Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-14-2011, 22:00   #261
ChCx91

Mr. Graham, I've sent you a money order by mail. This will be the second MGSL I've purchased from you, great part. Looking forward to receiving a special package sometime soon!
ChCx91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 18:26   #262
Hicksville Kid

I've been shooting my MGSL from Mr. Graham

First let me say that I am very happy with my MGSL and dealing with Mr. Graham. Fast shipping and no worries.

I shot for groups of 5 shots before I installed the item and recorded the results. I installed it and then I shot for groups again. Since then I've shot it practicing and doing a steel shoot and put about 600 rounds down range. At around 250 I recorded some groups and here again at 600. Now, let me preface this by saying that I'm not a good shot. I'm using a red dot because of my aging eyes. I shot all the groups recorded off sandbags to take out as much operatior error as possible. I'm shooting at 15 yards using WWB from Walmart for all results.

The initial groups with it installed were not that different from the groups without it installed. Pretty much what I was told to expect. The groups were about 2.6" average from 6 groups. The 5 groups at 250 rounds averaged out at 2.3". On the 25th of March (600 rounds through the gun with new MGSL) the 8 groups of 5 shots ranged from a low of 1.125" to a high of 2.625" for an average of 1.86". If I throw out the low and the high group it averages to 1.854.

Now, I have no idea if my shooting skills are good or bad. Perhaps a good shooter will do a lot better. I also don't know if I just improved shooting groups. Guys at the range will say "Hey, that's great." I can't figure out if they are being polite, great shooters or if they can't shoot very well. I do know this: My Ruger 22/45 Target will shoot under an inch all day long with the same circumstances. I know that won't happen with my 34.

All in all, I have to say that the MGSL from Mr. Graham has been a welcome improvement. Well worth the cost.

Now the big question. Is 1.854" at 15 yards good for a Glock 34? Is it good for a 9mm? Is it good for a anyone?
Hicksville Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 20:02   #263
Wil Ufgood
CLM Number 263
GTDS #88

TAG
Old 03-26-2011, 21:32   #264
recon

You did fine on your shooting.
PA Glocker #152

Buy It Cheap!
Stack It Deep!
recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:28   #265
RH45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicksville Kid View Post
First let me say that I am very happy with my MGSL and dealing with Mr. Graham. Fast shipping and no worries.

I shot for groups of 5 shots before I installed the item and recorded the results. I installed it and then I shot for groups again. Since then I've shot it practicing and doing a steel shoot and put about 600 rounds down range. At around 250 I recorded some groups and here again at 600. Now, let me preface this by saying that I'm not a good shot. I'm using a red dot because of my aging eyes. I shot all the groups recorded off sandbags to take out as much operatior error as possible. I'm shooting at 15 yards using WWB from Walmart for all results.

The initial groups with it installed were not that different from the groups without it installed. Pretty much what I was told to expect. The groups were about 2.6" average from 6 groups. The 5 groups at 250 rounds averaged out at 2.3". On the 25th of March (600 rounds through the gun with new MGSL) the 8 groups of 5 shots ranged from a low of 1.125" to a high of 2.625" for an average of 1.86". If I throw out the low and the high group it averages to 1.854.

Now, I have no idea if my shooting skills are good or bad. Perhaps a good shooter will do a lot better. I also don't know if I just improved shooting groups. Guys at the range will say "Hey, that's great." I can't figure out if they are being polite, great shooters or if they can't shoot very well. I do know this: My Ruger 22/45 Target will shoot under an inch all day long with the same circumstances. I know that won't happen with my 34.

All in all, I have to say that the MGSL from Mr. Graham has been a welcome improvement. Well worth the cost.

Now the big question. Is 1.854" at 15 yards good for a Glock 34? Is it good for a 9mm? Is it good for a anyone?
Good report!

With WWB, I don't think my Glock 34 would shoot any better.

With 4 grains of Titegroup behind a Zero, 125 grain, .356, jhp, which is actually listed as a .38 Super bullet, my 34 will hover around 2" at 25 yards.

The same load in my most accurate 9mm, which is a custom built STI will generally group around an inch at 50 yards.
RH45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:55   #266
SJ 40

I would like to thank Mr. Graham. I have not had the opportunity as of yet to put it on paper. Yesterday how ever I got to shoot some steel after a state shoot meeting. At 20' I shot my g22 at 4" square plates that I have missed many times and yesterday with thirty rounds fired I had thirty hits. Not bad considering the temp was 30 degrees and a 10-15 mile an hour wind,not a nice day or I would have put paper up. Very pleased Vermonter. SJ 40

Last edited by SJ 40; 03-27-2011 at 08:56..
SJ 40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 19:13   #267
PSG

Mr Graham , a quick question.

