GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-05-2014, 19:04   #1
myates3

EDC lights that donít break the bank to carry everyday !!!

Hey just thought I would share a few words and pics of the EDC lights I currently carry.

Take a look: http://allthingstactical.wordpress.c...arry-everyday/

Please feel free to move this to the correct forum as I couldn't figure out where it belonged believe me I tried.

Thanks,

Mike
myates3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 19:18   #2
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

They don't look bad but I'll stick to my Surefire lights. I hardly think the prices on most Surefire lights break the bank and the quality you get with them is worth every penny that you pay.

There isn't anything wrong with saving a buck but I really would hate my light to fail me when I would need it most. I'm not saying Surefire's don't break but there is a reason they have the reputation and following they do.

Just some food for thought.
Old 02-05-2014, 19:46   #3
RayB
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
They don't look bad but I'll stick to my Surefire lights. I hardly think the prices on most Surefire lights break the bank and the quality you get with them is worth every penny that you pay.

There isn't anything wrong with saving a buck but I really would hate my light to fail me when I would need it most. I'm not saying Surefire's don't break but there is a reason they have the reputation and following they do.

Just some food for thought.

That could be why their rival company, Mightfire, failed so quickly...

I've got two SureFires, and one Insight, and they're great

But I'm really liking this crazy-bright Fenix PD35 of mine:

http://www.fenixoutfitters.com/fenix...ed-flashlight/

We use this Fenix LD41 (uses AA batteries) as the general household flashlight:

http://www.fenixoutfitters.com/fenix...ht-680-lumens/

I've given three Fenix lights as gifts, and am still getting thank you's! Use code APP10 for an additional 10% off.

Fenix Outfitters is a first-rate vendor too!

--Ray
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 19:51   #4
RayB
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myates3 View Post
Hey just thought I would share a few words and pics of the EDC lights I currently carry.

Take a look: http://allthingstactical.wordpress.c...arry-everyday/

Please feel free to move this to the correct forum as I couldn't figure out where it belonged believe me I tried.

Thanks,

Mike

Always interested in what's out there! Thanks!

--Ray
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 21:24   #5
vmann
Controller

I like streamlight

U.S. ARMY
vmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 22:28   #6
9jeeps
Fogey

Back in the day we called em , six cells, They had a multitude of purposes. Also inexpensive.
9jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 22:31   #7
Captain Skippy
The Old Bull

Fenix and Olight make decent stuff. I have the sure fires and streamlights on my weapons but carry a fenix PD20 in my pocket 100% of the time. It's been around the world with me several times. TSA has never said anything.
Old 02-05-2014, 22:52   #8
GEN3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Skippy View Post
Fenix and Olight make decent stuff. I have the sure fires and streamlights on my weapons but carry a fenix PD20 in my pocket 100% of the time. It's been around the world with me several times. TSA has never said anything.
+1 on the PD20. Been carrying mine everyday for 2 years without any problems.
GEN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 22:56   #9
xmanhockey7

I love my Streamlight Microstream. It's tiny, weighs next to nothing, and costs like $20. Oh and it's fairly bright for it's size. Indoors it'll light up a room and outdoors it still does fairly well.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:16   #10
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor

I have Surefire's everywhere. Truck, various drawers, workbench, gun bench, desk, bike, etc., and TLR-1HL's on my sidearms when appropriate. They're not that expensive, they're bright, and they always work.

Last edited by Bill Lumberg; 02-06-2014 at 04:17..
Bill Lumberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:30   #11
Roger1079

I have had a Surefire LX2 which I recently retired from daily carry for a Surefire E2D. Honestly, I can't really tell the difference between the 200 lumen LX2 and the 500 lumen E2D, but I was happy to have a light that you didn't have to twist the rear cap of to stay on. Neither light has ever given me an issue except for a broken clip on my LX2 which they replaced with no questions asked and cost in the $150ish range for each with my discount.

My rifle has a TLR-1 by Streamlight which has also never given me an issue.
Roger1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:32   #12
vmann
Controller

I carry the stream light protac 1L....I also have the 2L for the home

U.S. ARMY
vmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:53   #13
gunsup

For me the streamlight protac 2L
gunsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:13   #14
collim1
Shower Time!

I have a Surefire E2e and 6P but I have been carrying a Maglite Solitaire LED for several months now. It rides in the accessory pocket in my Leatherman tool pouch and doesn't take up any space in my pocket.

Its not all that bright, but more than enough for most tasks in the dark. I can also hold it in my teeth fairly easily, but I keep a headlamp in the truck for changing a tire or similar tasks.
collim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:26   #15
1canvas

I have Surefires but the last one was a Fenix and its been great. if I was to get another one it would be a Fenix.
Old 02-06-2014, 20:50   #16
myglockisa23

I have a Fenix TK10 and Tk11, both work great.... I would buy another...
Old 02-06-2014, 23:27   #17
fuzzy03cls

Fenix PD20 for 2 years...Then the newer PD22 for the last 2 years...I'm very pleased & I carry the PD22 everywhere I go
fuzzy03cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 23:49   #18
Maine1

4 Sevens lights are my EDC. I say "Lights" but i only have one. The battery life is great, LED is bright, and is better than my surefire at half the price. my SF light sits in the gunsafe by the bed, where its delicate ass can be protected. Granted, its an incandecent light, but having a light that would not last ONE 12 hour shift without needing a $17 bulb or a battery change is BS. Drp it, ot it gets slammed into a wall in an altercation? replace bulb. Use it for 15 min checks over a 12 HR shift? replace batteries. I also have had a Britestrike fail as well. The 4 sevens held up, and when i LOST my first light, i bought another.
Maine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 14:05   #19
Hugo R
Gaff G26 User!

I too carry multiple lights. On my person I carry a cheapo Surefire G2Nitrolon. I bought six of them a while back and put them all over my house and cars and carry one.

I have an Surefire E2D LED Defender I carry on my tac vest when I hit the mean streets, and an EB2 Backup as a...backup. I have a X200 on my G17L.

I have a Streamlight Nightfighter X that is super bright and I carry it as a back up in plain clothes and in my work car. It is one of my favorite go to's in super dark areas.

I forget the model number but I have a Blackhawk light that has three settings. One is straight on full beam. One that dims or brightens when you hold the button down and one is a stobe. I think it was the first strobe light that went on the market. I still use it as a HD light.

On my 3rd Gen G17 I have a Streamlight TLR-1s.

I don't think any of these lights would "break the bank" but as always you get what you pay for. I think Home Depot and even Walmart have some lights that have a high lumen ouput and are very affordable. I can't vouch for their quality though.

OP: good luck on your search!

HR
Old 02-07-2014, 14:06   #20
ferretray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine1 View Post
4 Sevens lights are my EDC. I say "Lights" but i only have one. The battery life is great, LED is bright, and is better than my surefire at half the price. my SF light sits in the gunsafe by the bed, where its delicate ass can be protected. Granted, its an incandecent light, but having a light that would not last ONE 12 hour shift without needing a $17 bulb or a battery change is BS. Drp it, ot it gets slammed into a wall in an altercation? replace bulb. Use it for 15 min checks over a 12 HR shift? replace batteries. I also have had a Britestrike fail as well. The 4 sevens held up, and when i LOST my first light, i bought another.
You might consider a Malkoff LED upgrade for that SF.
ferretray is offline   Reply With Quote