Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-12-2010, 17:56   #501
Hackett

Send a message via AIM to Hackett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider_911 View Post
If there is a will, there is a way. I'm not asking for you, I'm asking for me.

I like parts that match as a complete weapon, as opposed to "lego building" in general (same way I don't buy multiple AR uppers for a single lower).

Thanks for your opinion anyway.
Sorry, I'm just a literal person most of the time. I can appreciate wanting the serial #'s to be close, but they can never match exactly. To me, that just doesn't seem to accomplish anything.

Though if your barrel and slide had ABC!2345 and your lower had ABC12345LW I guess that'd be cool.
Beretta Club Member #1, Tactical Shotgun Club #1884,
1911 Owners Group #1884 (pending), Sig Club #1884, Florida Glocker #1884, 21 Club #1884, GTDS Life Member
Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:36   #502
crosse
Caped Crusader

i'm bad at keeping up with this thread, but whenever i see a picture i stop to read the details. all i know is, i'm teetering on getting yet another glock grip reduced, but I would love (and love to be a guinea pig) to have a gun I can actually use for competition as a stock service pistol or production pistol vs. getting bumped to another classification just bc of a damned grip angle. JR knows how to keep us on our tippy toes.
crosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 19:39   #503
ainokea

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosse View Post
i'm bad at keeping up with this thread, but whenever i see a picture i stop to read the details. all i know is, i'm teetering on getting yet another glock grip reduced, but I would love (and love to be a guinea pig) to have a gun I can actually use for competition as a stock service pistol or production pistol vs. getting bumped to another classification just bc of a damned grip angle. JR knows how to keep us on our tippy toes.
Yup was going to get a Gen4 glock but i'd rather have this LWD replacement frame. Or get another grip reduction from Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
ainokea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:55   #504
scratchy wilson
Silver Membership

End of the month approaches! Any updates?
scratchy wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 14:52   #505
ainokea

Anxious to get a hold of one also. I told myself i was going to get the LWD frame first before a Gen4, didn't work. At least now i'll have a Gen4, Gen3, and hopefully the LWD frame to compare side by side.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 02-20-2010, 15:56   #506
crosse
Caped Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainokea View Post
Anxious to get a hold of one also. I told myself i was going to get the LWD frame first before a Gen4, didn't work. At least now i'll have a Gen4, Gen3, and hopefully the LWD frame to compare side by side.
i did pick up a gen 4 17 at the local GS. felt nice w/o any of the backstraps. but i'm still hoping that the lwd frame will be better.
Old 02-21-2010, 00:04   #507
ainokea

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosse View Post
i did pick up a gen 4 17 at the local GS. felt nice w/o any of the backstraps. but i'm still hoping that the lwd frame will be better.
The puyallup show? which vendor did you get it from? I'm going there tomorrow to check out the safes

Old 02-22-2010, 18:51   #508
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
Update:

We hit a small snag over the weekend. There will be a slight delay regarding the release of the new Timberwolf frames. This tool modification will take approximately 3 weeks to complete. It was a tough decision to pull the molds and yes the delay is disappointing however, the changes being made will result in a stronger frame and rail system.

I will be posting additional Timberwolf information on the LWD web site next week.

JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 18:53   #509
RFPhoto

looking forward to it. Thanx JR.
RFPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:50   #510
N.D.Glock23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFPhoto View Post
looking forward to it. Thanx JR.

Do what you think is best JR we'll all still be standing in a circle around the Christmas tree holding hands, fidgeting like little kids in church, on Christmas Eve awaiting Santa.

N.D.

Last edited by N.D.Glock23; 02-23-2010 at 10:51.. Reason: omission
N.D.Glock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:33   #511
SOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
Update:

We hit a small snag over the weekend. There will be a slight delay regarding the release of the new Timberwolf frames. This tool modification will take approximately 3 weeks to complete. It was a tough decision to pull the molds and yes the delay is disappointing however, the changes being made will result in a stronger frame and rail system.

I will be posting additional Timberwolf information on the LWD web site next week.
If I was told.

"I can send you a Timberwolf frame today, but if your willing to wait 3-4 weeks we will have a stronger frame and rail system."

I'd say no prob I'll wait.
SOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 13:47   #512
ainokea

Don't know if this has been asked and answered already but will the new frames fit regular glock holsters? I remember the G21sf ambi models with picatinny rail had a hard time finding holsters for them.

Old 02-23-2010, 14:53   #513
JR
GT Sponsor

The Timberwolf frame will fit std Glock holsters no problem

Old 02-23-2010, 18:29   #514
crosse
Caped Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOC View Post
If I was told.

"I can send you a Timberwolf frame today, but if your willing to wait 3-4 weeks we will have a stronger frame and rail system."

I'd say no prob I'll wait.
but i wonder if i'll be able to have a frame 3-4 weeks or if they'll be backlogged with hundreds of orders so its more like 3-4 months before i get one. :-\
Old 02-23-2010, 19:01   #515
JR
GT Sponsor

The first run of Timberwolf frames will be offered here, exclusive to GT members who are actively reading this thread. These special frames are available to the guys that have stuck with this project and want to participate in the Prototype trial. The collector serial numbered frames will start with the prefix PROTO and limited to 100 pcs. Once we receive the feed back forms regarding performance the general production run will commence.

Old 02-23-2010, 20:58   #516
N.D.Glock23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr View Post
the first run of timberwolf frames will be offered here, exclusive to gt members who are actively reading this thread. These special frames are available to the guys that have stuck with this project and want to participate in the prototype trial. The collector serial numbered frames will start with the prefix proto and limited to 100 pcs. Once we receive the feed back forms regarding performance the general production run will commence.

Cool JR!!!

N.D.

Last edited by N.D.Glock23; 02-23-2010 at 20:59.. Reason: CAPS
N.D.Glock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 21:00   #517
raph84

Has a solid price been set yet? (sorry if this was already answered I have been a bit lax in reading this thread)
raph84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 21:27   #518
furioso2112

MAN! I am buzzing with anticipation. Collector's serial numbers? It just keeps getting better. I'm going to go rub my ammo pile for good luck.
Old 02-23-2010, 21:56   #519
ndhill
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

J.R. Thanks for keeping us all updated! I'm fairly new here, but check back in this thread often to find out when this will be out! I know I'm probably not on the proto list, but I'm excited anyway! Thanks again!
ndhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 22:01   #520
oef24

JR,

I too can't wait until you guys get the Timberwolf out to the masses. It has been a long time coming but I am sure we can all agree that it is better to get it right the first time around. Keep us posted and thanks again!

O
oef24 is offline   Reply With Quote