Old 05-29-2009, 12:56   #181
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88_gurgel View Post
I got some .40 brass marked AG

What is that?
Another Gimmick.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 13:45   #182
ncfyrfyter
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourrobert13 View Post
All of the NT stuff I came accross was 45 acp. It used small pistol primers instead of large. I didn't understand why, and I never attempted to load any of it.
The NT is the WinClean ammunition manufactured by Winchester. The box states that the brass is non-reloadable.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ncfyrfyter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:07   #183
robert91922

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow10mm View Post
Fiochi brass is stamped Fiochi
I have about 7 different types of Fiocchi 9mm rounds in my personal stock, but cases are all stamped GFL. Please check again.
robert91922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:31   #184
380Seecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert91922 View Post
I have about 7 different types of Fiocchi 9mm rounds in my personal stock, but cases are all stamped GFL. Please check again.
http://www.cartridgecollectors.org/headstampcodes.htm

This web site (above) lists F, LE, GFL, PS, and FIOCCHI headstamps for Fiocci. I've never seen the "FIOCCHI" headstamp myself. Got lots of "GFL" in my collection.
380Seecamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 13:18   #185
PAGlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS View Post
Ran across some more headstamps, good or bad?? Company?? Feel free to add to list.

C()J
L()Y
One looks like a circle with an i through it
Para at top, triangle shape at bottom
AP
GFL
LB-NTF
DNL
GECO
IMI
WRA
CCI N/R
CCI
LC
PMP
MM
S043
MFS

()=primer pocket
I just tried reloading 9mm with "*Geco*" headstamp. It is just as bad as Amerc. I used Lee sizer dies to resize brass fired from Glocks. Most other brass will resize just fine...these two suck! Just throw them away!
Old 09-27-2009, 13:26   #186
VN350X10

PAGlock,

Geco is usually very good brass.
In it's factory form, it IS loaded a bit hotter than U.S. standards, but is within NATO spec.
You may have encountered some with a bit harder than normal brass, sort them & try to run them by themselves.
I've loaded several thousand of them & they are prefered (by me) for hi-intensity loadings. I load all of my 9mm on a Lee 1000 press with an undersize sizing die (-.001), which is avaliable from Lee & don't have any problems with them other than an occasional tight primer pocket.
Use nickle plated primers, like CCI & they go easier.

A-Merc on the other hand, DO suck !!

uncle albert
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 15:46   #187
G10mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 380Seecamp View Post
PPU
Prvi Partizan, 31000 Titovo, Uzice, Yugoslavia

According to:

Don't think I've ever tried this brass.
Thats a good sight to have

- Ronald Reagan
G10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 17:45   #188
DEJ/FL

Send a message via ICQ to DEJ/FL
A word of advice, S&B (Seller & Belloit) 9MM cases have a brass appearance but you may want to use a magnet to just make sure. We sorted a bunch of brass and was supprised to find when we used a magnet to remove the other steel cases that the S&B 9MM brass was also being attracked.

Dan
CGAA
It was the JERK behind the trigger!!
DEJ/FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:15   #189
jaybirdjtt

Just ran a powerful magnet over 1000+ 9mm cases recently deprimed. Some were S&B and none reacted to the magnet. Doesn't hurt to check.
jaybirdjtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 15:27   #190
mteagle1

Quote:

This web site (above) lists F, LE, GFL, PS, and FIOCCHI headstamps for Fiocci. I've never seen the "FIOCCHI" headstamp myself. Got lots of "GFL" in my collection.
The Fiocchi 40 S&W frangible are marked FIOCCHI.
101st Airborne 1957-60
USAF 1961-80 Retired
mteagle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:41   #191
RHVEtte

Don't know if they were already mentioned, but Wolf Gold apparently uses the same brass as Prvi (PPU in cyrillic, looks like nny headstamp), so it should be good stuff.
Liberty is a candle in a tempest. It is a rare and beautiful thing that must be jealously guarded, lest it be snuffed out. And like the candle, Liberty under tyranny is difficult to reignite. -- undoubtedly said by someone smarter than I.
RHVEtte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:54   #192
dougja

I just sorted through 12,000 9mm cases seperated in the following groups:
WIN
FC
RP
BLAZER
PMC

I came across quite a few "RG 08" cases that prompted my sorting adventure. They appear to be British, crimped. Does anyone know if the RG is good brass or bad brass?

Can someone help me with values per thousand of each.... I want to "un-load" them rather than reload them.

Thanks
dougja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:51   #193
SS1

Lc

Any one know anything about this head stamp? L C O A
It is on a federal 5.56
Reading as much info as I can on reloads and Love this thread,
Thank's to all.
SS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 15:47   #194
mrwilson

RG would be Radway Green. British military. Never shot their 9mm but the 5.56 is good.
mrwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 16:30   #195
dougja

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwilson View Post
RG would be Radway Green. British military. Never shot their 9mm but the 5.56 is good.
Thank you Sir Wilson! The RG gave me a reason to buy a Dillon Swage 600. I can't bring myself to recycle the brass, spend $100 to save $20
dougja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:16   #196
skf

Cabela's has offered to fill my backorder with Winchester .45acp that is not US made. I ordered the Winchester months ago because I wanted good cases to start reloading.

Does anybody know who the maker of this stuff is and what their brass is like? I don't remember for sure but I think they told me it was from Czech.

Thanks!
skf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 14:38   #197
HOUNDAWG

Quote:

I have some Fiocchi .40 S&W 170-grain FMJ. The headstamp is FIOCCHI USA but the box says Made in Hungary! I haven't reloaded any of these cases so I can't comment on their quality for reloading.

The only other Fiocchi ammo I have is .357 Mag with the GFL headstamp (made in Italy). I've had good results reloading these cases.
Big Dawg #340
HOUNDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:26   #198
njl

Quote:

I've got some of each (Fiocchi, GFL) in 9mm. The Fiocchi headstamped brass is from some 147gr FMJ I bought just over 4 years ago from Sportsmans Guide. The GFL has been range pickup brass.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:34   #199
njl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEJ/FL View Post
A word of advice, S&B (Seller & Belloit) 9MM cases have a brass appearance but you may want to use a magnet to just make sure. We sorted a bunch of brass and was supprised to find when we used a magnet to remove the other steel cases that the S&B 9MM brass was also being attracked.

Dan
All the steel cases I've seen have been berdan primed. Are there boxer primed steel?
Old 02-28-2010, 00:05   #200
njl

Hmm...I think S&B just made my pitch list. I've been using it for "lost brass" matches and have actually been able to recover most of it recently.

I was just loading some that was a mix of first reload brass and brass I'd already loaded and shot at least once. It was giving me a real hard time on the bell/powder drop station, not wanting to bell, and then not wanting to let go of the powder funnel. When I randomly gaged a few, a lot of them would fall into the gage, but needed to be pushed out. A few wouldn't fall all the way in. It seemed as though the brass was bulging around where the base of the seated bullet was. The Win and FC brass I loaded tonight all dropped in and out of the gage. I ended up gaging all the S&B and most of the Win and FC...and then tried dropping the questionable ones into my dirty G17 barrel. I ended up pulling 6 bullets and tossing 6 primed cases. I think I'll shoot up the S&B I've loaded and not try to recover it.

Tonight was the fist time I've loaded FC brass. It was amazingly easy compared to the S&B. It resized like it wasn't there, and didn't stick on the powder funnel at all.