Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:48   #681
beforeobamabans
FYPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelderX View Post
My defining moment...

It got cold one day and I put a jacket on which covered the gun.
GREAT POST!!!

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." Ben Franklin
beforeobamabans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 21:04   #682
Wizz

Because it allows me to do mag dumps behind the local Wally World.
Wizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 14:12   #683
Magnolia

A gun saved my life.

Since I was about four years old my father beat me until I was bloody. I never knew when it was coming because it was based on his 'mood' not on any behavior on my part. One night he ripped my shirt off of me and started punching me in the face. I was 12 years old and about 100 pounds. He was 6 foot 3 inches and about 225 pounds. He was screaming crazy stuff and I was afraid that this time I would die. I grabbed his loaded 30-30 and put it in his face and told him that if he touched me again I was going to kill him. He never touched me again. Lesson. Guns save lives.

Last edited by Magnolia; 11-16-2009 at 14:14..
Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 17:27   #684
pizza_pablo
USN Retired

Gonna git a G23!

Fall 2008: Obama had a head of steam.
Fall 2008: Became an NRA Life member to help the "fight".
Fall 2008-09: Got mad and inspired reading "America's 1st Freedom".
Fall 2009: finally got around to learning the criteria and process of obtaining a "Concealed Pistol License" in the state of Washington.
I should be receiving it this week, for self defense but mainly because
ITS MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT!
pizza_pablo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:58   #685
Eekamouse01

I hate the 25000 character limit...

Military brat – 1983, RAF decided to launch multiple suicide assaults against US military stationed in (W) Germany. One of three was shot and killed in the concertina wire, after breaching the dog run and outside perimeter fence with two others. Second of the three was inside the perimeter when he too was shot and killed. Third terrorist hugged himself to the housing unit where a general lived and detonated himself, taking out a good portion of the corner of the building. Luckily, neither the officer nor his family were home when this occurred. That same year, while living off-the-economy, local motor scooter/motorcycle members were warring with the group from the next town and multiple semi- and fully-automatic weapons were used between the two groups to minimize the opposing group members. Locals, unaffiliated with the groups/gangs, civilians in the wrong place/wrong time, were also mowed down. Polizei responded, but the dead didn’t talk. People were afraid to walk the streets at night; the Polizei enforced a curfew in town; and teens, like me, had few options on what we could do for entertainment (we got creative but that’s another story). The Wall was still up, the Iron Curtain was a fact, and military and their family members were being kidnapped while going to and coming from work/school. Reagan was in office and the US Military presence was strong in Europe (as compared to now – mere skeleton units in comparison to the ‘80’s). We would be downtown in Kaiserslautern when people, Turks, Germans, Americans, Israelis, etc..., would start arguing and then pull a gun, shots would ring out, and blood would spill. The area was instantly a ‘red-light’ area and any US personnel, military or dependants, caught in the area, were severely rebuked…I learned to blend with the locals and speak their language with an accent.

Fast-forward to 1987-88 in the northern area of The People’s Republik of Kalifornia: I lived half a block from where I worked, and the neighborhood had gone from okay to ghetto, with the influx of crack (a new drug at that time) as well as coke, hash, pot and the assorted myriad of hallucinogenics, uppers and downers. Working 2300-0700 at 7-11, I got to meet the locals up close and personal. To make a longer story shorter, I was subpoenaed 13-times in 12-months to testify against people charged with petty theft to attempted armed robbery (amazing things happen when you realize someone is pointing an empty revolver in your face saying he is going to kill you). After being told multiple times, in court, by the accused, “I am going to kill you,” I knew my safe days were numbered. I moved to Santa Cruz, 2-months before the Loma Prieta Earthquake hit, when, in seconds, the historical town was decimated and became a lawless city. People, like my roommate and I, established armed roving guards, protecting our neighbors and us. The police were too busy with crowd and looting control to worry about the local denizens. Margaret, the 86-yo lady across the street was being burgled when we went to check on her. The burglar, armed with a long wicked knife, wet his pants and fled when given the opportunity to vacate the premises…I guess looking down the business end of a Marlin .30-30 might change a person’s demeanor.

From 1996 to 2009, I proudly served in the US Army, in the USA, S. Korea, Germany, Kurdistan and Iraq. I was trained as the unit armorer, and earned my sharpshooter badge in the M16 and expert in grenades and the M9. I have had too many people vow to kill me, and many have tried. I have been in 24 countries and realize this is a very tiny world. One day, someone who does not like me may find me again. I applied for and attained my CCW and carry either a Glock 26 or 17C, daily. I sleep with it, I shower with, I eat with it, I just don’t party with it, because I respect others and have overcome too many obstacles and challenges to throw my life, my security clearance, and my right to bear arms, away for good.
<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CBret%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><link rel="Preview" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CBret%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_preview.wmf"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:DocumentProperties> <o:Version>12.00</o:Version> </o:DocumentProperties> </xml><![endif]--><link rel="themeData" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CBret%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><link rel="colorSchemeMapping" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CBret%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]-->I have killed people and had friends die, while defending the rights of the US Citizen and the Constitution. Remember: Freedom is not Free.

