Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-24-2011, 17:03   #301
ModGlock17

An MGSL makes each Glock a better gun!

Last edited by ModGlock17; 06-10-2011 at 17:31..
ModGlock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 17:34   #302
denn1911

It's amazing that a small part can increase accuracy so much. For those trying to squeeze out more perfprmance, this should be worth the investment. I'm going to order one and try it in my G34.
denn1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:46   #303
bowerman

Hey T.R., if you see this, where is the best place I can purchase a copy of your dvd "making glocks rock"? I saw some of it at my friends house and it looked extremely informative, and I would like to obtain a copy! Thanks!
bowerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:57   #304
ModGlock17

Quote:
Originally Posted by denn1911 View Post
It's amazing that a small part can increase accuracy so much. For those trying to squeeze out more perfprmance, this should be worth the investment. I'm going to order one and try it in my G34.
I think that the combination of shorter barrel and looser seating of it, suggests the G26 to be potentially most improvable Glock design if upgraded with an MGSL.

Last edited by ModGlock17; 06-10-2011 at 17:29..
Old 05-25-2011, 09:10   #305
turbostar66

+1 for the MGSL. I got one from TR at a gunshow in Houston and installed it in my G19. Next time I went to the range, my pistol DID feel more accurate, and that was the best groupings I've had with it. Not sure how much was mental, or how much was the part but I can say I believe it made a difference.

My ONLY complaint with the part is that it sticks out a little further on the sides than the stock unit (a plus since its easier to hold and pull), and the edges are much sharper (also a plus, helps with grip). The negative is that it scores the inside of my Galco leather holster...there is leather "dust" on/in crevices of the pistol from those sharp edges making room...they will probably wear enough to where it won't do that, but I've thought of taking a dremel to those edges to round them up a bit.
turbostar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:44   #306
GlockBill

I have a question about the MGSL - does it work with an AACK (Advantage Arms Conversion Kit -.22LR slide)? and if so, does using it with multiple slides/barrels on the same frame degrade the effectiveness?

My understanding is that the MGSL helps the barrel to seat in a more consistent location when it returns to battery via the barrel lug to slide lock fit. So, it seems that using multiple barrels/slides on the same frame could cause the fit to change as the wear pattern would likely be different with each different barrel. Has anyone tried using conversion kits/barrels on the same frame with the MGSL? I'm curious.

Even if switching barrels does degrade the effectiveness, I'll probably order an MGSL anyway - I'm sure that it's an improvement over the factory part.
GlockBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 14:44   #307
T. R. Graham
The Glocksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockBill View Post
I have a question about the MGSL - does it work with an AACK (Advantage Arms Conversion Kit -.22LR slide)? and if so, does using it with multiple slides/barrels on the same frame degrade the effectiveness?

My understanding is that the MGSL helps the barrel to seat in a more consistent location when it returns to battery via the barrel lug to slide lock fit. So, it seems that using multiple barrels/slides on the same frame could cause the fit to change as the wear pattern would likely be different with each different barrel. Has anyone tried using conversion kits/barrels on the same frame with the MGSL? I'm curious.

Even if switching barrels does degrade the effectiveness, I'll probably order an MGSL anyway - I'm sure that it's an improvement over the factory part.
I have tested my MGSL with different caliber conversion setups, and outside of sometimes finding it necessary to pull the slide lock down when installing the new barrel, I have seen no problems. Keep in mind that the MGSL simply locks the barrel into the same position from shot to shot. There might be some slight differences in the wear pattern on the MGSL, but long as the barrel dimensions are comparable to factory standard you should see the same accuracy enhancement regardless of what barrel is used.

Now - having stated all that, I have to say that older pre-Gen 4 Advantage Arms conversion units work fine with the MGSL, (as do the older Scherer and Peter-Stahl conversion units) but I have not tested it with the newer AA Gen 4 conversion kits.

Bill, PM me here or shoot me an email at Grhm458@cs.com and I'll give you ordering instructions.

