SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-28-2009, 23:31   #121
MidwestKimber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtroutbum View Post
Anyone ever see BreakFree LP around St. Louis? I can get CLP, Powder blast, and bore cleaner but cant seem to find LP anywhere.
Did you call other places? Try TopGuns in Imperial, Dunns in Pevely, Denny Dennis in Fenton or MidAmerica Arms on Gravois rd in Afton.

Not a lot of gun shops in North County or in the City. I consider those places ghetto, and anti gun. Obama won most of the votes in North County.

Cabelas is located in Hazelwood. However Hazelwood police are very anti gun and their chief when ccw first came out instructed his officers to confinscate any firearm for balistic evidence. I refuse to spend any money in Hazelwood.
MidwestKimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 23:37   #122
jjtroutbum
Armedflyfishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestKimber View Post
Did you call other places? Try TopGuns in Imperial, Dunns in Pevely, Denny Dennis in Fenton or MidAmerica Arms on Gravois rd in Afton.

Been to all at one time or another believe I have checked but If you get by and see som let me know

Not a lot of gun shops in North County or in the City. I consider those places ghetto, and anti gun. Obama won most of the votes in North County.

Pretty broad generalization. I would not know tho.

Cabelas is located in Hazelwood. However Hazelwood police are very anti gun and their chief when ccw first came out instructed his officers to confinscate any firearm for balistic evidence. I refuse to spend any money in Hazelwood.

Ya I knew that and believe he has gotten sued since. I am from JC and my sheriff joined the truth squad. Freaking POS I will donate time and money against him
See response above
Old 05-29-2009, 00:44   #123
MidwestKimber

Quote:
See response above
If you're looking for a sight pusher I havent see any for sale. However Topgun might have one. if I recall they are a Glock Armor.

You can also call MidAmerica and see. A few years ago I bought a G34 and wanted to change the sights. I took it ti MidAmerica and one of the owners installed my new sights for free. I didnt even buy the gun or sights for him.

Just suggesting that so if you dont want to spend the money for a sight tool you could try a couple gun shops, see if they will do it.

Do you know who Otto is in Afton? He's a gunsmith, probably the best in the Midwest, maybe one of the better ones in the nation.

Im not sure of his prices though, but he does great work.
MidwestKimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 18:34   #124
AK47Man
Expert Marksman

North STL County here. Grew up in South STL City. Former Ford Hazelwood worker. I buy, trade, and sell all of my gun business with Mike's Guns in Saint Charles. Cabela's did have tons of pistol ammo. Now its all gone and when its in stock there is a 2 box limit. But I did buy quite a few boxes of MagTech 9mm, 40 and 45ACP there before the big ammo rush. Cant find ANY SKS/AK ammo anywhere except online. I did buy my Glock 21SF at Cabela's on sale about year ago. Couldnt pass up the price.

Mike's Guns also sells Meprolight night sights for Glocks for around $80.00 tax included and he installs them for free. Does a damn good job too!
Ruger LCP Ruger Mark III 22/45
Ruger 10/22 Stainless Henry 22Mag Frontier Octagon
AK47Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:05   #125
Mattog22

Did anyone go to the Machinist Hall gunshow this weekend? I couldn't make it and was wondering what the ammo supplies looked like there. How much for 9mm, .40, and .45
Mattog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 18:46   #126
Nidob

It was right near my work, but I choose to go to the range instead of the show. I belive a couple guys in the warehouse went, I will ask them what was there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

"Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"
Entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily.
Nidob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 22:39   #127
mister happy
Lefty

Good gunsmith?

Hi - I just bought my first AR-15 and a good sling, and, as a lefty, need to move the sling swivel from the left side to the right side.

It requires tapping out two roll pins. The Brownell site has a video (!) of roll pin tools (three of 'em) that I don't have.

I figured it'd be cheaper to take it to a gunsmith to have it done (and to check out the weapon before use).

I live in the Ballwin area, and work up near the airport.
mister happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 20:57   #128
srothman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister happy View Post
Hi - I just bought my first AR-15 and a good sling, and, as a lefty, need to move the sling swivel from the left side to the right side.

It requires tapping out two roll pins. The Brownell site has a video (!) of roll pin tools (three of 'em) that I don't have.

I figured it'd be cheaper to take it to a gunsmith to have it done (and to check out the weapon before use).

I live in the Ballwin area, and work up near the airport.
Only two in the area I would trust,
One is Paul @ Redbrick, and the other is Otto @ OttoComp.

