Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-31-2014, 16:44   #1041
Witace12

i have collected 11 pistols over the last 8 years and never gave a thought to getting a ccw. that was until about 3 weeks ago when my son was born. just took the ccw class today and will be heading down to the local pd to turn in the paper work tommorrow.

for some reason i never thought much about my safety but protecting my new family is now on the top of my list
Old 10-31-2014, 17:50   #1042
itsnitro
Got Sig?

Send a message via AIM to itsnitro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witace12 View Post
i have collected 11 pistols over the last 8 years and never gave a thought to getting a ccw. that was until about 3 weeks ago when my son was born. just took the ccw class today and will be heading down to the local pd to turn in the paper work tommorrow.

for some reason i never thought much about my safety but protecting my new family is now on the top of my list
Congratulations on becoming a new dad! Best feeling in the world.
Glock 26 - Sub Club #7797
Sig P226 - Sig Club #7797
Florida Glockers #7797
itsnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 14:38   #1043
Glock Dive Buddy

3 Reasons:
1. I live in Florida and heard too many stories about looters and gangs taking over when the cops just can't be there.
2. I was walking my dog in the park, on a back trail and my dog notified me of 2 punks hiding in the bushes within striking distance. I would never have gotten away except for the fact they apparently decided I was not the easy target they wanted.
3. ATM at night. I needed cash and something in my head said something is wrong, so I quickly returned to my car. As soon as I locked the door and spun the key some big goon rushed at me hiding something behind his back. I hit the gas and he was only about 3 feet away....
4. 0ne more- piling on. You guys are all right in saying we are responsible for our own safety, the cops can't be everywhere and if they could they would arrive in time to call for clean up of the body...
Glock Dive Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote