GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:45   #701
cmecha

Jr i am aware of this but unfortunately the way the law is if the gun ain't on the "list" it aint legal in MD. so please submit said paper work so i can have one from the proto release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
I think you missed the point? If the CCF qualifies, the Timberwolf will also qualify. This is a legal issue, precedence has already been set.

I would think all I need to do is submit the proper paperwork? Unfortunately all my current effort is aimed at releasing them.
cmecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:57   #702
hunt_ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmecha View Post
...please submit said paper work so i can have one from the proto release.
I doubt he's going to get the paperwork done before the release and I'm guessing 100 protos are going to go very quickly. Man, might be time to move to a free state...I feel for ya...
--On Lady Gaga
hunt_ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:59   #703
cmecha

honestly i love America but am starting to hate Americans. all this free speech is encroaching on my freedom to bear arms.
Old 05-03-2010, 13:30   #704
N.D.Glock23

Quote:
Jr i am aware of this but unfortunately the way the law is if the gun ain't on the "list" it aint legal in MD. so please submit said paper work so i can have one from the proto release.
I think JR' s tryin to tell ya {If the Grock is legal there}, and {the CCF FRAME REPLACEMENT is legal there}, then that means because of this apples to apples legal precedent; {The T.W. GROCK FRAME REPLACEMENT (ala CCF) will also be legal there} . . .
Old 05-03-2010, 13:58   #705
N.D.Glock23

WUUU SAAAAAA WUUU SAAAAAA *Slowly inhale/exhale*

Quote:
honestly i love America but am starting to hate Americans. all this free speech is encroaching on my freedom to bear arms.
DUDE!

GO Talk to a FFL dealer where you live {try 1 your familiar W} and ask them about ordering a frame replacement {like the CCF} for your legal Glock, only tell them it's a new replacement frame made by another CO. that is getting ready to hit the streets, and see what they say. . .

Hint:
I would not necessarily mention to them that you are trying to field test the proto-type or anything like that ; it sounds kinda scary to liberals and their flock of sheep.

Also not to be off sub.

But I would definitely be wanting to find a way to relocate to the most gun friendly state I could find . . .

Hint it's not here in Mi.!

*Day Dreaming, and Drooling*

SBR 's, Sub guns, Suppressors, Full auto, Gun racks in the P.U. Truck, Easy CC, Easy common place OC, Highly pro SD Laws, OH YEAH!

P.S.
I'm tryin' to find my way outta my state too, so don't feel bad.

N.D.
Old 05-03-2010, 14:08   #706
bel970

i wouldn't be surprised if CA DOJ wanted it dropped tested since it is considered the actual firearm. but then glock gave them the finger on that and they are still on the approved list.
bel970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 14:17   #707
cmecha

not exactly how it works. i talked to my FFL and he handed me a big stack of papers and said if the manufacturer is not on this list IE MD approved handgun list and you order it i cannot transfer it to you. if it aint on the list it is not legal. regardless of legal precedence or it being a frame replacement. doesn't mean it can't be placed on said list very easily due to ccf already being there but that has to be done by the manufacturer.
an excerpt from the People Republic of Maryland. 5-406. Manufacture or sale of handguns.

(a) Prohibitions.-

(1) Except as provided in 5-402 of this subtitle, a person may not manufacture for distribution or sale a handgun that is not included on the handgun roster in the State.

(2) A person may not sell or offer for sale in the State a handgun manufactured after January 1, 1985, that is not included on the handgun roster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.D.Glock23 View Post
DUDE!

GO Talk to a FFL dealer where you live {try 1 your familiar W} and ask them about ordering a frame replacement {like the CCF} for your legal Glock, only tell them it's a new replacement frame made by another CO. that is getting ready to hit the streets, and see what they say. . .

Hint:
I would not necessarily mention to them that you are trying to field test the proto-type or anything like that ; it sounds kinda scary to liberals and their flock of sheep.

Also not to be off sub.

But I would definitely be wanting to find a way to relocate to the most gun friendly state I could find . . .

Hint it's not here in Mi.!

*Day Dreaming, and Drooling*

SBR 's, Sub guns, Suppressors, Full auto, Gun racks in the P.U. Truck, Easy CC, Easy common place OC, Highly pro SD Laws, OH YEAH!

P.S.
I'm tryin' to find my way outta my state too, so don't feel bad.

N.D.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:23   #708
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
I have not looked into this yet. I will not be able to do so before releasing the first prototype (sorry).

Your quote from the State law pertains to new handguns.

