SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-23-2014, 18:39   #1
Sheepdog689
NRA Life Member

If you're looking for GAP ammo

I work close by to Targetsportsusa.com. I've purchased ammo from them in the past as their prices are fairly decent. I stopped in today and bought two boxes of Speer Gold Dot 9mm and two boxes of Speer Gold Dot 45GAP. Funny thing is all the haters keep telling us the GAP sucks because you can't find ammo and it's more expensive than 45ACP.

Well..... these are 50 round Law Enforcement boxes I'm talking about here...the 9mm was $25 and change while the GAP ammo was $22 and change. They also had Speer Gold Dot "Personal Protection", not Law Enforcement, 45ACP in stock. Personal protection means 20 round boxes, not 50 round boxes as in the LE ammo. They're getting $27 to $29 for the 45ACP - 20 rounds. So much for GAP being more expensive. By the way, they've got plenty in stock and keep up a good inventory.
Old 12-23-2014, 18:52   #2
billinjax
G39, G23, G27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdog689 View Post
I work close by to Targetsportsusa.com. I've purchased ammo from them in the past as their prices are fairly decent. I stopped in today and bought two boxes of Speer Gold Dot 9mm and two boxes of Speer Gold Dot 45GAP. Funny thing is all the haters keep telling us the GAP sucks because you can't find ammo and it's more expensive than 45ACP.

Well..... these are 50 round Law Enforcement boxes I'm talking about here...the 9mm was $25 and change while the GAP ammo was $22 and change. They also had Speer Gold Dot "Personal Protection", not Law Enforcement, 45ACP in stock. Personal protection means 20 round boxes, not 50 round boxes as in the LE ammo. They're getting $27 to $29 for the 45ACP - 20 rounds. So much for GAP being more expensive. By the way, they've got plenty in stock and keep up a good inventory.
I picked up some of the 50 round JHP you're talking about. Their shipping costs are also cheaper than the next most expensive place that sells this exact ammo. I paid $9.09 shipping for four boxes using a commercial shipping address. Wish I could have bought more. This is only $2 more per box than the FMJ.
billinjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 19:01   #3
billinjax
G39, G23, G27

Are there any other good suppliers for GAP ammo that might not be indexed by the search engines? The next lowest price I can find is $10 more per box for 180gr and $20 more for 200gr in Speer LE. The ammo search engines aren't helping.

Thanks
billinjax is offline   Reply With Quote