Last edited by T. R. Graham; 06-07-2011 at 14:45.. Reason: spelling
T. R. Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 21:18   #308
gorenut

I'm tagging this thread. Mention of the MGSL has piqued my interest. My main curiosity though is whether I'll see notable improvements with a G34. I imagine this is the gun that'll see the least benefits from this great add-on compared to the other guns. Anyone who tested it extensively with the G34 chime in?
gorenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:30   #309
GRT45
Transform & Win

gorenut, if you haven't seen this post already, here is a relevant post on accuracy enhancement with data based on group diameter and using a Ransom Rest:

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. R. Graham View Post
The only way to tell would be to try and see, and this is caliber specific to a certain extent.

In my testing I found that the .40 caliber pistols had the most accuracy enhancment, and the 9mms the least. This would be between 7 to 35% from stock. Every other caliber tested (.357Sig, 10mm and .45ACP) the accuracy enhancement fell somewhere in between. The only calibers not tested were .380ACP (couldn't get one) .22 LR and .45GAP (wasn't out yet)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout

Last edited by GRT45; 06-09-2011 at 13:00..
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:20   #310
jamaicanj

Looks like a very interesting product at a reasonable price
Phillipians 4:13
Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
Glock Certified Armorer & GSSF Member
jamaicanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 21:46   #311
T. R. Graham
The Glocksmith

Gents -

Thanks for all the kind comments. I'd be happy to answer any questions about the MGSL.
Old 06-25-2011, 16:42   #312
JBarbaresi

tagged.
JBarbaresi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 18:13   #313
jpeto

You should open a website and start selling them there
The Sub Club #3969

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mattis USMC
jpeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:31   #314
T. R. Graham
The Glocksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeto View Post
You should open a website and start selling them there
Thanks, but what I know about computers you could fit into a teacup. In any case, I manufacture the MGSL's in small batches. You would be surprised just how labor-intensive they are to make.

My MGSL was never intended for wide release, just for a select few.

No, I am happy to stick to what I know....
Old 06-30-2011, 16:28   #315
ModGlock17

Between your MGSL, a 6# trigger spring on stock Connector design, and a shortened post-trigger travel, each of my Glocks seems like a tack driver at 10 yrds.

Much appreciated, Mr. Graham.

Now if I get new glasses, it should be beyond 10yrds.
Old 07-03-2011, 19:12   #316
BroncoAZ
Glockalfeliac

I got a couple of these recently, but haven't installed them in anything yet. At 25 feet reasonably rapid fire I am pretty consistent with my .40 Glocks shooting 3-4 inch groups. I think I can do better than that, at the same distance with my 9mm Glocks I shoot 1-2 inch groups. I'm going to install the MGSLs in my newest G23 and another in my G35 and see how I do.
BroncoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 19:26   #317
T. R. Graham
The Glocksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoAZ View Post
I got a couple of these recently, but haven't installed them in anything yet. At 25 feet reasonably rapid fire I am pretty consistent with my .40 Glocks shooting 3-4 inch groups. I think I can do better than that, at the same distance with my 9mm Glocks I shoot 1-2 inch groups. I'm going to install the MGSLs in my newest G23 and another in my G35 and see how I do.
Let us know your results, Mitch.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:14   #318
Whtwolf14

Mailing out a check today. What the hell, I'll give it a go....been thinking about for awhile.
Whtwolf14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 20:01   #319
glock031

Just mailed out a check today also. I sure can use some improvement in the accuracy department.
Old 07-09-2011, 19:22   #320
kashdaddy
Glockaholic

Is it possible to get one of the MGSL in a tighter than normal tolerance, so that I can custom fit it myself? Of course some gunsmithing experience will be required, but I dont mine. Please let me know if this is possible and also ordering instructions and price. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. R. Graham View Post
Gents -
Thanks for all the kind comments. I'd be happy to answer any questions about the MGSL.
kashdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mgsl