Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:31   #1
snowbird.40

Picatinny rail on G26?

Of all the Glocks I've owned and shot in competition or deer hunting, my all-time favorite is the Model 26, especially the Gen 4 version.

The only thing preventing this gun from becoming the most versatile in Glock's lineup is the lack of a frame rail that will accommodate a tactical light and/or laser.

Does anyone know why Glock doesn't offer this option? Does anyone know of a shop that will machine that vital notch into the bottom of a G26 frame rail? (Just guessing, but such an alteration would probably void the warranty.)

Thoughts and observations appreciated.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:56   #2
Mike-M

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird.40 View Post
Of all the Glocks I've owned and shot in competition or deer hunting, my all-time favorite is the Model 26, especially the Gen 4 version.

The only thing preventing this gun from becoming the most versatile in Glock's lineup is the lack of a frame rail that will accommodate a tactical light and/or laser.
You use a G26 for deer hunting? And you do it at night so you need a tactical light? Something seems a bit odd here.

Then there's the fact that most tactical lights would extend a couple of inches in front of the G26 muzzle (making the total length almost that of a G17) if there were a way to affix the tac light.

I'm just sayin'...
Mike-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:30   #3
snowbird.40

Mike, Mike, Mike - If you notice the sentence structure, I never said I used a G26 for deer hunting. I suspect you are trolling for a negative response, but I'll answer truthfully: I used a Glock 20 for deer hunting (and not at night).

If I could attach a tac light to a G26 at night at home (or elsewhere, when needed), then I could return to being a '1gunsnowbird', which is all I'm seeking.

Appears you don't have an answer to my questions, just some smarmy observations. Let me know if you actually want to answer what I asked in all humility and seriousness. Please.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:12   #4
my_old_glock

Quote:

Does anyone know why Glock doesn't offer this option? Does anyone know of a shop that will machine that vital notch into the bottom of a G26 frame rail? (Just guessing, but such an alteration would probably void the warranty.)

Thoughts and observations appreciated.

Why would you need a tactical light on a gun that is designed to be as small as possible for easy concealment?

my_old_glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:14   #5
Mike Papa

Have you considered getting a G19 G4 and having a professional chop the grip to G26 size???
Old 08-13-2014, 11:22   #6
my_old_glock

Quote:
Mike, Mike, Mike - If you notice the sentence structure, I never said I used a G26 for deer hunting. I suspect you are trolling for a negative response, but I'll answer truthfully: I used a Glock 20 for deer hunting (and not at night).

I am definitely not an expert on sentence structure, but when I read your first sentence I also thought you were using the 26 for hunting.

I did not think you were using a light while hunting.

Although everyone in the US is suppose to read, write, and speak English the same, regional differences can lead to confusion.

About adding a light to your G26 for home use. I saw an attachment or modified plate that fits on the bottom of a magazine and has a rail to allow you to attach a light. You would need a magazien longer than the normal G26 because you hand would cover the light otherwise. I can't remember where I saw it.

Last edited by my_old_glock; 08-13-2014 at 11:24..
my_old_glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:48   #7
DJCantonGA

Quote:
Here, I'll help a brother out:

I have several Glocks. I have one I use for competition. I have another, completely separate from the one for competition, that I use for hunting (mainly deer). However, my all time favorite is the Glock 26, which is completely separate from the Glock I use for competition and hunting.

I understood what you meant btw, just injecting a little humor into my boring afternoon sitting in the office..waiting for 5pm to get here so I can meet the wife at the range

Here is a link that may (or may not) help you..I thought it was pretty interesting:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1343336

Mike also had a good idea with getting a G19 and having the grip professionally chopped to that of a G26.

Take care.
John 3:16
Matthew 6:34

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DJCantonGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:14   #8
Bruce M

Gun-Parts & Access.

+

Gun-Parts & Access.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:40   #9
snowbird.40

Thank you DJCanton. I read all six pages of posts in the thread by Glockometry and ask the same questions that never get answered: is the gun holding up to the recoil flex?

Next on my to-do list is check out the Viridian website about that particular light.

In MY perfect world, I'd have one Gen 4 Model 26 set up for concealed carry and another set up with the Viridian or other tactical light. I don't mind if a light sticks out beyond the end of the barrel ... that's exactly how they work on G19s and other compact Glocks. It's never been a deal-breaker for those guns, so why would it be a breaker with a G26?
Old 08-13-2014, 12:41   #10
snowbird.40

Bruce - that's almost TOO simple. Wonder if it would work?
Old 08-13-2014, 12:44   #11
DJCantonGA

I'm not any help on that question. My gut would say that it would be ok, but I'm not sure.

Here is my G19 with a Streamlight TLR-1:

Gun-Parts & Access.

I agree, it doesn't bother me that the light sticks out a little. Well, it's more than a little...
John 3:16
Matthew 6:34

Last edited by DJCantonGA; 08-13-2014 at 12:44..
DJCantonGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 13:08   #12
snowbird.40

DJ - Just got off the phone with Viridian, located here in Minnesota where I spend summers, and the gal says they are going to be offering a laser for both the Kahr CM9 and the Glock 26. She was talking about this fall but said they hadn't set pricing yet. She also said the original offering is just the green laser without a tac light.

Think I'll stand pat for a few months and see what they have up their sleeves. I'd REALLY like having a tac light more than a laser. I've never really shot many handguns with a laser.
Old 08-13-2014, 13:37   #13
pizza_pablo
USN Retired

I've killed more deer with vehicles than Glocks and my co-worker, whose gone deer hunting (spelled; winter camping), every year, the last 20.
Old 08-13-2014, 14:04   #14
snowbird.40

Pizza - My greatest success hunting whitetail deer, beginning in 1989, was with a 4" barrel bone stock S&W 629. That gun just flat put 'em down out to 170 yards (my longest hail Mary shot ever). I must have killed close to a dozen deer of all sizes with that gun, but my success with 10mm was very limited. I wounded a deer with my G20 equipped with 6" hunting barrel and gave up the effort shortly afterward.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:09   #15
Mike Papa

Don't know if you saw this on my first try:

Have you considered getting a G19 G4 and having a professional chop the grip to G26 size???

Might be a valid option if you really want a weapon light and a G26 size grip.
Old 08-14-2014, 18:17   #16
DLL9mm

Grip chop a G19
Or...
M&P9c
HK P2000sk
etc
Old 08-14-2014, 19:14   #17
mrsurfboard
The Anti-Glock

There is no rail, because it's designed to be a CCW, therefor no rail is needed.
Old 08-14-2014, 19:29   #18
TRX450R_Racer
Punisher

This guy cut a rail in his G26 frame.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1343336
Old 08-15-2014, 15:43   #19
Mike Papa

From Google:

Gun-Parts & Access.

Gun-Parts & Access.

Gun-Parts & Access.