GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds GT Store Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-14-2015, 14:19   #1
Bluefish7

Is there a Kydex equivalent of the Mitch Rosen Upper Limit holster?

I've been looking at straight-drop, high-ride OWB pancake style holsters for a Glock 26 and really like the Mitch Rosen Upper Limit...I like the profile of it and the way the bottom of the holster is almost in line with the bottom of the belt...but I want Kydex instead of leather. I know there are a lot of Kydex holsters that are adjustable to ride either high or low, but from what I can tell by looking at them (online) they still don't seem to ride as high as the Upper Limit...they still ride somewhat below the belt line which I am trying to avoid.

The closest thing I've found is this by FIST:
http://www.fist-holsters.com/novoerf...26-detail.html

And this one from Alabama Holster seems pretty close:
http://www.alabamaholster.com/product/the-flapjack/

Anyone familiar with FIST or Alabama holsters in general, and these two holsters in particular?

What about JM Custom or K Rounds?

Can anyone recommend any other Kydex OWB holsters specifically made for high-ride?

Also, how does a Kydex body/sweat shield feel against bare skin if you don't wear an undershirt?

I'm looking for an OWB set up that can be worn in the summer with just an untucked t-shirt.

Thank you!
Bluefish7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 14:44   #2
wewing1

Check out X-Concealment holsters. I love my UPL's for the shield and G26/27 and also have an X-Concealment for both but the Rosen get the most use.
X-concealment makes an extremely high quality holster. As an added bonus if you get it with an open(un-contoured) bottom it will carry any standard frame Glock

http://www.flccw.com/X-Concealment/i...roducts_id=190

Last edited by wewing1; 03-14-2015 at 14:51..
wewing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 15:53   #3
Bluefish7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wewing1 View Post
Check out X-Concealment holsters. I love my UPL's for the shield and G26/27 and also have an X-Concealment for both but the Rosen get the most use.
X-concealment makes an extremely high quality holster. As an added bonus if you get it with an open(un-contoured) bottom it will carry any standard frame Glock

http://www.flccw.com/X-Concealment/i...roducts_id=190
Yes, I've looked at those before...but they don't look they would ride as high as the Upper Limit...at least not from the photos on their website. It looks like they would hang well below the belt line. How do they compare to the Upper Limit? Do you have photos you can post?
Bluefish7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 16:18   #4
wewing1

The main photo looks like it fits the 19/23, I believe their gallery has a photo of one for the 26/27.
In any case I stacked the UPL and x-con. on top of each other, running my belt through the loops on both holsters to make sure they were properly aligned and it looks like the bottom of the x-con. might hang 1/8-3/16 lower then the UPL. I got the same results when I compared the two holsters made to fit the Shield. Hope this helps.
I will say this and that is the UPL is a more comfortable holster and that has nothing to do the small difference in ride height. I think it just fits and feels better on the belt, especially when wearing the Shield, which is my primary carry for the last 9 months or so.

Last edited by wewing1; 03-14-2015 at 16:21..
wewing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 16:50   #5
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
I have the Alabama Holster Co holster but it is for my Sig P225/P6.

If you order one from them, they might be able to make the loops a little lower if needed.