SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-13-2015, 20:10   #1
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member

Got pulled over by a Jack Booted thug on a motorcycle ...

Had a bad yet relieving day at the hospital with mom.

Was coasting down the hill with a dog in the back seat of the car, saw the lights go on, he did a U-Turn.

Pulled into a parking lot, and as the cop was walking up to the car, he paused and asked from a distance if that dog bites.

I replied only bad guys when I command him to, and you are not a bad guy so you are safe.

He asked for license and registration, I provided it, he stated he pulled me over because I was going down a hill doing 52 in a 40.

Went back to his bike, did the check thingy, came back, and handed me a warning with my license and registration.

As he handed me the warning, the dog made a sudden movement, and licked me on the cheek. He complemented me on on how well behaved the dog was, and told me to drive safely, got on his bike and pulled away.

Did I do it wrong? Should I have opened the door of the car and bolted on foot? That is what the people on my TV do.

The warning stated it was from stationary radar, and he was traveling southbound as I was traveling north bound. Is that a valid warning?

He didn't have a hat or his helmet on, nor was he wearing sunglasses and I could see his eyes.

Should I have requested a supervisor?

Thanks for critiquing what I did wrong, I appreciate your help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
daily to give food for animals in a shelter or sanctuary...for FREE
itisbruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 20:28   #2
ateamer
NRA4EVR

You should have bought a lottery ticket. Pulled over by motors and only got a warning, that's your lucky day.
Know-it-all
ateamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 20:34   #3
mj9mm

sounds like the dog was the key to you being given a "warning". by the pooch a nice steak
Old 04-13-2015, 20:52   #4
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamer View Post
You should have bought a lottery ticket. Pulled over by motors and only got a warning, that's your lucky day.

No kidding. I thought the same thing.
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
txleapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 21:13   #5
Bruce M

There were probably three warnings today nationwide by motormen. At least one of them was because he ran completely out of citations. I agree you got lucky.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.

Last edited by Bruce M; 04-13-2015 at 21:13..
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 21:18   #6
wjv

Piker.....

You should have rolled your windows up and yelled: "I am a Sovereign Citizen and do not recognize your authority over me!!"

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.
- H. L. Mencken -
wjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 21:46   #7
WT

He took his helmet off and placed it on the right mirror stalk. He was getting ready for a gunfight. The helmet is too big of a target and is not bullet resistant. It also hinders some fighting techniques.

IF need be he could drop behind the motor, scrunch down into a prone firing position, and shoot underneath the motor.

Obviously the motor officer was not blood thirsty at that time so you got away with all your body parts and only a warning. Kudos to you.

Last edited by WT; 04-14-2015 at 07:40.. Reason: spelling
WT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 21:56   #8
Sharkey

Should have asked if he had probably cause to even give you that warning. I guess you could have said I'm white, why you stopping me.
Old 04-13-2015, 21:58   #9
Vigilant

You should have just greeted him cordially and said, "What's up, peckahead?".
Old 04-13-2015, 22:15   #10
rock_castle

Nothing to see here. Move along.
rock_castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 22:21   #11
janice6

Or....................He might have been a good guy and thought you were too................Maybe.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 22:57   #12
davidrayt

Always thank them for not shooting you. Well, at least when they don't shoot you. If they shoot you, you don't need to thank them.
Old 04-13-2015, 22:57   #13
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Southern Rogue.

You talked to the police.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:19   #14
s&wfan

You forgot to tell him that you were a traveler, not a driver.
s&wfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:27   #15
mj9mm

does it mean I am a bad person to be laughing at this topic?
Old 04-14-2015, 07:26   #16
9jeeps

I would say "Lucky", We had a short Motor in Shoreline, WA.... He was not a friendly guy.

In twenty years of living there he got us both, once, five miles over the limit. I think he hated every one over five foot six.

We are in our seventies and this is the only ticket my wife ever has gotten. And It was written up on our drive way more than 15 blocks from where he said the violation was...

Then he nailed me for 25 in a 20 in a school zone that was closed for Happy Holidays break or whatever they call it these days. This was a 35 zone when school was not in session. Two years after my wife's ticket.

Oh yes, We were and he was polite.... But you could tell he had some issues because every one we knew also knew of him and had some nasty names for him. I think he may have been a King Co. Motor. And he never removed his helmet... never!

Last edited by 9jeeps; 04-14-2015 at 07:37..
9jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:07   #17
knoxvegasdaddy
UBER VOL !!!

you forgot to ask him "am I being detained or am I free to go?"

You're supposed to ask that about 6 times. Loudly.

Counting on someone else's self restraint for your safety is not a strategy. - OLY-M4gery
knoxvegasdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:33   #18
OriginalFinn

Should have immediately exited the vehicle and started quickly walking towards the officer, they really like that because it's showing your eagerness to meet the officer half way and shows that you care for his/her well being in the sense of having to walk further than is necessary. Also, speak in a loud tone because of other traffic noises make it hard for the officer to hear your greetings and concerns.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:42   #19
x_out86

You went wrong by taking the warning. You should have told him that you are not subject to maritime law and don't wish to create joinder with him.

You also should have demanded to see the radar unit, and if he refused you should have threatened to file a complaint.

Oh, you also forgot to place your license, registration and insurance card in a baggie and hang that out the window along with a note that said "I make no statements, I want an attorney, I consent to no searches".

You'll do better next time.
I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker.

Last edited by x_out86; 04-14-2015 at 09:42..
x_out86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:45   #20
RedRunnerGTS
Jeep

Send a message via AIM to RedRunnerGTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by itisbruno View Post
Had a bad yet relieving day at the hospital with mom.

Was coasting down the hill with a dog in the back seat of the car, saw the lights go on, he did a U-Turn.

Pulled into a parking lot, and as the cop was walking up to the car, he paused and asked from a distance if that dog bites.

I replied only bad guys when I command him to, and you are not a bad guy so you are safe.

He asked for license and registration, I provided it, he stated he pulled me over because I was going down a hill doing 52 in a 40.

Went back to his bike, did the check thingy, came back, and handed me a warning with my license and registration.

As he handed me the warning, the dog made a sudden movement, and licked me on the cheek. He complemented me on on how well behaved the dog was, and told me to drive safely, got on his bike and pulled away.

Did I do it wrong? Should I have opened the door of the car and bolted on foot? That is what the people on my TV do.

The warning stated it was from stationary radar, and he was traveling southbound as I was traveling north bound. Is that a valid warning?

He didn't have a hat or his helmet on, nor was he wearing sunglasses and I could see his eyes.

Should I have requested a supervisor?

Thanks for critiquing what I did wrong, I appreciate your help.
Did you tell him he had no authority because you were "traveling" and not driving?
Niner's Club Member #2007
Walther Club Member #49
Black Rifle Club Member #556223
RedRunnerGTS is offline   Reply With Quote