Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-21-2011, 16:13   #201
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Quote:
Originally Posted by REA9mm View Post
1. Agreed. That one never made sense to me.
2. Agreed. It's a bit too long, but the 3 second btwn shots (which I don't like) make it reasonable I guess.
3. Agreed.

My only gripe is the crowds on the weekends. Let me know when you plan to do a mid-week shoot and I can usually get a morning off. Should be much less crowded then.

How'd the shooting go? Any failures? Did you get your carbine sighted in?
Shooting wise went good.....Glock not so good lol well no problems just I was majorly off for some reason. Hi point started rough not because of the gun my red dot wasn't working (funny story....I put it on backwards some how and wasn't paying attention) so ripped that off and reinstalled iron sites. Got it almost dialed in but super accurate!

The entire trip shot about 150 rounds of 9mm and 70 rounds of .40 not a single issue or failures
Huber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:15   #202
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Bump it up for the Lou :D

If anyone local has a Glock 19 I am looking at trading my Glock 22 for one......Got a post on armslist
Old 03-30-2011, 14:52   #203
cbus

South city here. I've got a G23, and just ordered a G20 LE from Mid-America. Just got started reloading recently as well. Try to get out Jay Henges on a regular basis.
cbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 15:31   #204
Nickanto

From eureka. Refuse to shoot at Henges because of the range Nazis. Luckily I own my own private range 5 minutes away.
Nickanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 16:01   #205
pnutcar
MIZZOU TIGERS!

I like Jay because $3 is cheaper than $20/hr. We shoot at our place down at Lake of the Ozarks too.
pnutcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 16:44   #206
REA9mm
get ready

Send a message via AIM to REA9mm Send a message via Skype™ to REA9mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbus View Post
South city here. I've got a G23, and just ordered a G20 LE from Mid-America. Just got started reloading recently as well. Try to get out Jay Henges on a regular basis.
Welcome
What part of south city? I am by Carondelet park off Grand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickanto View Post
From eureka. Refuse to shoot at Henges because of the range Nazis. Luckily I own my own private range 5 minutes away.
Welcome Midwest Glockers
You are lucky! Would you ever consider hosting a range day for Missouri Glockers?
REA9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 17:40   #207
cbus

I'm at Macklind and Nottingham in Southampton.

As far as Henges goes, I can feel your pain on the range officers. On top of that, it gets overly crowded - even occasionally on weekdays. That - and you can't shoot bowling pins....

Would love to join Arnold Gun Club, but haven't really had the time to check it out too much.
cbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 13:33   #208
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickanto View Post
Man that must be nice! I agree their range guys can be jerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbus View Post
I'm at Macklind and Nottingham in Southampton.

As far as Henges goes, I can feel your pain on the range officers. On top of that, it gets overly crowded - even occasionally on weekdays. That - and you can't shoot bowling pins....

Would love to join Arnold Gun Club, but haven't really had the time to check it out too much.
I am shooting at Arnold Gun Club for the first time next Sat for a IDPA comp and will be joining there soon! Place is pretty sweet by what I have seen
Old 04-01-2011, 14:31   #209
REA9mm
get ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huber View Post
Man that must be nice! I agree their range guys can be jerks

I am shooting at Arnold Gun Club for the first time next Sat for a IDPA comp and will be joining there soon! Place is pretty sweet by what I have seen
What is the membership cost like for Arnold Gun Club?
Old 04-01-2011, 15:47   #210
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Quote:
What is the membership cost like for Arnold Gun Club?
First year is the most expensive...breaks down like this:

$100 initiation fee
$150 annual membership fee (paid every year)
and you have to be a NRA member so if your not already then it's like $30 a year or something

Still your first year is only $30 more then Top Gun and they literally run every week some kind of shooting comp. You can take them serious or have fun

Last edited by Huber; 04-01-2011 at 15:48..
Old 04-07-2011, 14:06   #211
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

If anyone is interested in shooting the comp sat morning (IDPA) let me know you can get in with a code I have, your welcome to shoot and it's only $8
Old 04-08-2011, 07:37   #212
REA9mm
get ready

Quote:
If anyone is interested in shooting the comp sat morning (IDPA) let me know you can get in with a code I have, your welcome to shoot and it's only $8
Crap! I would be soooo down for doing this, but we are heading out of town this weekend. That's my damn luck.

Oh well. Have fun! Shoot straight! And give us a report of how it was.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:41   #213
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Will do I will give you guys a better notice next time
Old 04-12-2011, 13:05   #214
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Next IDPA match is is May 14th! I def recommend everyone to try it if you are free TONS of fun!

Keep an eye out on the website for details and you will find out the round count and stages when it comes closer

www.arpc-idpa.com
Old 04-14-2011, 02:22   #215
stlguntrader

Quote:
Sounds like a good place if you don't wanna mess with a bunch of people
it gets pretty crowded on the weekends have to wait for a table some times (weather permitting) but if you can go on a weekday you'll probably be the only one there its nice. BUT last time I was there which was quite some time ago a warrenton sherrif came out called a cease fire and yelled at everyone because you can only shoot at the backed targets you cant bring your own target stand/object to shoot. He said he could fine everyone there (even if you were abiding by the rules) but he said he left and said he would be back n 15 and if everything wasnt cleaned up he was going to issue tickets. he was a dick but just doing his job I suppose.

