototypes frames!!

Last edited by jpprescott; 08-21-2012 at 15:21..
jpprescott is offline   Reply With Quote