Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:31   #1161
mvician
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbow View Post
My Streamlight TLR-1 fits fine.
TLR-1, M3LED, and GTL all fit fine on mine.
mvician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 14:11   #1162
raph84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainokea View Post
Made a preview youtube video of my frame. Not much but something at least. I plan on doing the range video soon i hope, and more thoughts on the frame and accessories like holsters, lights etc.. maybe even a first person perspective video of a Glock match coming up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o61eHztMhYU
That's awesome! I took some video of my attempt at assembling (unfortunately I ordered the wrong locking block...so I can't finish the video and post it until I either exchange mine or hopefully borrow one from a friend)
raph84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 16:58   #1163
solvability

I had trouble with mags being too tight = I did some sanding on the magwell – then boiled the receiver in a pot of water then put a loaded mag in a couple of plastic sandwich bags and forced them seated – seems to have worked.

I ordered a new locking block from Brownells – it wants the later version. I am hoping that will fix the accuracy issues (it aint accurate) on the LW frame but is on the Glock.

This one may wind up as a dedicated .22 practice gun.
solvability is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 17:07   #1164
Jon_R
Silver Membership

I did 350 rounds this evening putting me at ~550 total. Mixed results. I will fill out the official survey this week just need to decide if I will get another session in. All shots fired with a G17 top end. All parts Glock except a Scharer 3.5Lb Connector, some KCI mags, and Warren Sights other then obviously the LW frame. All lower parts where brand new from a Kit.

Let me start with I am a lefty.

On some mag insertions the back strap came loose so I will do the foam tape idea to hopefully make that a non issue.

I had some mags not drop free when I purposefully pressed the mag release on the empty mag. 4 out of the 20 I brought. 2 KCI, 1 New Glock, and 1 Original Glock Mag from my Gen 2 17.

The main issue I had is about 15 times the mag came unseated or completely fell out when I didn't want it to. I believe my left middle finger about the knuckle was pressing on the mag release enough to release it. I tried messing with my grip to keep away from it but then I had some FTE probably limp wristing it as I basically removed all tension from my left middle finger. If the mag release was stronger it might not be an issue. My buddy was shooting his LW frame and probably will be on later but he did not have the issue but is right handed.

Anyone else a lefty having this issue?

I also had a lot of brass coming straight back at me that does not usually happen with other pistol. Lots bouncing off my hat, off my glasses, cheek, etc... Maybe that changes as it wears in some. It is not to important.

Other then the mags sometimes falling out it ran well and ran it through the paces with fire from retention, advancing, retreating, rapid, slow head shots from ~30 yards.
Jon_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:45   #1165
ChesterCRD

I put 350 rounds through yesterday afternoon. It was hot. Damn hot.

I second Jon_R's observation on the ejection. I'm shooting in G22 configuration with a LW slide and barrel, but everything else is glock. Most of my ejections come straight back. It's not much trouble wearing a hat and glasses, but could be an issue for carry.

I need to do something about mags. My new .40 mags work correctly, but all my older ones (4 and 5 on the follower) are tight enough not to drop free.

Accuracy and cycling were fine. The chamber on the LW barrel is tighter which led to some issues with my ammo. Out of the 350 rounds 6 failed to chamber. I gauged all six in a G35 barrel when I got home and they insert fully and fall out freely. I may contact LW about adjusting my barrel.
ChesterCRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 14:27   #1166
TcRoc
Phillies Fan !!

My frame has shipped,,, anxiously awaiting

Last edited by TcRoc; 08-05-2010 at 05:23..
TcRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 22:15   #1167
quirartefamily1

I have set up my frame with a 17 slide and all Glock internals. I have put approximately 1500 rounds through it with dissapointing results. In all I have had approximately 50 stove-pipe malfunctions. This is not good as I intended on using it On-Duty. I will be getting rid of the frame as it will not be of use to me. I am glad though that others are having fun with theirs.
quirartefamily1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:36   #1168
doodi1

Just picked up my frame today. Everything looks good except the frame rails that are rough. Two of them had a lot of surface rust on them and all four have sharp unfinished edges (jagged). I used a bit of Flitz and cleaned off the rust and want to use a diamond file to clean-up the edges of the rails. What i want to know is if the rails are made of stainless steel or just plain steel? Are they coated (nickel/chrome) with some sort of protective coating? Hopefully the final frames will have better finished frame rails that are NP3 or Chrome plated for reduced friction and corrosion protection.