Last edited by stlguntrader; 04-14-2011 at 02:26..
stlguntrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:33   #216
Philippe

I'm in good ole Jeffco, I'm rarely seen at any local ranges, if anything I take quick trips to some of the areas unmanned conservation owned ranges but lately I have stopped going because of the aggressive brass vultures literally hovering over me.
Philippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 15:20   #217
REA9mm
get ready

Quote:
Next IDPA match is is May 14th! I def recommend everyone to try it if you are free TONS of fun!

Keep an eye out on the website for details and you will find out the round count and stages when it comes closer

www.arpc-idpa.com
I see you traded in your 22 for the 19. Good call in my opinion. But, I've never been a fan of the .40 round. Gimme a 9mm or a forty five.

This match sounds like fun! Any idea what the cost to enter is? Also, am I gonna look stupid as a beginner? I mean, I can shoot decent, but I have only been to the range once so far this year, so I would be rusty for sure.
Old 04-15-2011, 15:27   #218
pnutcar
MIZZOU TIGERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
I'm in good ole Jeffco, I'm rarely seen at any local ranges, if anything I take quick trips to some of the areas unmanned conservation owned ranges but lately I have stopped going because of the aggressive brass vultures literally hovering over me.
Thats ridiculous. I've never experienced anything like that, but have only been to a few ranges so far. They just hang out and pick up your brass while you're shooting? Cheap bastards
Old 04-16-2011, 08:10   #219
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
Unmanned ranges in Jeffco? Please do tell lol

Quote:
I see you traded in your 22 for the 19. Good call in my opinion. But, I've never been a fan of the .40 round. Gimme a 9mm or a forty five.

This match sounds like fun! Any idea what the cost to enter is? Also, am I gonna look stupid as a beginner? I mean, I can shoot decent, but I have only been to the range once so far this year, so I would be rusty for sure.
Lol ya much happier! On the match yes you would be fine...its set up for everything from beginners to experts. I mean I have only been shooting since Feb and I placed 10 out 16 so it shows wide range
Old 04-16-2011, 08:52   #220
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Oh and price is $8 plus ammo need anywhere from 100-200 rounds depending on stages
Old 04-21-2011, 13:23   #221
Philippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutcar View Post
Thats ridiculous. I've never experienced anything like that, but have only been to a few ranges so far. They just hang out and pick up your brass while you're shooting? Cheap bastards
Ohh they sure aren't shy, I had one old guy lingering around behind us pacing back and forth picking up brass as people shot! I had to run him off. Another time at the same range two old guys showed up, one walked up behind my wife and was watching her shoot, the he had the balls to put his hands on one of my shooting bags to open it and asked what she was shooting and asked if she wanted help lol. I was across the range watching closely, her reply was asking him if he'd ever been shot before lol. I seem to attract weird folks at ranges.

To the guy that asked about ranges in Jeffco, there are none other than private ranges. I was talking about conservation owned unmanned ranges like little Indian creek.
Philippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:45   #222
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Any Glock Amrors in St. Louis?????
Old 04-25-2011, 11:21   #223
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Next IDPA match at ARPC (Arnold Rifle Pistol Club) is May 14th!!!! Come check it out....right now there isn't info on the stages or how many rounds but keep an eye on the website it will be up.

http://www.arpc-idpa.com/
Old 04-26-2011, 11:26   #224
REA9mm
get ready

Quote:
Next IDPA match at ARPC (Arnold Rifle Pistol Club) is May 14th!!!! Come check it out....right now there isn't info on the stages or how many rounds but keep an eye on the website it will be up.

http://www.arpc-idpa.com/

Hey Huber, I am planning on being there! This will be my first match ever, so I'm excited. Is there anything I need to know? Anything I need to bring, other than a gun, some money, and some ammo?

You gonna be shooting your 19? I think that's what I will bring to shoot. I'd like to shoot my 1911, but .45 ammo is a little pricey.
Old 04-26-2011, 14:14   #225
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

REA9mm awesome man...This will be my second!

You need a couple things:

1. Register for the email blasts on the website.....Couple days before they send out the code to get into the gate. With out it you can't get in. (which if you want to meet before hand you can follow me in and park)

2. Bring gun, eyes/ears, holster, mag holster (if you have one), 3 mags, last time was about 100 rounds but it ranges on the stages so about 100-150 rounds in case you have extras you have to fire, and finally a cover item (vest, bigger shirt, jacket (wouldn't recommend since it will be warm I am sure)

I recommend getting there early and helping set up cause then you get to shoot for $4!!!! Plus you get to see the course and get fimiliar with it. We can be in the same squad if you want!?!?!

Basically when you register you pick a squad and shoot with them all day and in order.

Yes I am shooting my Glock 19