Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:55   #1
John Rambo
Raven

About that death penalty

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-10192756.html

Quote:
It was the moment that a man who spent more than 30 years on death row for a crime he did not commit came face to face with the person who put him there. It was not easy, for either of them.

“I want you to know that I am very sorry,” prosecutor Marty Stroud told Glenn Ford after he walked into his Louisiana home and shook his hand.
I know several of you have said to me, over the years, that you're fine with the death penalty possibly being applied to innocents. Doesn't really phase you. And most of you would like to see people on death row put to death almost immediately to save a few bucks on housing costs.

This thread is dedicated to all of you.

Last edited by John Rambo; 04-22-2015 at 12:55..
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 13:06   #2
JBnTX
Texas

Typical liberal tactic of taking an extreme exception and presenting as the norm.

This one case is very unfortunate, but it is NOT a common occurrence, and it is dishonest to use it as an argument against the death penalty.

I'm all for the death penalty. Fry the bastards.

Last edited by JBnTX; 04-22-2015 at 13:08..
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 13:08   #3
John Rambo
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Typical liberal tactic of taking an extreme exception and presenting as the norm.

This one case is very unfortunate, but is NOT a common occurrence, and it's dishonest to use it as an argument against the death penalty.

Come out and say it. Hell, write this guy a letter and say it. Say they shoulda fried him. C'mon, you're crazy/ballsy enough to come out and back up your positions. I've always credited you with that.
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 13:26   #4
Bren
NRA Life Member

You realize Glenn Ford was denied compensation for his time in prison, after being released from death row, because he was involved in the robberies and murders, right? It just turns out there isn't enough evidence, 30 years down to road, to re-try him for the murder itslef.

Quote:
Caddo Parish District Judge Katherine Dorroh on Friday denied Ford compensation, saying that while Ford did not commit the murder that led to his wrongful imprisonment, he was "proven to be guilty of lesser crimes and was not an innocent man."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6972158.html
Turns out, he at least knew in advance about the robbery and murder plan and participated after the fact in fencing the stolen jewelery and getting rid of the murder weapon. Turns out he just wasn't the trigger man, as identified.

The fact that he had both the gun and property taken from the robbery also explains how he ended up on death row and why there is some room to doubt how "actually innocent" he really is.

Last edited by Bren; 04-22-2015 at 13:27..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 13:29   #5
CAcop

Sounds like classic felony murder rule.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 14:01   #6
JBnTX
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
Come out and say it. Hell, write this guy a letter and say it. Say they shoulda fried him. C'mon, you're crazy/ballsy enough to come out and back up your positions. I've always credited you with that.
This guys case has no bearing on whether or not the death penalty should be legal. Can we keep the discussion about the death penalty and not about him?
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 21:25   #7
Tacoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
You realize Glenn Ford was denied compensation for his time in prison, after being released from death row, because he was involved in the robberies and murders, right? It just turns out there isn't enough evidence, 30 years down to road, to re-try him for the murder itslef.

Turns out, he at least knew in advance about the robbery and murder plan and participated after the fact in fencing the stolen jewelery and getting rid of the murder weapon. Turns out he just wasn't the trigger man, as identified.

The fact that he had both the gun and property taken from the robbery also explains how he ended up on death row and why there is some room to doubt how "actually innocent" he really is.
"Facts & Logic" makes no difference to liberals like the op, and if you have paid any attention to his abrasive, knee jerk posting, you'd know not to expect anything else from him!
Tacoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 21:32   #8
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

3:10 To Yuma was Glenn Ford's best.
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:30   #9
cajun_chooter

prison owners oppose the death penalty... heck they make billions housing the lowest forms of humanity ... while the tax payers foot the bill... I say.. HANG THEM.. NOT IN 20 YEARS... MORE LIKE 20 DAYS !!!
cajun_chooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 16:15   #10
SCmasterblaster

I liked GF.
Old 04-23-2015, 16:49   #11
Dontgetdead

Send a message via AIM to Dontgetdead
"Iím from Texas. In Texas we have the death penalty. And we USE it.

Thatís right, if you come to Texas and kill somebody, we will kill you back. Thatís our policy.

Theyíre trying to pass a bill right now through the Texas Legislature that will speed up the process of execution in heinous crimes where thereís more than three credible eye witnesses.

If more than three people saw you do what you did, you donít sit on death row for 15 years, Jack, you go straight to the front of the line.

Other states are trying to abolish the death penalty Ö my stateís puttiní in an express lane."

Quote Ron White. God bless Texas.
Dontgetdead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 17:35   #12
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
3:10 To Yuma was Glenn Ford's best.

Never saw the original, but I was a fan of Cade's County as a kid. Also liked him in Midway, and The Sacketts.
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 14:40   #13
SCmasterblaster

Quote:

I know several of you have said to me, over the years, that you're fine with the death penalty possibly being applied to innocents. Doesn't really phase you. And most of you would like to see people on death row put to death almost immediately to save a few bucks on housing costs.

Mistakes happen, even with a most carefully-applied system of justice.
Old 04-26-2015, 14:45   #14
Atomic Punk

Technology and evidence gathering has changed a lot in the last 30 years. I think the already low false positive rate will go way down.
Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 14:51   #15
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post

This one case is very unfortunate, but it is NOT a common occurrence, and it is dishonest to use it as an argument against the death penalty.

Don't you claim to be "Pro-Life"?
- Unknown
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 14:52   #16
TK-421

Quote:

Okay, that's one case. Outweighed by how many people on death row who definitely committed the crime they're in prison for?
- Unknown
Old 04-26-2015, 14:59   #17
fortyofforty

Hey, Rambo, are you in favor of the President ordering the execution of American citizens without the benefit of a fair trial? How about unnamed government workers executing them, supposedly without the President approving of it?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
to save animals! Gun Rights are Civil Rights.
fortyofforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 15:04   #18
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Hey everybody, send all your death row inmates over to John Rambo's house. He's offering to house them gratis.

Regards,
Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 15:09   #19
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Don't you claim to be "Pro-Life"?
That is a truly dorky post.

Being against murdering innocent children in the womb is not the same as being OK with executing violent murderers.

Regards,
Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 15:13   #20
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
That is a truly dorky post.

Being against murdering innocent children in the womb is not the same as being OK with executing violent murderers.

Regards,
Happyguy
Oh I agree there's a difference between being Pro-Birth and Pro-Life, but I'm pretty sure he claims he's Pro-Life, not Pro-Birth.
- Unknown