Originally Posted by LWD Armorer View Post
Perfect! Thank you!
dtrosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 14:51   #1143
TcRoc
Phillies Fan !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
We are at the end of shipping the prototype frames. If you are still waiting on a frame you need to contact your FFL and verify they emailed or faxed a copy of their license. We have several orders that are on the verge of being cancelled because the FFL's are not in our hands. If you have questions regarding a past due order I recommend you contact Anna at LWD customer service ajohnson@lonewolfdist.com

Grab the ejector with pliers and pull straight out of your TH. Shove it straight in the SF trigger housing and you are good to go!
Just talked to Anna,,,all is well

Last edited by TcRoc; 07-29-2010 at 15:03..
TcRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 16:27   #1144
mvician
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvician View Post
A couple of things I'd like to see....

a stronger mag release spring
a trimmed down trigger housing pin (could modify my own, no biggie)
a more positive method of backstrap retention, had it unseat itself during a mag change. Will try the foam tape idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchy wilson View Post
Hey, what size is the G36's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_R View Post
Or the Gen 4s might be a match. I will pull the pin from my G4 G17 and see how it fits.

took the pin out of my 36 and it should be perfect

Sponsor Showcase
mvician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 16:42   #1145
WDN

Ok JR,
You've given us tentative time lines for the future release of other frames, but I'm curious when your going to release the integrated laser frames?

It looks like this frame has the potential to be a real winner. Would love to build a custom Timberwolf 19 with laser built in.

TIA

Last edited by WDN; 07-29-2010 at 16:43..
WDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 17:33   #1146
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
We already have all the provisions built into the frame to accommodate the laser so it is not an issue at all. Once the frame hits general production we will have a little time to fine tune the laser and mag well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 18:13   #1147
Olivers_AR

Got an email that things are moving and went Pending for status!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivers_AR View Post
Inquiry sent on status, thanks for the heads up! FFL was on file when I called to verify the order.
ETA: Have shipping confirmation.

Last edited by Olivers_AR; 07-30-2010 at 13:18..
Olivers_AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:35   #1148
cmecha

mine was shipped can't wait to get it.
Thanks again JR

Last edited by cmecha; 07-30-2010 at 11:35..
cmecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:57   #1149
ainokea

Made a preview youtube video of my frame. Not much but something at least. I plan on doing the range video soon i hope, and more thoughts on the frame and accessories like holsters, lights etc.. maybe even a first person perspective video of a Glock match coming up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o61eHztMhYU

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
ainokea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:36   #1150
doodi1

Woohooo! all is well, I'm pending also. Talked to Anna and I'm good to go now.
doodi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:00   #1151
ChesterCRD

Timberwolf G22

I assembled my frame today with a LW slide and barrel. The rest of the parts are all Glock. She's a Glock 22 for now. I'll start running rounds through tomorrow.

All my Glock mags (17 and 22 mags tested) go in and out fine. My G17 KCI mags work. I ordered a couple Korean G22 mags which are very tight in this frame. I was able to seat one with some effort, and had to use a tool handle to push it out from the top because I couldn't get a good enough grip on the bottom, to give you an idea of the resistance. The backstrap seems OK with mags that eject properly, but comes off if any effort is necessary to remove the mag (I'll try a foam strip if this proves to be an issue at the range).

I'll be testing it with the LW slide and with a G17 slide, and will update JR's survey when I'm done, probably early next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Sponsor Showcase - Click for larger version   Sponsor Showcase - Click for larger version   Sponsor Showcase - Click for larger version   Sponsor Showcase - Click for larger version  
ChesterCRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:02   #1152
farscott

I have been carrying my TimberWolf G17 for the last few days in my Heinie/Alessi DOJ, and I am happy to report no issues with inadvertent magazine releases and no issues with the back strap becoming unlatched. My frame appears to be a keeper.

I think I see how a magazine that is tight in the mag well can cause the back strap latch to release. I need to tape up a magazine to test my theory.

Last edited by farscott; 07-31-2010 at 11:03..
farscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 20:06   #1153
solvability

I did back to back accuracy testing of the LW lower vs Glock lower and the accuracy is not good with the LW - hits left with erratic grouping. I cannot see any reason for this. Is anyone else seeing a problem with accuracy?
solvability is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 22:38   #1154
khamill2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by solvability View Post
I did back to back accuracy testing of the LW lower vs Glock lower and the accuracy is not good with the LW - hits left with erratic grouping. I cannot see any reason for this. Is anyone else seeing a problem with accuracy?
For me, the accuracy was better with the TW. I feel this is due to better control of the new frame.
khamill2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 23:55   #1155
juicespeare1

OK, fired 500+ rounds yesterday and here are my results and impressions so far. Already filled out the survey on the LDW website.

1.) Mag release is too easy to activate, needs a stronger spring.

2.) Accuracy not quite as good as with my G34 frame, not sure why this is the case. Could be a different hold thing going on there , but I think I know why. ***I will discuss this further below.

3.) No jams for me.

4.) My son had 8 FTF jams. Not sure why but maybe due to a weaker grip or maybe weak ammo, see number 5 below. I'm not too worried about this as I had no jams at all.

5.) Extraction seems a bit weak (I suspect the ammo, used 115gr Federal from Walmart).

6.) No issues at all with the grip coming loose, none whatsoever. Used the flat grip as I like the feel better than the curved one.

