Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-04-2014, 12:37   #1
Gary Slider

Delaware DOES NOT HONOR Virginia!!!

I have to state I donít get hot under the collar (Wanted to use different words for how upset I am but settled for Hot Under the Collar) very often but Delaware Government has helped me melt most of the snow in my yard. Delaware has again removed Virginia from the list of states they honor. It was listed for just 7 days. This is not the first time DE has done stupid stuff like this. I really should have known better. They did the same things with South Carolina few years back. Listing them then removing them and listing them again and then removing them. There was never any reciprocity between them and SC. They did it with another state that I canít remember for sure off the top of my heard. Listing them and then removing them. DE has never replied to any of my questions I have posed to them over the years.
But again DELAWARE DOES NOT HONOR VIRGINIA!!!!
http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/...dweapons.shtml
Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.
Gary Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:41   #2
md2lgyk

Since you don't seem to live in either state, why does this bother you so much?
Old 02-05-2014, 08:48   #3
Gary Slider

Because I catalog all the firearm laws of all the states for www.handgunlaw.us and I depend on states giving the correct information. Without the correct information people are at risk for getting arrested and losing their firearm rights forever because a States Top Law Enforcement Officer lists incorrect information.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:01   #4
TK-421

So if they do that so often, why not err on the side of caution and tell people to stay out of the North East?
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:01   #5
Steve83
Bronco guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
...people are at risk for getting arrested and losing their firearm rights forever...
They risk that any time they trust an unofficial website for critical information. They should be checking for themselves with their destination states' official sites.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:10   #6
Gary Slider

That is why Handgunlaw.us has the links to those state Sites. So people can check for themselves with the specific state. That is why Handgunlaw.us in most instances put the Alpha/Numeric Code for the statute along with links to the statutes so people can read it for themselves. When Delaware's AG Site is putting out incorrect information who can you trust.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:26   #7
BamaBud
NRA Life Member

You realize the Delaware AG is Beau Biden, son of Joe Biden.

Think he's anti-gun?

NRA Life Member
BamaBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 13:58   #8
4Rules

Handgunlaw.us is the best legal resource available, and I check it (for review, and for updates) regularly. Unfortunately, it's existence and it's value to the firearms community is not yet known to all of the legal mavens of Glocktalk.
Thank you for staying on top of things, Mr. Slyder.
4Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 14:04   #9
hunter 111

Yes Mr Slider keep up the good work
Old 02-05-2014, 14:16   #10
snubfan
Giant Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
They risk that any time they trust an unofficial website for critical information. They should be checking for themselves with their destination states' official sites.
You've obviously never been to his site or read his threads. He is our reciprocity guru and his site makes travel plans with a firearm much easier to accomplish.

Last edited by snubfan; 02-05-2014 at 14:19..
snubfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 15:18   #11
Nest

Awesome, and thank for the website. I always use it as an initial reference when I travel to a state that I am unsure of.
Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 17:51   #12
jfost11

First of all, thank you. I usually check on handgunlaw.us quite frequently. Calling it helpful would be an understatement and it is much appreciated.

With that being said, I haven't been on there since the notification that DE was going to drop VA a short time ago. I was not aware they ever reported to have accepted us again or were ever planning to. Sounds like a bunch of idiots up there.
jfost11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 18:01   #13
harrygunner

Quote:
Since you don't seem to live in either state, why does this bother you so much?
Speaking for myself, switching back and forth is further insult to the Second Amendment. Such states need to ask the question: "Do our policies improve public safety?". All the changes I've seen have no positive effect.

Thank you Gary, once again.
Old 02-05-2014, 19:05   #14
Navitimer

Thanks Gary for your hard work - great site - I've referenced it many times. Keep up the great work!
Navitimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 19:48   #15
Pwhfirefighter

The site makes it very easy to research the laws of the state to which you will be traveling. And the legal disclaimer to do your own research is definitely posted.

Thanks for working to keep the info up to date, Gary!!
Pwhfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 19:59   #16
ICARRY2
NRA Life Member

I always check HANDGUNLAW.US and USACARRY.ORG for information. Both sites are very good about being updated with the current laws. And both websites provide links to the government website to verify the law for yourself. It is always the responsibility of the gun owner to verify information for themselves to avoid any legal issues.

