Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-21-2014, 17:39   #1
Dave514

00 Buck Reduced Recoil?

I purchased an 80count box like this and later noticed "reduced recoil" on the boxes. Should I be concerned of any feed issues in my Benelli M1 due to the reduced recoil?

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-885
I will not attack your doctrines nor your creeds if they accord liberty to me. If they hold thought to be dangerous - if they aver that doubt is a crime, then I attack them one and all, because they enslave the minds of men."
Robert Ingersoll
Dave514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:16   #2
ronin.45

My M1 shoots everything including bulk low brass bird shot. I only buy low recoil buckshot and slugs. Whether I'm using them for a match or HD they have plenty of power without too much punishment.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:45   #3
Dave514

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin.45 View Post
My M1 shoots everything including bulk low brass bird shot. I only buy low recoil buckshot and slugs. Whether I'm using them for a match or HD they have plenty of power without too much punishment.

Awesome. I went from being happy to worried real quick. My M1 is smooth as butter but the words "reduced recoil" started to make my good price not look so good.
I will not attack your doctrines nor your creeds if they accord liberty to me. If they hold thought to be dangerous - if they aver that doubt is a crime, then I attack them one and all, because they enslave the minds of men."
Robert Ingersoll
Old 10-24-2014, 21:11   #4
bsg1

i do suggest you test the load before counting on it for defensive purpose, as you would with any ammo/gun combination.

Last edited by bsg1; 10-24-2014 at 21:32..
bsg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 19:20   #5
Z71bill

I bought my wife a 20 gauge semi auto - it never failed to function - no matter what cheap ammo she used - even Walmart bulk pack Winchester bird shot.

Midway was selling 20 gauge Federal reduced recoil #4 buckshot - BIG sale - normally $8 per 5 rounds - $3.49 a box -

I bought 10 boxes -

I tested 2 boxes - they functioned fine - next range trip after shooting a couple boxes of bird shot at clays - I decided to pattern the RR Federal -

JAM JAM JAM

With a 100% clean gun -- no problem - but after 50 rounds the RR stuff would not feed.

I went back to WM bird shot and the gun functioned fine - so I gave the RR stuff a second try -

JAM JAM JAM

I blasted a few more boxes with a 100% clean gun and only had a few failures to feed - but it was enough to make me not trust the RR loads.

I still have 2 boxes left - figure I will use them in my single shot 20 gauge after the SHTF.

I also have 50 or so rounds of 12 gauge RR buckshot and slugs - which I will now only be using in a pump action gun.

I think if my wife or I am ever in a real SD situation a little extra recoil VS a JAM is a trade I will take.

YMMV..

Last edited by Z71bill; 10-27-2014 at 19:22..
Z71bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:13   #6
bsg1

^^^ Z71bill's point is well taken; one box of ammo does not a function test make. every shotgun is it's own entity and must be function checked, and function checked with ammo that will be run through it.
bsg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:33   #7
Dave514

Thanks guys. I'll run it up dirty and see how they perform.
Robert Ingersoll