The Timberwolf is a REPLACEMENT frame for an otherwise legal handgun manufactured prior to 1/1/85. I pretty much guarantee the State did not foresee Replacement issues. I am betting they did not write this into the law. This is the reason CCF got on the list. Their frame is not a new gun... It is a replacement frame for an otherwise legal gun.... And BTW, so is the Timberwolf.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:28   #709
cmecha

interesting. i am still interested in a proto and have a 2a member on my local gun board forwarding me info to get this frame on the list for MD. so i think it would be easy to do and if not will just sell it with out having it transferred to me.
If i go this route of initiating the legality of this replacement would i be able to contact you with questions regarding this if so asked by the approving person with in the MD state police?
Old 05-04-2010, 12:06   #710
rsm688

cmecha is right, it's not that his state does not allow replacement frames it's that they do not allow handguns to be brought in (and the lower is considered a gun since it is registered) unless they are on a list of approved guns. Therefore the timberwolf would have to be on that list for him to get it approved, JR might be right about the replacement and how CCF got on there but once again that is something you need to check with the ATF about and Lone Wolf would still have to submit some paperwork first before it was legal.

Cmecha, move down south we don't care what kinda guns you have, no waiting times or nothing, I can walk into a store and walk out with whatever pistol I want,

-spencer-
rsm688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:08   #711
cmecha

aw Spencer I wish it were that easy. the money is up north though.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:52   #712
JR
GT Sponsor

Anybody can contact me direct at jshepard@lonewolfdist.com
cmecha: If you have the time to attack this issue it would be GREAT! I am sure a little time will be required, I am more than happy to compensate. Remember, the issue must be attacked as a replacment frame.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:56   #713
cmecha

as i do want this to happen bad i will infact do what i can to get this passed so that other Marylanders can benefit. and indeed will be discussed and submitted as a replacement frame. thanks for the help JR i'll keep you posted on how this works through your email.
Joe
Quote:
Anybody can contact me direct at jshepard@lonewolfdist.com
cmecha: If you have the time to attack this issue it would be GREAT! I am sure a little time will be required, I am more than happy to compensate. Remember, the issue must be attacked as a replacment frame.
Old 05-04-2010, 13:43   #714
cmecha

Jr i have sent you an email. also is there any chance that you guys have an updated brochure that would include all necessary specifications with your frame? did not ask this on the email.
Old 05-04-2010, 13:59   #715
rsm688

Quote:
aw Spencer I wish it were that easy. the money is up north though.
you got that right, business is slow around here right now for just about everyone
rsm688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 14:01   #716
cmecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm688 View Post
you got that right, business is slow around here right now for just about everyone
considered moving to VA but i am hoping frederick county starts making head way to turn MD more republican.
Old 05-06-2010, 20:14   #717
ainokea

JR,

Just curious if there is any update on the time frame. Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 05-06-2010, 20:36   #718
JR
GT Sponsor

I am slated to receive the latest prototype sample Tuesday. We will shoot a few hundred rounds through it that evening. If we are satisfied with the performance I will have our machinist Jeff shoot another 3 or 400 rounds to further evaluate. If all is well (and I suspect it will be) I will post the order link on GT and you guys can get your order in. BTW: You will be limited to one frame, nobody should get greedy here. Be sure to follow the special instructions regarding FFL's or your order will get tossed.

I will not be able to finish testing this last prototype frame. Wednesday morning me and half the crew fly out for NRA show. We will return on the 19th. I hope to be shipping receivers at that time.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:41   #719
cmecha

Well with JR's approval, I have gotten a Sample of on of the Timberwolf frames last night and had a chance to play with it before i had to ship it to State Police barracks. this thing rocks. it appears to be made of a polymer that is very close if not exactly the same as glocks in feel and weight. the grip is far better than that on the stock Glock and appears that Lone Wolf has addressed many of the major concerns with the glock pistol. i tried both the curved backstrap and "1911" style and perfer the curved. as it fits the hand better. well thats about it. not going to post pics unless JR gives the OK. so don't ask. also this thing rocks.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:53   #720
hunt_ak

Quote:
Be sure to follow the special instructions regarding FFL's or your order will get tossed.
'Special' FFL instructions? Anything different than a regular firearms purchase on the web?
--On Lady Gaga
hunt_ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:57   #721
N.D.Glock23

Quote:
Well with JR's approval, I have gotten a Sample of on of the Timberwolf frames last night and had a chance to play with it before i had to ship it to State Police barracks. this thing rocks. it appears to be made of a polymer that is very close if not exactly the same as glocks in feel and weight. the grip is far better than that on the stock Glock and appears that Lone Wolf has addressed many of the major concerns with the glock pistol. i tried both the curved backstrap and "1911" style and perfer the curved. as it fits the hand better. well thats about it. not going to post pics unless JR gives the OK. so don't ask. also this thing rocks.
Thank you very much for the nut shell review, (I and every 1 else wish it could be more in depth and in person!)
We'll be waiting for those pics as soon as JR gives the go ahead on them . . .

N.D.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:03   #722
cmecha

well like i said JR says i can talk about it so ask any question i'll give an answer.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:29   #723
Goodspeed(TPF)

My finger is getting itchy.
Goodspeed(TPF) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 14:37   #724
cmecha

well i just got an email from JR and said i was good to post pics. so they will be up tonight
Old 05-07-2010, 17:39   #725
cmecha

Sponsor Showcase
Sponsor Showcase