7.) Shot slightly left and high. ***I will discuss this further below.

8.) The gap between slide and frame is higher on the left side of the
gun when looking from the rear of the gun in shooting position. The metal frame rails are higher on the left hand side of the frame when compared to the right hand side frame rails, you can see this with the slide removed. This is causing the gap to be different on the left and right hand sides.

9.) This is very minor, the sprue mark on the front of the trigger guard needed to be filed down a bit on my frame.

10.) The mag well on mine was very tight and needed filing and sanding to get mags to drop free. After a few hours of careful work, all my mags now drop free.

11.) Recoil is perceptably less using the LWD frame compared to the OEM Glock G34 frame. I attribute this to the higher and different grip of the LWD frame.

======================
Have the gun configured as such:
======================
1.) Stock frame parts except for Ghost 3.5# connector (not the one with the overtravel tab).

BTW - The connector needed to be readjusted when installed in the LWD frame. The connectory was setup for the factory G34 frame and was adjusted perfectly in the OEM frame. The connector needed adjustment when put into the new SF trigger housing and into the LWD frame. The trigger pull is significantly heavier in the LWD frame when compared to the factory G34 frame.

2.) Stock slide parts except for barrel and sights.

3.) LWD 9mm G34 replacement barrel

4.) Tru Glo TFO sights.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** Now for my thoughts on why the gun shot high and not as accurately as the OEM G34 frame.

For some unknown reason, the LWD G34 barrel doesn't lock up tight at the chamber end compared to when I use the G34 frame. I took the parts out of the G34 so it should be the same but it is not. The factory original G34 barrel locks up tigher in the LWD frame than the LWD barrel. The rear of the LWD barrel sits lower in the slide when using the LWD frame and using the same exact locking block in both the OEM G34 frame and the LWD frame.

This is strange as the LWD barrel locks up tight using the OEM G34 frame and is very accurate. This barrel will give 10 shot ragged hole groups at 25 ft when installed in the factory G34 frame, so I know the barrel is accurate in the Glock G34 frame.

When using the LWD barrel in the LWD frame, the rear of the barrel moves up and down quite a bit more than when in the Glock frame and this is causing the vertical stringing I'm seeing with groups.

I think the issue or root cause is that the slide sits higher on the rails in the LWD frame when compared to the Glock OEM G34 frame. The gap between the slide and frame when using the G34 factory frame is very minimal. When the slide is installed on the LWD frame, the gap between frame and slide is at least double that of the factory frame. I think the frame rails are higher on the LWD frame and this causes the barrel to not lock up as tight at the rear of the barrel.

The accuracy windage-wise is spot on, very good, but the accuracy in elevation is not good. I see vertical stringing of over 1-1/2 to 2 inches at 25 feet. Very strange.

For the next range session, I will install the factory G34 barrel and see what results I get for this.

Last edited by juicespeare1; 08-01-2010 at 00:12..
juicespeare1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:06   #1156
WDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicespeare1 View Post
I think the issue or root cause is that the slide sits higher on the rails in the LWD frame when compared to the Glock OEM G34 frame. The gap between the slide and frame when using the G34 factory frame is very minimal. When the slide is installed on the LWD frame, the gap between frame and slide is at least double that of the factory frame. I think the frame rails are higher on the LWD frame and this causes the barrel to not lock up as tight at the rear of the barrel.

The accuracy windage-wise is spot on, very good, but the accuracy in elevation is not good. I see vertical stringing of over 1-1/2 to 2 inches at 25 feet. Very strange.

For the next range session, I will install the factory G34 barrel and see what results I get for this.

I was wondering if someone was going to have problems with the rails. My left rails sit higher than my right rails causing the slide to be tilted. They don't sit flat across from each other. I think that is why people had a tight slide. The ends of the rails are not solid....there is some metal flash left after the stamping. I believe that will eventually wear down. I hope the slide doesn't become too loose after it does.
With that said, I haven't had a accuracy issue. Same as my Glock.

Last edited by WDN; 08-01-2010 at 13:38..
WDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 16:39   #1157
juicespeare1

Yep, mine is higher on the left side too.
juicespeare1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 22:57   #1158
bel970

I popped in to see if I could add to my review, forgot to put in that rails are showing uneven wear. front right, left rear showing significantly more wear.

right rear rail is measuring .015 low frame to bottom of rail and .020 low top of rail to frame. haven't taken it to a slab and height gauge (and won't really get a chance any time soon) but that's what the calipers say and it explains the wear and possibly some of the problems I experienced. no accuracy problems, just feed and ejection with 9mm.

Last edited by bel970; 08-01-2010 at 23:00..
bel970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 23:51   #1159
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

While I still have yet to get out to shoot(grrrr), one thing of note. I picked up an Insight WX150. The 'lock bar' that the light comes installed with out of the box is too small for the forward groove of the Timberwolf's rail; it wobbles. The thicker bar that's included is too big; it won't lock onto the frame at all. It fits onto the Glock frame fine with the first lock bar.

Has anyone tried any other tac-lights on theirs?

Scratchy Wilson
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")

Last edited by MB-G26; 08-01-2010 at 23:53.. Reason: I'm on MB's pc
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 00:34   #1160
paulbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post
Has anyone tried any other tac-lights on theirs?
My Streamlight TLR-1 fits fine.
paulbow is offline   Reply With Quote