Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-09-2014, 17:40   #1
BFD175

30s Appendix Carry (Crossbreed)

I recently purchased a 30s and decided to try AIWB and decided on the Crossbreed. Anyone else using this? Thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am having issues getting comfortable with it.
BFD175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:29   #2
Caver 60

Is this the one you purchased?

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/AppendixCarry.aspx

I just ordered this one last weekend for my PM9. I already have several other Crossbreed holsters. I've tried other appendix carry systems, but not been satisfied. Sorry to hear you're having issues getting comfortable with this holster.

I hope I like this new holster. From previous experience with some of their other holsters, they do take some 'breaking in' to get real comfortable. Looks like shipping time is running a little over two weeks.

I also ordered a new gun belt. My 8 year old Beltman is getting a little worn, although still serviceable. I was going to order another Beltman, but since I was ordering the new holster, I decided to save on the postage and just get the Crossbreed Belt. Hope it does as well as the Beltman.

ETA From the website "The Appendix Carry is designed for popular small to medium firearms". The 30s is sort of getting on up there in size. That might be one other reason you're having issues?

And a persons physical build can also influence the comfort of various carry systems. There's no one perfect holster for everyone. What works well for one person, might not do so well for the next guy. That's why I, and many others, have a drawer full of holsters.

And, last but not least, the old axiom: 'A firearm is supposed to be comforting, not comfortable.' Although some carry systems are a lot more comfortable than others.

Last edited by Caver 60; 07-10-2014 at 08:59..
Caver 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:55   #3
BFD175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caver 60 View Post
Is this the one you purchased?

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/AppendixCarry.aspx

I just ordered this one last weekend for my PM9. I already have several other Crossbreed holsters. I've tried other appendix carry systems, but not been satisfired. Sorry to hear you're having issues getting comfortable with this holster.

I hope I like this new holster. From previous experience with some of their other holsters, they do take some 'breaking in' to get real comfortable. Looks like shipping time is running a little over two weeks.

I also ordered a new gun belt. My 8 year old Beltman is getting a little worn, although still serviceable. I was going to order another Beltman, but since I was ordering the new holster, I decided to save on the postage and just get the Crossbreed Belt. Hope it does as well as the Beltman.
Yes that is the one that I have. I also tried raising the hook so that it would conceal deeper. However, now I feel like its to low and I can't get enough of my hand on the grip to draw properly.

I will work with it a little more.
Old 07-10-2014, 20:53   #4
Caver 60

Have you seen this thread on this forum?

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1509990
Old 07-20-2014, 21:01   #5
Caver 60

Mine arrived in yesterdays mail. But i was in the hayfield all day, so I didn't get a chance to try it on until today. So far I'm impressed. But a PM9 is rather a small pistol. And the website does say the Appendix holster is designed for the smaller pistols.

I'm still working on finding the 'sweet spot'. But so far I've found two. In the traditional appendix position, the pistol absolutely disappears and seems reasonably comfortable. In what I call the 'belly button' position (with the top of the slide just to the right of my belly button) it's the most comfortable. But it prints more.

But I think I'm going to like this holster. And I like the new Crossbreed belt that I also ordered. Although after 8 years my old heavily worn Beltman is still serviceable, just not pretty anymore.
Old Yesterday, 07:53   #6
BFD175

I have seen that thread. Im still working on getting it comfortable. It may just be that it doesn't work well for me with the 30s. Now that I own a 42, I may switch.