Last edited by ICARRY2; 02-05-2014 at 20:01..
ICARRY2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 19:46   #17
JuneyBooney

Quote:
I have to state I donít get hot under the collar (Wanted to use different words for how upset I am but settled for Hot Under the Collar) very often but Delaware Government has helped me melt most of the snow in my yard. Delaware has again removed Virginia from the list of states they honor. It was listed for just 7 days. This is not the first time DE has done stupid stuff like this. I really should have known better. They did the same things with South Carolina few years back. Listing them then removing them and listing them again and then removing them. There was never any reciprocity between them and SC. They did it with another state that I canít remember for sure off the top of my heard. Listing them and then removing them. DE has never replied to any of my questions I have posed to them over the years.
But again DELAWARE DOES NOT HONOR VIRGINIA!!!!
http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/...dweapons.shtml
Thanks Gary. Your site is very well maintained and up to date. I am sure all other people appreciate your forthrightness and constant vigilance.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 00:38   #18
Steve83
Bronco guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by snubfan View Post
You've obviously never been to his site...
I obviously didn't need to just to make the statement I made. I'm sure his work on his website is outstanding, but that's not relevant to what I posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICARRY2 View Post
...USACARRY.ORG...
Can anyone explain why the map (after clicking TN) on this page:
http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_ca...city_maps.html
...is different from the one on this page (pretty far down)?
http://www.usacarry.com/tennessee_co...formation.html
Since TN only issues to residents, why would the yellow states make any distinction?

Last edited by Steve83; 02-07-2014 at 01:14..
Steve83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:18   #19
Gary Slider

Because TN does issue non resident permit/licenses.

39-17-1351. Handgun Carry Permits (C) (i) If a person who is a resident of and handgun permit holder in another state is employed in this state on a regular basis and desires to carry a handgun in this state, the person shall have six (6) months from the last day of the sixth month of regular employment in this state to obtain a Tennessee handgun carry permit. The permit may be issued based on the person having a permit from another state provided the other state has substantially similar permit eligibility requirements as this state. However, if during the six-month period the person applies for a handgun permit in this state and the application is denied, the person shall not be allowed to carry a handgun in this state based upon the other state's permit. (ii) The provisions of this subdivision (r)(3)(C) shall not apply if the state of residence of the person employed in Tennessee has entered into a handgun permit reciprocity agreement with this state pursuant to this subsection (r). (iii) As used in this subdivision (r)(3)(C), “employed in this state on a regular basis” means a person has been gainfully employed in this state for at least thirty (30) hours a week for six (6) consecutive months not counting any absence from employment caused by the employee's use of sick leave, annual leave, administrative leave or compensatory time.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:16   #20
railfancwb

It appears to be http://www.usacarry.com/ rather than usacarry.org...

Why do states unconditionally honor drivers licenses issued by any other state but fail to do the same for carry permits? Carry permit requirements are not uniform throughout all states, but neither are drivers license requirements.

"Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_..._Credit_Clause

This was the clause which made Nevada divorced so popular and practical for couples who could afford them.

If it hasn't already, the same sex marriage issue is going to become involved with this clause of the Constitution. And it looks as though polygamy will follow suit.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-07-2014, 09:32   #21
captcurly

Gary, I live in DE and have held a CCW Permit since 1995. I also hold a LEOSA/HR218 card. At my last qualification the instructor informed us that DE dropped VA because of their requirements. I cannot remember the exact reason or reasons but if you contact DE State Senator David Lawson he can give you the exact reason. Lawson is very pro 2nd Amendment and retired LEO. I do not have his email adr but you can find on the state web page. Remember Beau Biden's (AG) is Joe Biden's son and you know their anti gun agenda. DE is now controlled by the liberal left and it use to be a very friendly gun state. If I could move I would do so. Sorry I could not give you Lawson's email adr. Regards to all at GT.

It is all about shot placement.
captcurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:25   #22
Steve83
Bronco guru

Quote:
Because TN does issue non resident permit/licenses.
OK Thanks. That site indicates TN is a "shall issue to residents only" state, on BOTH maps. I tried to use yours, but your PDF setup caused my browser to lock (or slow down significantly) and try to open a new window (not just tab) each time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by railfancwb View Post
It appears to be http://www.usacarry.com/ rather than usacarry.org.
I noticed that, but I initially typed .ORG, and it redirected to .COM. Try it.
http://www.usacarry.org/
Quote:
Why do states unconditionally honor drivers licenses issued by any other state but fail to do the same for carry permits?
Probably because the USDOT requires them to, in order to receive federal highway money. The "full faith & credit" clause doesn't really apply since I'm sure DE will honor your VA permit as long as you stay in VA. But for the same reasons that DE doesn't have to honor a VA business license or building permit, it doesn't have to honor out-of-state carry permits. The permit is to do something IN the issuing state; it's pure courtesty that any state honors any other's.
Quote:
And it looks as though polygamy will follow suit.
You got plans?

Last edited by Steve83; 02-07-2014 at 10:25..
Steve83 is offline   Reply With Quote