I switch barrels on my glock, stock 40 and Wolff 9 mm

Will this have any effect on the part ?

Quick review, I have always loved my glock for its fuction, it ability to group has alway left me wanting a little more.

I must have had the sloppiest slide lock glock as have produced.

Your slide lock has cut my groups in half.

Thought maybe it was a mind thing, switched out on the range.

Allowed some one else to shoot, as well as my self , right back to sloppy groups.

I am very pleased with this drop in part.
PSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 17:13   #268
T. R. Graham
The Glocksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSG View Post
Mr Graham , a quick question.

I switch barrels on my glock, stock 40 and Wolff 9 mm

Will this have any effect on the part ?

Quick review, I have always loved my glock for its fuction, it ability to group has alway left me wanting a little more.

I must have had the sloppiest slide lock glock as have produced.

Your slide lock has cut my groups in half.

Thought maybe it was a mind thing, switched out on the range.

Allowed some one else to shoot, as well as my self , right back to sloppy groups.

I am very pleased with this drop in part.
Thank you for your kind comments. To answer your question - yes, you can switch between stock and aftermarket barrels without problems.

And to all who have commented on my MGSL, thank you for both the kind words AND for the feedback. My best advertising is a satisfied client.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:40   #269
kingfisherJ

IDPA - SSP Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minjin View Post
...I'd like to get into some gun games (GSSF, IDPA, etc) and I'm afraid that this "mod" will bump my otherwise stock pistol into a higher category.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Does anyone know if this is legal for IDPA, ISPC, USPSA production?
I don't know if anyone "official" has ruled on this, but the MGSL is externally visible when installed, and here's what the rule book says about modifications that are not allowed for the Stock Service Pistol Division in IDPA:

Quote:
EXCLUDED Modifications (NON-Inclusive list):
1. Externally visible modifications other than grips or sights.

Last edited by kingfisherJ; 04-01-2011 at 08:43..
kingfisherJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:01   #270
Madriverarms

Do the rules allow for the use of the extended slide locks that are available? I would think that this item would fall into the same category as those parts.

-MRA
Madriverarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 14:34   #271
PEC-Memphis
Scottish Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madriverarms View Post
Do the rules allow for the use of the extended slide locks that are available? I would think that this item would fall into the same category as those parts.

-MRA
OEM extended parts (slide stop & magazine catch) are approved for IDPA-SSP.
Old 04-01-2011, 19:32   #272
recon

Perfect!
PA Glocker #152

Buy It Cheap!
Stack It Deep!
Old 04-02-2011, 08:35   #273
SJ 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madriverarms View Post

-MRA
The MGSL is not extended,approximately the same in size as the factory part. The only visible difference,installed in the frame is the much more precisely cut serrations,one would really have to know what one looks like to be able to spot one when installed in the frame. Rules are rules though and some times when we play a game we have to go by the rules. SJ 40
Old 04-02-2011, 18:01   #274
JBP55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ 40 View Post
The MGSL is not extended,approximately the same in size as the factory part. The only visible difference,installed in the frame is the much more precisely cut serrations,one would really have to know what one looks like to be able to spot one when installed in the frame. Rules are rules though and some times when we play a game we have to go by the rules. SJ 40

The TR Graham slide locks are slightly longer than the OEM Glock slide lock.
I have them in a G26, G19, G17, G34.
The G4 G17 shot a 1 3/16" group rested at 25 yards.
JBP55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 19:31   #275
SJ 40

Ok looks can be deceiving,took the calibers to a factory slide lock came up with 1.121 wide. The MGSL measures in at 1.155 so the difference in factory versus TR Graham's MGSL is .34 wider,visually close. SJ 40
Old 04-02-2011, 20:36   #276
recon

Okay so in plain english here?
PA Glocker #152

Buy It Cheap!
Stack It Deep!
Old 04-03-2011, 06:57   #277
Neal

Quote:
Ok looks can be deceiving,took the calibers to a factory slide lock came up with 1.121 wide. The MGSL measures in at 1.155 so the difference in factory versus TR Graham's MGSL is .34 wider,visually close. SJ 40

Check your math.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:17   #278
machman

Quote:
Based on your measurements, the difference is .034"(not .34"). In a nutshell, the MGSL will protrude .017" or 1/64" further on each side.

IDPA

Last edited by machman; 04-03-2011 at 07:18..
machman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:38   #279
SJ 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
Check your math.
Ya I dropped the 0.
sorry SJ 40
Old 04-03-2011, 07:44   #280
DCB12

I say it's legal.... but that's just me.

Peace
Big Dog #1577
Florida Glockers #-12
DCB12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mgsl