Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:38   #1
Tiro Fijo

Who's the GOP Candidate?

Instead of a long drawn out BS campaign with candidates slaughtering each other we need ONE person to get behind and support. I have eliminated almost all potential candidates because they all have BS RINO solutions to the Illegal problem that contain thinly veiled amnesty. That includes Kasich, Pence, Rubio & Rand Paul. Christie? No way.

Is Ted Cruz the only real viable Conservative contender there is? I like him a lot, however I am not sure that he is electable. Then again, who is?
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:37   #2
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

He's my choice

The enemedia is going to torpedo whoever we pick ... So F* 'em ...

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:59   #3
Bren
NRA Life Member

I'm favoring Rand Paul. Last time we elected a Kentuckian (or two) we had a civil war and it's about time for another one.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:14   #4
IvanVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
I'm favoring Rand Paul. Last time we elected a Kentuckian (or two) we had a civil war and it's about time for another one.
I like most of what Rand Paul has to say, and he could definitely get a lot of the young vote, something republicans definitely need if they want to be a part of the future. Your comment about civil war is asinine.

Last edited by IvanVic; 07-17-2014 at 05:14..
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:33   #5
callihan_44
INFIDEL

CRUZ, RAND P. , anyone over a moderate democrat like christie
callihan_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:11   #6
Jindra12
My English=BAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Ted Cruz is unelectable.

Rand Paul is electable.
Jindra12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:15   #7
SJ 40

Cruz ! SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:37   #8
robhic
Platinum Membership
WOLVERINE!!!!

Dr. Ben Carson polls high, but I don't know how I feel about him, yet.

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
robhic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:01   #9
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

He's a little off in the 2a.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:43   #10
JBnTX
JB in Tx

1. Rand Paul
2. Ben Carson

No on Ted Cruz.

No way in hell would I ever support that fat ass quasi-liberal from New Jersey.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:00   #11
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirgi08 View Post
He's a little off in the 2a.'08.
I honestly think he's "seen the light" at this point. Should he have known better from the get-go? Perhaps... Ideally, all of us would have been blessed with respect for the 2A at birth.

But better late than never, I feel. And Dr. Carson seems like the sort of thoughtful and contemplative person who is willing to grow on a daily basis.

Just my .02.

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:15   #12
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

D,I'm more than willing ta give the benefit of the doubt.I honestly don't think he'll run,why would a renowned Doc jump inta this mess.'08.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:28   #13
JFrame

Quote:
D,I'm more than willing ta give the benefit of the doubt.I honestly don't think he'll run,why would a renowned Doc jump inta this mess.'08.
Yeah -- it's an unusual circumstance, to say the least.

Maybe the guy actually has a sense of civic responsibility, and thinks he might be able to do something about some of the mess we're in?

Okay, I'm having a hard time not laughing about that myself... But hey -- it's been known to happen! (...at least, a couple of hundred years ago... )

--
Old 07-17-2014, 09:34   #14
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
Yeah -- it's an unusual circumstance, to say the least.

Maybe the guy actually has a sense of civic responsibility, and thinks he might be able to do something about some of the mess we're in?

Okay, I'm having a hard time not laughing about that myself... But hey -- it's been known to happen! (...at least, a couple of hundred years ago... )

My point exactly,why.I think a cabinet spot or maybe a rep/senate run ta at least get his feet wet.'08.

I didn't use the at least

Old 07-17-2014, 09:42   #15
JFrame

Quote:
My point exactly,why.I think a cabinet spot or maybe a rep/senate run ta at least get his feet wet.'08.

I didn't use the at least

The only thing is, politics have been pretty much turned on its ear with the last couple of election cycles. Perhaps people will want to return to a more traditional vetting of candidates (for all the good THAT has done...). That's one possibility...

On the other hand -- we have a prez with about 3 months of senatorial experience, TONS of "community organizer" experience, and who was mentored by a succession of communist radicals and terrorists. So the bar has already been set for just about anybody to become president. All it takes is one good speech.

Carson already has the good speech under his belt. MAYBE if enough people have just "had enough," and want someone TOTALLY apart from the Washington cesspool -- then someone like Carson might actually make sense.

A long shot? To be sure...

But at this point, I've come to the conclusion that just about anything can happen...

--
Old 07-17-2014, 09:50   #16
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
When asked by Glenn Beck if people should be allowed to own semi-automatic weapons, Dr. Benjamin Carson said: It depends on where you live. I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and Im afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it. (Glenn Beck Show, March 1, 2013)
Nope.

Quote:
Immigration may not have been "the paramount issue" in Eric Cantor's crushing primary loss, Sen. Rand Paul said Wednesday. The Kentucky Republican, on a conference call with reporters, added that he's still in favor of immigration reform and partly blamed Republican gridlock over the issue to a misunderstanding over the word "amnesty." "We've been somewhat trapped by rhetoric and words, and amnesty's a word that has kind of trapped us," he said, adding that some people think it means giving undocumented immigrants a right to vote, while others say it means allowing them to obtain legal status without a penalty. Others, he added, think it simply means not deporting those who came to the United States illegally. "We're trapped in a word that means different things to different people," he said.
Nope.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:57   #17
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
Nope.

Nope.
In regard to that 2013 statement, I would just say that Dr. Carson has backtracked considerably. He is on record as now stating that he believes the primary reason for the 2A is to resist government tyranny, both foreign and domestic.

--
Old 07-17-2014, 10:16   #18
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
In regard to that 2013 statement, I would just say that Dr. Carson has backtracked considerably. He is on record as now stating that he believes the primary reason for the 2A is to resist government tyranny, both foreign and domestic.

Backtracking = his political handlers scrambling and not that he has changed his POV.

I like him as a person, but as a political candidate he is not what we need.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:27   #19
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Quote:

The only thing is, politics have been pretty much turned on its ear with the last couple of election cycles. Perhaps people will want to return to a more traditional vetting of candidates (for all the good THAT has done...). That's one possibility...

I hate doing this,the process has been subverted.As soon as Santa took office there was a paradigm shift.

On the other hand -- we have a prez with about 3 months of senatorial experience, TONS of "community organizer" experience, and who was mentored by a succession of communist radicals and terrorists. So the bar has already been set for just about anybody to become president. All it takes is one good speech.

Disagree,he's being given his marching orders by his "staff",the Ideology was ingrained a long time ago.His "staff" is just trying ta focus it into their collective goals.

Carson already has the good speech under his belt. MAYBE if enough people have just "had enough," and want someone TOTALLY apart from the Washington cesspool -- then someone like Carson might actually make sense.

Carson does make some sense ta me,just not potus or vp.He needs experience,not a 3mth crash course of "present".

A long shot? To be sure...

But at this point, I've come to the conclusion that just about anything can happen...

D,there are folk out there that are capable,Col West comes ta mind.We got some time,I was a Jindal fan.'08.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:31   #20
JFrame

Quote:
D,there are folk out there that are capable,Col West comes ta mind.We got some time,I was a Jindal fan.'08.
Oh, I'm not committing to anyone at this time -- just raising discussion.

Heck -- no one except the hard-core leftists thought Obama had a chance until maybe a year before the 2008 general election.

--