Auto 5,657 89.68%
Revolver 651 10.32%
Voters: 6308. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2011, 19:30   #1601
AngelDeville
NoHablaMexican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedubklown View Post
She'll eat anything that's not crappy reloads. Mine enjoys a steady diet of Federal 115g FMJ, or TulAmmo. Rarely WWB.
I have 115g Gold Dots in her now, I'm hoping she shoots accurately with the 147g Golden Sabers I keep in my 34.
AngelDeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 14:07   #1602
44terryberry

G-30 or G-26
44terryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 14:20   #1603
toaddad

Normally just one gun and spare ammo. Carry pieces include Glock 26/36, Sig 239, Kimber Ultra CDP II, S&W 642, Khar CW9/CW45, and S&W 908. All are light, compact and powerful enough if needed.
toaddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 13:05   #1604
Crosseyed Shooter

Ruger LCP or a Glock27
Crosseyed Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 16:34   #1605
BLau

Putting this back into rotation. I almost thought about selling her.

General Firearms Forum
Old 07-14-2011, 17:36   #1606
Veedubklown

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDeville View Post
I have 115g Gold Dots in her now, I'm hoping she shoots accurately with the 147g Golden Sabers I keep in my 34.
It'll be accurate enough to distances your going to be using it for. The 34 and the 26 are entirely different beasts of the same color. But your still not (usually, unless your Hicock45, and a real man's man) goin out 200 yards with your pistol. You won't see much difference inside 50 yards with either load on minute of bad guy. Especially when you make those distances down to less than 10 yards.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:19   #1607
dne752
Mad Catter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLau View Post
Putting this back into rotation. I almost thought about selling her.

General Firearms Forum
Barks quite a bit doesn't it? I've got a model 360.

RTN Bodyguard # 752.
Operative Opie
dne752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:21   #1608
BLau

Quote:
Originally Posted by dne752 View Post
Barks quite a bit doesn't it? I've got a model 360.
I have the 360 as well. Yes, it is a kicker. I haven't tried the .357 mag in the 360 yet. I'm sure it is punishing.
Old 07-15-2011, 21:04   #1609
mike g35

S&W 442 5 shot 38sp. +p its easily concealed and revolvers NEVER jam.
Old 07-15-2011, 21:47   #1610
DHart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike g35 View Post
Uhh... any gun can jam and sometimes do when you least expect it!

Revolvers in excellent condition with premium ammo do not often jam, but revolvers certainly can jam from any number of different causes... powder under the star, backed out primers, bullet tips improperly seated, broken hand, etc. and S&W revolvers with the internal LOCK have jammed as a result of a broken lock spring or other ILS malfunction causing the revolver to jam. While this does not happen often, it definitely can and does happen! Beware. If your S&W revo is used for defense purposes and has the ILS mechanism in it and you want to avoid ANY potential functional problems with the ILS mechanism or spring... I would recommend that you totally eliminate any possibility of the ILS causing a jam by disabling/removing the ILS mechanism. Or much better, replace the gun with a good condition pre-lock S&W.

Last edited by DHart; 07-15-2011 at 22:18..
DHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:39   #1611
boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHart View Post

Revolvers in excellent condition with premium ammo do not often jam, but revolvers certainly can jam from any number of different causes... powder under the star, backed out primers, bullet tips improperly seated, broken hand, etc. and S&W revolvers with the internal LOCK have jammed as a result of a broken lock spring or other ILS malfunction causing the revolver to jam. While this does not happen often, it definitely can and does happen! Beware. If your S&W revo is used for defense purposes and has the ILS mechanism in it and you want to avoid ANY potential functional problems with the ILS mechanism or spring... I would recommend that you totally eliminate any possibility of the ILS causing a jam by disabling/removing the ILS mechanism. Or much better, replace the gun with a good condition pre-lock S&W.
Very well said. I have found, overall, the revolver to be more reliable than the semi-auto, especially in small handguns. Now, having said that, Sig and Beretta did extremely well during the US Army trials. Where the revolver is better - the semi-auto has to be correctly cleaned and lubed. You can have a revolver sit in a safe for two years, if it was clean going in, and it will not have lube issues. A properly cleaned and lubed full size semi-auto, of good design, that is not limp wristed, can be as reliable as any high quality revolver. When we talk small semi-autos, I have not found them to be as reliable as small revolvers, such as the SP101 or the J frames. Some small Kahrs are totally reliable, but I have found some that are not. Not picking on Kahr, but smaller semi-autos, say anything smaller than a Glock 26, most specimens of a given design make may work well, but a small percentage of them do not. Including Kel-tecs. If you prove that YOUR specific small semi-auto is totally reliable by putting a few hundred rounds through it, peace be with you.

Last edited by boxer; 07-16-2011 at 04:41..
boxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:58   #1612
dne752
Mad Catter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLau View Post
I have the 360 as well. Yes, it is a kicker. I haven't tried the .357 mag in the 360 yet. I'm sure it is punishing.
I feel it more in my elbow than anywhere else. when I take it to the range for practice I usually only shoot 10 or 15 rounds. It gets to be no fun after that. Now, my Python is a diffent story...

RTN Bodyguard # 752.
Operative Opie
dne752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:40   #1613
SCmasterblaster

Well said indeed. Especially the case of powder under the star. Some shootere ask for this by not pointing the revolver straight up when electing the cases. A single granule of unburnt powder can greatly jam up the rotating mechanism of a revolver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHart View Post

Old 07-18-2011, 21:03   #1614
palladen1331

glock

carry glock 17 or glock 38 or 4inch kimber allsteel 45
Old 07-18-2011, 23:12   #1615
bootman

palladen1331,
Now there is a guy that likes both Glock and a Real Gun...But an all steel 4 inch is a bit heavy for me...I have a 5 in steel but it is my IPSC match gun and stays put up mostly now...I like my Kimber 3 in but a Keltec Pf9 and a 22 mag mini have spoiled me for carry guns...I haven't met many guns I didn't like! And Paladin was a favorite character of mine....
bootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 14:38   #1616
iluv2viddyfilms

Plasma rifle. 40 watt range.

that or a G27 in the summer, 1911 for winter.
iluv2viddyfilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 17:15   #1617
SCmasterblaster

G17 for anything and everything. 115gr JHP +p+ loads.
Old 07-19-2011, 21:10   #1618
blackbirdzach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike g35 View Post
I've seen as many premium revolvers disable themselves as I have semi autos in the same price ranges. Don't even get me started on timing issues with the cheaper brands after a few hundred rounds.

When a semi-auto jams, you clear it and continue. When a revolver jams, you're in a pickle.
blackbirdzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 23:43   #1619
boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbirdzach View Post
I've seen as many premium revolvers disable themselves as I have semi autos in the same price ranges. Don't even get me started on timing issues with the cheaper brands after a few hundred rounds.

When a semi-auto jams, you clear it and continue. When a revolver jams, you're in a pickle.
I have had a few nasty semi auto jams that were not easily cleared.
boxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:36   #1620
Ellie89

Ruger LCP. I prefer my G19, but I'm a very petite female, and carrying a G19...well...the only way I've found to be able to do it is in my purse. Not really a fan of that! If I'm traveling and won't be getting out of the car much, G19 all the way. The LCP just conceals so well--it's one of the only guns I've found that will for me in the summertime.
G19 Gen 4, Ruger LCP, Georgia Club Member #745
Μολὼν λαβέ!
Ellie89 is offline   Reply With Quote