"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Eekamouse01; 11-18-2009 at 07:29.. Reason: readability
Eekamouse01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:19   #686
Larry V

Send a message via Yahoo to Larry V
My father was a Cleveland Policeman . We were introduced to guns at an early age. Unfortunately today, Crime from the inner city of Cleveland is spilling over into the suburbs so one has to protect their family!
Larry V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:02   #687
HighwayStarPP
bang bang bang

paranoia and the great state of florida going to complete ****
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
HighwayStarPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 14:46   #688
hd-chopper

I was in my mid-twenty's and living right outside New Orleans at the time and carjacking was starting to become a regular occurrance. Suddenly I began to feel vunerable. I fixed that by changing my mind-set and carrying my G23 to defend myself if necessary.

Last edited by hd-chopper; 11-30-2009 at 08:36..
hd-chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:10   #689
Ak_Shooter1987

For me it was just natural I guess. Growing up there was never any hunting but my dad always had a 45 Colt next to the bed and a few rifles from when he was younger. I grew up loving shooting and did so with my dad and brothers as often as possible. Then the day I turned 18 I exercised my right given to me by the brave men and women who have fought and died for my constitutional rights to go buy a 12ga shotgun for home defense. Being a minor though I could not own a pistol so I had to wait another three HORRIBLE years!!! Which I spent learning the self-defense laws and rules of my state and practiced shooting my brothers colt 1911. Then the day came back in March of 2008 I got my first pistol. I live in Alaska and up here there is no requirement for a CCL so I walked out of the store with a holster for my new pistol loaded it when I got in my truck and put that gun in my holster! I have never gone anywhere without my pistol since and have also gone from one pistol to six as of now. Hopefully that number will keep going up.
Since the day I first put my gun in my holster I have had to pull it twice and thankfully never shoot it. Both times the drawing of my gun was enough to make the would be attackers run.
Ak_Shooter1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 21:28   #690
Jonmule

Better to be judged by a jury of 12 than carried by 6. I live in a rural area and the local Sherriff can't keep up with all of the drug related activities.
Jonmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 22:05   #691
tedwhite

AK Shooter, it's a given that the 1911 will always earn bad guys' respect. Although, so will a snubbie, especially when it's up close and clearly personal.
tedwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 17:29   #692
EAGLESFANPHILA

My defining moment occurred because more than 1 person was robbed at gun point when I lived in an apartment complex. After the 2nd incident I bought my first Glock, and applied for my carry permit shortly afterwards.
EAGLESFANPHILA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 17:30   #693
EAGLESFANPHILA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmule View Post
Better to be judged by a jury of 12 than carried by 6. I live in a rural area and the local Sherriff can't keep up with all of the drug related activities.
I live in West Philadelphia. The city's crime rate speaks for itself. There's definitely enough nuts to go around. I'm not going anywhere without carrying in this city.
EAGLESFANPHILA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 22:41   #694
KT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockRock19 View Post

However,

the growing trend is to shoot people anyway even after they give up what the perps want.

This has been happening a lot in S. E. Mich with carjackings.
This is the reason that I am prepared to fight for mine and my family's lifes. I live in Knoxville, TN and a few years a young couple was robbed, kidnapped, raped and killed.

I would rather go out shooting then to have this happen to wife, either daughter or myself.
KT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 18:10   #695
zoics_g32

wrong coz

My poor cousin was gone down by a coward in the philippines on a road rage incident - he's lucky he had not pick the right coz.

I started to carry to protect myself from snots like him.
zoics_g32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 17:38   #696
BlutoBlutarsky

No real defining moment, I was raised around firearms. I was given my first firearm at eight and grew up in the days when half the kids in the school had gunracks and a rifle hanging in their truck in the school parking lot. When I was in college working third shift in south Memphis, on the advice of a local leo, I started carrying as did all the guys I worked with. When the "shall issue" laws came around I got mine to keep things legal. Can't remember not having one with me.

Last edited by BlutoBlutarsky; 12-11-2009 at 17:40..
BlutoBlutarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:56   #697
gate500gr

1999 1212

Last edited by gate500gr; 08-28-2013 at 04:09..
gate500gr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 19:28   #698
Uncle Mark
Bitter American

After the Brady bill, I found out I couldn't pass a background check to purchase firearms because of identity theft. The best way I knew to clear my name was to get a CCW permit. It worked great in AZ because that's all you needed to buy and walk out with firearms. KY was a different story until a couple of years ago.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:39   #699
Six Feet Under

Send a message via AIM to Six Feet Under
I decided to carry a long time ago. When I turned 18, I kept a gun in my car everywhere I went as that was all I could legally do. I turn 21 in about 9 months and 3 weeks and when I do I will be carrying everywhere I legally can.

Oh yeah, getting shot made me realize there's no way in hell I ever want to be in a position to fight for my life and not be able to drop that MF dead. For a few days after I got out of the hospital I was leery of the idea of running towards gunfire if necessary, but that feeling went away soon and made me decide more than ever to carry a gun whenever and wherever I legally can.
FL Glockers Club #2007

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Six Feet Under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 17:07   #700
Rolledup4s

grown up around guns my whole life. always had a gun handy somewhere. decided to get a CCW when my son was born. Wanted to legally carry anywhere I could take him and protect my family out and about, not just at home.
Rolledup4s is offline   Reply With Quote