Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
View Poll Results: Auto or Wheelgun?
Auto 5,701 89.68%
Revolver 656 10.32%
Voters: 6357. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2008, 14:20   #621
elonfire

During the hot months i carry a bersa thunder .380. winter i either carry a g23 or a beretta 92.
elonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:55   #622
slugger6

XD9SC in a CrossBreed SuperTuck
slugger6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 14:27   #623
sfrank

Xd 40
sfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 18:39   #624
floresb

Lately...

Lately been carrying my HK P2000SK, 9mm, Federal HST 124 grain.
Old 05-31-2008, 23:47   #625
KrankyKraut

I don't carry. I live in CA. If I lived elsewhere, I'd carry my Colt Detective Special w/Remington 158 gr. LSWCHP +P.

Last edited by KrankyKraut; 05-31-2008 at 23:56..
KrankyKraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:40   #626
Torontogunguy

Keep em coming guys! Lots of interesting thoughts here. You all know how much I hate carrying my Glocks IWB with one in the tube (don't care what BATFE says they are COCKED and READY to fire. I have no idea how they came up with DOUBLE ACTION on the Glocks as if you have one in the tube it is COCKED as far as I am concerned, even if not fully cocked. Cannot tell you how many AD's I have heard of with Glocks and as a result I am afraid of carrying for fear of AD). I am carrying my Glock 26 and 30 OWB (not IWB) with one in the tube.

I have several handguns suitable for carrying; am starting to lean towards my Walther P99 and HK P7M8's. The Glock 26 sure is nice for pocket carry though.

As I was lectured about Thursday night at the gun club... one must always think waaaaay ahead when carrying once the decision is made.

Especially so if you live in Canada as we do and must be able to possess and transport your carry across borders. Mine needs to have a 4.25" barrel minimum, must have a max of 10 round magazine and cannot be a prohibited calibre. So my options are limited.

I think if I could transport easily without the restrictions I might lean towards one But, then again, I hate reloading revolvers.

I think we are going to be moving back stateside in 3 years when the kids head off to University. I would love to be able to move stateside today. Right now. Probably to New England somewhere (NH?) and keep a place in the south (New Mexico?) for the winters. We have family all over the place except NM.

Please keep the info and picture coming!
There's no such thing as too much training or too much practice....
Torontogunguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:55   #627
Laserlips
"Laus Deo"

[QUOTE=Torontogunguy

I have several handguns suitable for carrying; am starting to lean towards my Walther P99 and HK P7M8's. The Glock 26 sure is nice for pocket carry though.

Especially so if you live in Canada as we do and must be able to possess and transport your carry across borders. Mine needs to have a 4.25" barrel minimum, must have a max of 10 round magazine and cannot be a prohibited calibre. So my options are limited.
[/QUOTE]

Tgg:

As I suggested in an earlier post....

Do yourself a favor.. Just buy one of the "A" grade HK P7's being sold now ( Lowery Saxony Police imports), a couple of extra magazines and you are good to go..

The HK P7 is extremely safe from ad/nd's. (squeezecocker). The HK P7 has a decades old reputation for being as close to 100% reliable as any pistol could be. The HK P7 is, I'm sure you already know this, unbelievably accurate, and the HK P7 is extremely well made.

I bought three HK P7's recently from CDNN. Two of the "A" grades came "as new", the other NIB.

I have a Walther P99. It is an excellent "house gun".. I've had a Glock 26, it was an excellent "brick" in the hands. (The Walther P99c/As IS much better).

Just personal opinion, no offense to contrary opinions.

Best Wishes,

Jesse

General Firearms Forum

(PX/PX15/Laserlips: all samo/samo)
Laserlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 10:02   #628
Shibumi=Glock

G23

Federal Hydra-shoks 165gr.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:36   #629
Torontogunguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserlips View Post
Tgg:

As I suggested in an earlier post....

Do yourself a favor.. Just buy one of the "A" grade HK P7's being sold now ( Lowery Saxony Police imports), a couple of extra magazines and you are good to go..

