Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-08-2014, 23:31   #1
Cred's Cariad

G36 options...

What are good sights to run on the G36? Are there specific sights for the G36 only? Why won't sights for the other .45 Glocks fit on the G36?

Sorry if the above are dumb/ignorant questions. The G36 was one of the very 1st Glocks I had owned several years ago...Now I have one again and I want to outfit it correctly.

Also, will the Glock OEM extended slide stop/release fit the G36? If not, who makes an extended slide stop/release for the G36 (besides Rock Your Glock)?

Thanks!
Old 11-09-2014, 07:21   #2
M162

I like the Trijicon HD sights. I have them on my 36 and they work great for my older eyes.
M162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 18:45   #3
tnstaafl

I bought a used G36 a few years ago - I had a Glock Armorer look at it at a GSSF match and he replaces a few bits and parts - the gun has always been reliable for me.

With some time on my hands this week, I decided to detail strip the gun - it had an OEM extended magazine catch that I want to replace with a stock catch, and I found that it has a minus (-) connector, so I'll put a stock connector in it, too - so, I ordered a bunch of parts from Glock (I took the Armorer's course), and I'll replace the trigger spring and striker spring, etc.

Being a frugal guy, I picked up some Testor's paint and painted the rear sight fluorescent green and the front sight fluorescent orange - the paint cost me less than $5.00 - the sights are really easy to pick up - if they don't work out, I can always pick up some real sights, but these seem to work just fine for now.
tnstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote

« Member Numbers | - »