Tonight, i will try to put it together with my stock Glock parts that I bought for this frame!
doodi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:39   #1169
chakup

I was really hoping reports would get better, not worse.
chakup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:35   #1170
mvician
Lifetime Membership

put another 250 through mine.......no problems what so ever

Just brought in the mail, I ordered a trigger housing pin for the GLOCK 36 from LWD and it is a perfect fit. Something to consider for those that don't like the longer regular TH pin length.

Sponsor Showcase

Last edited by mvician; 08-05-2010 at 11:50..
mvician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 13:23   #1171
DrugRunR

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodi1 View Post
Just picked up my frame today. Everything looks good except the frame rails that are rough. Two of them had a lot of surface rust on them and all four have sharp unfinished edges (jagged).
Picked mine up today too and its the same.
The outside part of the rails are clean, the inside have rust discoloration on them. I am worried because it looks like the rails are rusting under the plastic since the rust seems to continue to under the plastic.
It came in two weeks ago but I was on vacation last week and was just able to pick it up today because my dealer was gone each time I went by.

Problem I have is none of my mags fit the frame. They are all SUPER tight.
Tighter then the factory non-drop free mags (the early ones).

It will be another couple of weeks before I can assemble it and range test it. Its busy at work and I will be out of town. SUCKS
DrugRunR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 14:33   #1172
TcRoc
Phillies Fan !!

Some of you are making me nervous ,, I hope mine is not a problem child ,, with my luck it will be the worst one
TcRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 15:06   #1173
paulbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakup View Post
I was really hoping reports would get better, not worse.
They will get better. These are prototype frames.
paulbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 15:46   #1174
oef24

My dealer received mine and is going to put it together for me. I haven't had a chance to handle it yet but he tells me that it looks great. I know they are proto's but I really hope I got a good one.
oef24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 18:55   #1175
WDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbow View Post
They will get better. These are prototype frames.
I just hope he improves the quality of the rails and mag release before the production frames are released. I know the magazine issue has been addressed.
WDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 19:06   #1176
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
I hate to say it but "rusty rails" are worthless without pics! I have seen every frame that shipped and yet to find a rusty rail?
We figure the mag issue has a lot to do with cooling of the frame upon ejection from the mold. Pretty sure we have it dialed in.
The mag release issue is also being adressed. Its funny how this one is all over the board?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 19:56   #1177
solvability

[QUOTE=JR;15760434 Its funny how this one is all over the board?[/QUOTE]
funny?
solvability is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 20:14   #1178
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
Yah sure, "funny". Plenty of participants like it, a few hate it, some complain it drops inadvertently, others have absolutely no issue with ejection... Accidental or otherwise.
I think this issue can easily be described as funny, as in strange, weird, odd, bizarre, surprising, unexplainable, unexpected, curious .....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 20:29   #1179
DrugRunR

Jr, per your request......

I would call that rust.
My frame is 284 so you can look me up if you want.
It arrived two weeks ago. It sat at my dealer in the original sealed box until today about 1pm. I was out of town last week on vacation and I didn't have time to get it prior to leaving.
I haven't done anything to it except try different magazines out (with no catch installed)

Honestly, I don't own a glock that I can swap parts to try. I own a 19,23,30, and a 21. I was going to purchase all the parts to complete this frame but with the issues that I am hearing, I am not sure it would be a wise investment to sink $300 on parts to complete this frame if I am gonna have issues with it when I can buy a complete new gun for $150 more.
Attached Thumbnails
Sponsor Showcase - Click for larger version   Sponsor Showcase - Click for larger version  

Last edited by DrugRunR; 08-05-2010 at 20:31.. Reason: spelling
Old 08-05-2010, 20:36   #1180
DrugRunR

I can ship this one back to you to personally check out if you want.