Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2014, 15:26   #1
Glocksanity
Senior Member
 
Glocksanity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles, Man, Los Angeles
Posts: 2,472
Glock 41 time...The clock is ticking in CA

So I stopped by my local gun shop to do little work on my AR-15 and started talking about getting the Glock 41.

So, in California, there is still a Single Shot Exemption modification loophole that will end this year. California will probably never approve the new Glocks and with the expiration of the SSE, the time to get a new 41 is now!

Really want to pull the trigger on this purchase. The 41 seems like a great gun. I have the 21 and 30 and this would really keep them company.

Somebody talk me into this please...
__________________
G21~G26~G30~G34

Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis!
Glocksanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 15:43   #2
Queen Bee
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 304
Why not go on gunbroker and buy a 41 slide, and use the 200$ saved for ammo or something else?
Queen Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 15:47   #3
Glocksanity
Senior Member
 
Glocksanity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles, Man, Los Angeles
Posts: 2,472
I hear you, but getting a new gun is more fun.
__________________
G21~G26~G30~G34

Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis!
Glocksanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 15:48   #4
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 94,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Bee View Post
Why not go on gunbroker and buy a 41 slide, and use the 200$ saved for ammo or something else?
That is never as fun as buying a new gun. Besides that, the G41 is a gen 4.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 16:02   #5
Glocksanity
Senior Member
 
Glocksanity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles, Man, Los Angeles
Posts: 2,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
That is never as fun as buying a new gun. Besides that, the G41 is a gen 4.
Yeah, I have four Gen 3's and feel like I am missing out on all the new features and benefits of the Gen 4's.
__________________
G21~G26~G30~G34

Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis!
Glocksanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 21:50   #6
Chop Suey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 67
Only one range trip and 150 rounds so far but I am really liking the 41.

Mine has 4.5ib. connector and adjustable rear sight.(I think the Blue label ones do not have these features?)

Feels good in hand and shoots very controllably. Not harsh.

Muzzle end of that long slide(long sight radius) is nicely contoured. Looks cool.

Holds lots of 45acp rounds.

You can hang a light on it.

It's a Glock!

Time's running out! Get moving!

Hope this helps

Last edited by Chop Suey; 11-21-2014 at 21:53..
Chop Suey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 13:43   #7
Glocksanity
Senior Member
 
Glocksanity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles, Man, Los Angeles
Posts: 2,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop Suey View Post
Only one range trip and 150 rounds so far but I am really liking the 41.

Mine has 4.5ib. connector and adjustable rear sight.(I think the Blue label ones do not have these features?)

Feels good in hand and shoots very controllably. Not harsh.

Muzzle end of that long slide(long sight radius) is nicely contoured. Looks cool.

Holds lots of 45acp rounds.

You can hang a light on it.

It's a Glock!

Time's running out! Get moving!

Hope this helps
Thanks Chop! That's what I was looking for.
__________________
G21~G26~G30~G34

Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis!
Glocksanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 15:38   #8
Chop Suey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 67
My pleasure,sir.

My 41 lives beside my bed(36 on my belt). I'm not sure which light to put on it but will have one asap.

Taking the 41 to shoot some steel plates my neighbor(a welder) hung up where he lets me shoot.

My ammo supply has taken a hit since I got it. 3 mags+1 in the chamber is 40 rounds. Man,it goes quick.

Don't forget you get,at no extra charge,the teeny tiny Glock sight adjuster screw driver. Get out your magnifying glass to see the big "G" lock insignia on the end of that microscopic little thing.

You'll never own a 41 any younger.

Tic toc...

Last edited by Chop Suey; 11-24-2014 at 15:43..
Chop Suey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:42   #9
sammyh312
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SE Texas
Posts: 81
Awesome pistol!! I hadnt even heard of this model when I saw it in the case a month or two ago. As i was in uniform at the time, I was surprised when it slid right into my G17/22 Serpa holster and locked!! I knew I had to have it then, and a week later me and a couple other cops qualified with it. Every one of us commented on the ease in shooting one hole groups. Theyve got a winner in this one!!
sammyh312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 09:08   #10
20South
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: East of CBUS
Posts: 2,162
I really like mine. I wasn't even in the market for it, but fell into a deal I couldn't pass up. Points really nice. I do not have a 21, but it feels better balanced then my 20. I am fond of the long(er) slides however, so I am biased. Plus, your other glocks need a taller sibling.
__________________
"You should never under estimate the predictability of stupidity" - Bullet Tooth Tony
20South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 09:29   #11
Chop Suey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 67
The trigger on my 41 is smooth-faced as opposed to the ribbed style on my other Glocks.

I like that.
Chop Suey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 10:28   #12
GoBigOrange
Senior Member
 
GoBigOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Orlando(missing Tennessee)
Posts: 1,929
Wait, you can only get a G41 if it's a single shot? How is that even possible?

Does it just not come with a magazine?
__________________
Quote:
Some people's lives are just a perpetual series of slow motion train wrecks. All you can do is try to stay clear of the debris fields.
GoBigOrange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 13:27   #13
Dave T
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Mesa,Arizona,USA
Posts: 2,735
To the OP, I would encourage you to either buy the 41 or move out of CA. On second thought, buy the 41 and move too! (smile)

Dave
__________________
RSVN '69-71'
PCSD Retired
Dave T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 19:47   #14
Batts
Senior Member
 
Batts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
Wait, you can only get a G41 if it's a single shot? How is that even possible?

Does it just not come with a magazine?
When I got mine, they had 'installed' a 9inch barrel insert that fit the 41 barrel snugly and had been itself chambered for 25acp.

This allows you to fire 25acp w/ the factory trigger/striker and will only fire one at a time.

For a 'small' fee, I walked outside w/ the whole purchase, looked up for the sattelites, and then went back inside and had them 'remove' the SSE barrel 'for free' and then left again, w/ my now 'modified' G41.

My paperwoirk shows it to be a 25acp single shot G41.

Someday I will wash it through a pawnshop and get it back to 45acp.

Someday I will leave Kommiefornia to the commies.

Nice weather here though.

Batts
__________________
"Slowly I turned, step by step, inch by inch ..."

Last edited by Batts; 11-25-2014 at 19:48..
Batts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 20:51   #15
OXMYX
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batts View Post
When I got mine, they had 'installed' a 9inch barrel insert that fit the 41 barrel snugly and had been itself chambered for 25acp.

This allows you to fire 25acp w/ the factory trigger/striker and will only fire one at a time.

For a 'small' fee, I walked outside w/ the whole purchase, looked up for the sattelites, and then went back inside and had them 'remove' the SSE barrel 'for free' and then left again, w/ my now 'modified' G41.

My paperwoirk shows it to be a 25acp single shot G41.

Someday I will wash it through a pawnshop and get it back to 45acp.

Someday I will leave Kommiefornia to the commies.

Nice weather here though.

Batts
I would never move to, nor would I ever live in, any place that I could not easily buy and carry a weapon wherever I go.

Last edited by OXMYX; 11-25-2014 at 20:51..
OXMYX is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:09.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,145
340 Members
805 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31