Let me know if you need contact information for them? The best way is to send me an email (it is in my profile).
srothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:08   #129
MoCop

I second the reccomendation for Otto Comp. He does great work and is good people. Plus, he lives in the Afton area, I believe. I used to work out in the Ballwin area. Nice little community.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:05   #130
Hi Ball
Hi Ball

I guess I am the new kid on the block! We live out 65 miles from St. Louis near a little town called Gerald M0. I will be Going picking up my 5th GLOCK in a couple days. It is a Glock 22 in the .40S&W caliber.

The wife has recently received her CCW permit and we both enjoy shooting our pistols . She also shoots a Glock 17 for practice and a Glock 26 for her carry gun, using Cor-Bon ammo at 1350fps.

Last edited by Hi Ball; 07-14-2009 at 12:08..
Hi Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 13:30   #131
mister happy
Lefty

Thanks - I've taken my Glock 19, my AR-15, and my S&W 340PD to Otto and he's made each one better. If I have a 1911 made, it'll be made by Otto.
Old 12-25-2009, 16:48   #132
DeltaBravo

I'm from O'Fallon/St. Peters/St. Charles area. I shoot at Bullseye LLC indoor range and gun shop. It's down on Manchester right behind the Science Center. Easy to get to now that I64/40 is open now.
DeltaBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 16:57   #133
jjtroutbum
Armedflyfishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBravo View Post
I'm from O'Fallon/St. Peters/St. Charles area. I shoot at Bullseye LLC indoor range and gun shop. It's down on Manchester right behind the Science Center. Easy to get to now that I64/40 is open now.
Welcome to Glock Talk and Merry Christmas
Old 12-25-2009, 16:58   #134
DeltaBravo

Quote:
Welcome to Glock Talk and Merry Christmas
Much thanks. To you all as well.
Old 12-25-2009, 18:13   #135
AK47Man
Expert Marksman

I grew up in South St Louis city. Graduated from Cleveland High 1977. Live in North County now. I work in the O'fallon-Weldon Spring area. I shoot at Jay Henges and at Bullseye. Do most of my gun shopping at either Mike's Guns in Saint Charles or Cabela's in Hazelwood.
Ruger LCP Ruger Mark III 22/45
Ruger 10/22 Stainless Henry 22Mag Frontier Octagon
AK47Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 23:18   #136
DeltaBravo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47Man View Post
I grew up in South St Louis city. Graduated from Cleveland High 1977. Live in North County now. I work in the O'fallon-Weldon Spring area. I shoot at Jay Henges and at Bullseye. Do most of my gun shopping at either Mike's Guns in Saint Charles or Cabela's in Hazelwood.
Bought my HK from that Cabelas and my G23 at Nassau sporting goods over off the south outer road between cave springs and zuhmbel. Mikes is great too.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:15   #137
REA9mm
get ready

Send a message via AIM to REA9mm Send a message via Skype™ to REA9mm
Well, I figure this is a good spot for my first post. I am living in South City currently, by Carondelet Park. Just purchased my first gun ever a couple of weeks ago. I went with a Glock 19 based on the reputation of Glock and the availability of the 9mm round. I have been doing my shooting at Top Gun in Imperial, MO and so far am really enjoying it. I would like to get my CCL but I need to give my wife some more time to warm up to the idea of me carrying. She has been to the range with me, but she is still a bit fearful of firearms.

Looks like you guys have a great community here, I am happy to be a part of it.

REA9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:59   #138
jjtroutbum
Armedflyfishing

REA9mm

Sounds like your making good choices in weapons and ranges. Top Gun in my experience is a class act. Don't be too pushy but trying to keep her shooting in a safe and relaxed but fun atmosphere is paramount to converting her completely from the dark (fearful)side.

IMHO, Carrying is a personal choice make it for yourself.

Welcome to glock talk
Old 03-04-2010, 12:43   #139
mister happy
Lefty

Quote:
Originally Posted by REA9mm View Post
...Just purchased my first gun ever a couple of weeks ago. I went with a Glock 19 based on the reputation of Glock and the availability of the 9mm round. ...
Please consider IDPA - the International Defensive Pistol Association. I use my G19 for it. It's the next step after punching holes in paper - shooting defensive scenarios for time and accuracy while moving and reloading - real world defensive shooting.

Arnold Rifle and Pistol Club hosts IDPA and newbies are always welcome (I'm one, having shot only a couple of times). Go to www.arpc-idpa.com to check it out. We're having a fun shoot this Saturday 3/6/10, starting around noon. This is a great time to start.
Old 05-09-2010, 19:31   #140
heehaw

Hi guys, I'm close to the st.louis area. anyone interested in having a GT day at the range?
heehaw is offline   Reply With Quote