SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:27   #1
mac66
Plant the seed

Black Aces shotgun receiver kit

Anyone see this....basically a shotgun receiver/conversion that accepts Saiga mags.

http://www.reapercamo.com/receiver_k...m_medium=email

Not such a great deal at $450 but looks like a steal at $99

Since I have a $50 beater Mossy 500, I am tempted to pick one these kits up. Could resell the current receiver and sell the other parts on Ebay to recoup the cost. I already have a Saiga and a bunch of mags and drums

I've been informed that one could make a 14" barrel "firearm" out of one of these

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by mac66; 11-08-2014 at 20:56..
mac66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 15:21   #2
mac66
Plant the seed

Ok, so not one person has seen one of these or has an opinion?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by mac66; 11-09-2014 at 15:22..
Old 11-15-2014, 21:29   #3
cdog533
Zombie Killer

I looked all over for any actual tests or reviews and couldn't find any.
Old 11-18-2014, 15:02   #4
mac66
Plant the seed

Just heard back from the head guy at Black Aces Tactical that their short barrel, mag fed, smooth bore "firearm" was approved by ATF with a Sig Brace. That means it is neither a short barrel shotgun (SBS) or an Any Other Weapon (AOW) i.e., no permits, tax stamps needed. They are starting production of 8.5"bb version and he sent me a photo of the prototype. And no, I have nothing to do with this company, but I did just buy one of their receivers.

Tactical Shotguns

Because it is mag fed and not tube fed you can make the slide tube just long enough to cycle the action, as long as you keep the OAL by adding length onto the receiver end i.e, buffer tube/Sig Brace

Last edited by mac66; 11-18-2014 at 20:34..
Old 11-22-2014, 15:29   #5
mac66
Plant the seed

My Black Aces (BA) receivers came in this week. Picked them up when I got home from deer hunting on Wed. Put one together from parts from a donor shotgun this morning.

The receiver comes with a bolt, carrier, mag release, and extended firing pin. It is about an inch longer than a stock Mossberg 500 receiver. You need to pull the firing pin and bolt block out of the stock bolt and install them into the BA bolt.

Because you aren't using the tube mag you do not need the shell stops, lifter, mag spring or follower.

You do need the mag tube, barrel, slide/grip, trigger group/cross pin, and ejector.

As noted earlier at least one of these is intended to be built as a short barrel, smooth bore firearm that is just over 26" OAL so that no SBS or AOW registration is necessary. My intent is to have one with a Shockwave Birdshead grip and 14" bbl and the other one possibly will have a shorter bbl (probably 9 or 10") with a buffer tube and Sig Brace on it to bring the OAL back up to 26". All of those things are on order.

They had three colors, black, green and gold. I ordered the black and green. Somehow got a gold one instead of a green one. Oh well. Shown with an 18" bbl off my other Mossberg but am looking for another cheap barrel to cut down.

Shown with a stock 5 round Saiga mag, but my 10 rounders will fit and hand cycle shells. The drum will seat though I can't get them to hand cycle shells through it yet.

Tactical Shotguns

Old 11-22-2014, 16:34   #6
Silverhawk500

http://www.shootingsportsretailer.co...the-sig-brace/ Here is a link about Black aces guns/receivers? ATF's ruling , which is NO. Unfortunately they are using "words" that may or may not be correct ( Handgun VS Pistol ). They do not show the "weapon" submitted to ATF. Be Safe,
Old 11-22-2014, 21:06   #7
mac66
Plant the seed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverhawk500 View Post
http://www.shootingsportsretailer.co...the-sig-brace/ Here is a link about Black aces guns/receivers? ATF's ruling , which is NO. Unfortunately they are using "words" that may or may not be correct ( Handgun VS Pistol ). They do not show the "weapon" submitted to ATF. Be Safe,
The weapon submitted is shown a couple posts up. It is a 8.5" slide action smooth bore "firearm" with a Sig Brace with a side grip pump handle on the front. It is over 26" and therefore not a SBS or AOW. You may have misread the ruling. ATF says it is good to go as is, just don't shoot it from the shoulder.

Go to this thread for more specifics as to what letter actually says....

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthre...1551018&page=2

Last edited by mac66; 11-22-2014 at 21:13..