Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-12-2008, 15:13   #1
RED64CJ5

Recommend gun shop near Tyler, TX

I just wanted to relay a very positive experience with Noonday Gun Trader outside of Tyler on US-155. I had been searching for a "home" gun shop to make regular purchases and believe I have found one.

+1 for knowledgeable staff.
+1 for selection.
+1 for fair prices.

http://www.31westshootingrange.com/noonday.html

My first acquisition there was a Ruger New Bearcat. He had a few pistols there I can't live without... I'll be visiting again soon.
RED64CJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:01   #2
mac_attack

sweet! i always enjoy going in there. they have a HUGE selection and are very nice guys.

have you been to hot rod arms on the east loop? prices i have seen online seem pretty good.
mac_attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:29   #3
wmailhos

Looks like a real nice shop. Maybe I'll have to ride out there one day to check it out when I am traipsing through that area....
wmailhos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:02   #4
jhall

Keep going South a little but more and try High Noon Mercantile on 155. I like them better than Noonday Gun Trader.

Rodney has a nice place and all since he built the new shop, but they just don't make me feel comfortable when I'm in there for some reason.

Hot Rod Arms staff are always helpful, and they are a class III dealer if your into that.

I also like 3W Trading in Overton. It's not to bad of a drive for me, but I live in Chapel Hill.
jhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:33   #5
RED64CJ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhall View Post
Keep going South a little but more and try High Noon Mercantile on 155. I like them better than Noonday Gun Trader.

Rodney has a nice place and all since he built the new shop, but they just don't make me feel comfortable when I'm in there for some reason.

Hot Rod Arms staff are always helpful, and they are a class III dealer if your into that.

I also like 3W Trading in Overton. It's not to bad of a drive for me, but I live in Chapel Hill.
Have been into Hot Rod Arms. It wasn't a bad place but I felt a little more comfortable with Rodney and company. To each his own on the atmosphere situation... I've fallen in love with gun shops before that everyone in town claimed to hate (but I think they secretly shopped there).

I will definitely check out High Noon Mercantile.

Nice to hear some input from other East Texans.

Here in the Palestine area we don't have much 'cept for pawn shops. Action Pawn in Palestine has the best selection and are a Glock, Ruger, and other manufacturers' dealer. Prices are okay, but I don't care much for the atmosphere.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:33   #6
spacedoggy

I'm the webmaster for 31westshootingrange.com and I have taken the local shops off the site. If you live in or around the Tyler area I will have to agree that noonday will beat anyone around on price and has a larger inventory that Gander Mtn except for shotguns. Their list price is $150 to $200 less than the big stores like Gander and Acadamy. I like the guys who work at Gander and go by to shoot the bull. Three years ago you could get deals there but one day they raised prices on all the guns by 150 to 200.

Gander is the best place to sell your guns and I'll tell you why. Say you have a 4"XD 45acp and you paid 450 for it. If gander has a new one for sale and they are 699 they will give you their new price less 30% if good condition. Before they went up in price and Noonday was not open for business yet I bought around 10 pistols and a number of rifles. I got hit with a big tax bill and sold half of them back at a profit. I bought a Springfield 45 at the gun show used in great shape for 600 and took it that day to gander because their new one was priced at 1400. I made 380 dollars.

I only buy from the gun shows now and Noonday. Hot Rod Arms has a lot of holsters, bags and addon for AR's at great prices. I don't think he sells enough to get cheaper prices on guns. I get mad at them a lot because I'll make the drive in and they will be closed 60% of the time.

Just want to make sure if you plan on going to noonday Gun Traders on 155 make sure you go to the right place. The good one is a new building with a black fence around it. There is another gun shop a 1/2 mile down the road and I walked in their once never to return. They wanted 700 for a kel-tec p11 9mm. high noon mercantile. Guess they might have changed and I'll take another look. But before noonday they were asking for big bucks.

If you go to noonday ask for Randy or Rodney and feel free to tell them Robert sent ya from 31 west. They will give you half price on all their guns and ammo or at least you will get a smile. If any of you would like to come out to 31 west to take a tour just go to the website or email me and I'll give you a tour. webmaster@31westshootingrange.com It's a great range and during the week you sometimes have the whole place to yourself. Met a lot of nice people out there and everyone will let you shoot their guns if you show an interest in them. You get your own key so it's like having your own range at times but I perfer it when there are people out there. Just a great place to hang and shoot the **** with others.

Last edited by spacedoggy; 07-03-2009 at 12:43..
spacedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 00:14   #7
sabailey

Those of you close to Corsicana should check out Jessie's gunshop on 2nd street. He's always treated me right.
sabailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 19:46   #8
AggiePhil
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Why is the URL for this Noonday store "31westshootingrange.com"? Last I remember, the Hwy 31 W. range is Dodgen's place out in Chandler.
AggiePhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:50   #9
RED64CJ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post
Why is the URL for this Noonday store "31westshootingrange.com"? Last I remember, the Hwy 31 W. range is Dodgen's place out in Chandler.
They have some sort of alliance... (the store and the range)

P.S. Where have you been? (its me...Katy's brother)
Old 09-15-2009, 22:33   #10
jhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacedoggy View Post
I only buy from the gun shows now and Noonday. Hot Rod Arms has a lot of holsters, bags and addon for AR's at great prices. I don't think he sells enough to get cheaper prices on guns. I get mad at them a lot because I'll make the drive in and they will be closed 60% of the time.
I just saw this. lol. I feel the same way. You can never tell when they will be open. In fact, couple weeks ago I went by on saturday, closed. So I went on down to Gander Mntn. Guess whose shopping inside GM!!???! James.. Oh well...

+1 on 31W range though. Love that place!
jhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 21:46   #11
winman

Gun stores

What about Wulf in Athens?
Old 10-09-2009, 06:24   #12
RED64CJ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by winman View Post
What about Wulf in Athens?
They're prices are fair... And stock is good. I have bought a couple of guns from them this year just because they had things in stock. I probably paid no more than $40 over the lowest price on the street.
Old 10-09-2009, 14:46   #13
AggiePhil
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It's called Wulf?
AggiePhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 18:50   #14
RED64CJ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post
It's called Wulf?
www.wulfoutdoorsports.com on US-19 (Palestine St)