The HK P7 is extremely safe from ad/nd's. (squeezecocker). The HK P7 has a decades old reputation for being as close to 100% reliable as any pistol could be. The HK P7 is, I'm sure you already know this, unbelievably accurate, and the HK P7 is extremely well made.

I bought three HK P7's recently from CDNN. Two of the "A" grades came "as new", the other NIB.

I have a Walther P99. It is an excellent "house gun".. I've had a Glock 26, it was an excellent "brick" in the hands. (The Walther P99c/As IS much better).

Just personal opinion, no offense to contrary opinions.

Best Wishes,

Jesse

General Firearms Forum
I tend to agree with you on the HK's. I own a P7PSP and two P7M8's. Dead accurate. Dead safe. Recoil is inline due to fixed barrel and gas piston inline, etc. I do like them. Their only detraction is the weight.

I was "advised" by the gun club expert on Thursday night that my HK's will fail at around 2K rounds and need to have a plastic part replaced. He didn't know which plastic part but I have friends who have run 10K rounds and have not had a single misfeed or misfire. Ever.

I feel like a fart in a wind storm here. Never sure what to choose. That 4.25" barrel is also nice as it lets the bullet get up to speed and I am using +P Gold Dots but have not tried them in the HK's yet. Want to run a couple hundred rounds and see what happens with the +P's.

Thanks for the information.
There's no such thing as too much training or too much practice....
Torontogunguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:29   #630
TylerDurden
CLM Number 220
Viva Hate

Usually this:

General Firearms Forum

Sometimes this:

General Firearms Forum

Maybe this:

General Firearms Forum

If I'm feeling gully, I'll strap this little pony on my ankle - it rides in an old NYC Detective's BUG holster:

General Firearms Forum

Those are the usual suspects.
Old 06-03-2008, 15:43   #631
jonusmcg

What I carry...

Glock 19 with Winchester Ranger SXT 127 gr. +p+. I don't care what anyone says, a properly placed 9mm round will drop ANYONE! My motto: 2 to the chest and 1 to the head kills 'em dead.
Old 06-03-2008, 16:15   #632
Blitzen

Send a message via Yahoo to Blitzen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonusmcg View Post
Glock 19 with Winchester Ranger SXT 127 gr. +p+. I don't care what anyone says, a properly placed 9mm round will drop ANYONE! My motto: 2 to the chest and 1 to the head kills 'em dead.
Just hope you can do that shot placement under the stress.
SemperFi
Blitzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 17:02   #633
jonusmcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
Just hope you can do that shot placement under the stress.
SemperFi
Semper fi!

I would like to think that what my gun and accuracy can't accomplish, my hands and mind can.

<----------------------Wishful thinker!

Last edited by jonusmcg; 06-03-2008 at 17:03.. Reason: add more
jonusmcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 17:15   #634
Laserlips
"Laus Deo"

[QUOTE=Torontogunguy

I feel like a fart in a wind storm here. Never sure what to choose. That 4.25" barrel is also nice as it lets the bullet get up to speed and I am using +P Gold Dots but have not tried them in the HK's yet. Want to run a couple hundred rounds and see what happens with the +P's.

Thanks for the information.[/QUOTE]

Tgg:

My wife and I use Speer "Gold Dot's" in our Seecamps, but I've found that the 147gn. Gold Dots impact low for me at self defense range in all my 9mm pistols.

My preferred personal self defense round in my 9mm pistols is 115gn. DoubleTap jhp's.. Very FAST, low flash, still using the Gold Dot bullet. Not as expensive as the fancier stuff (50rds roughly $28), but it's my favorite round. You might check them out online if you have an interest.

Best Wishes,

Jesse

P.S. I think the gentleman who thinks an HK P7 is bound to self destruct at 2000 rounds is full of it. I researched the P7 carefully before buying my three and that simply does NOT seem to be the case. Every product made by man can and will fail sooner or later, but I think the HK P7 is of high quality and very durable.

General Firearms Forum

(PX/PX15/Laserlips: all samo/samo)
Laserlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 18:37   #635
Blitzen

Send a message via Yahoo to Blitzen
Quote:
Semper fi!

I would like to think that what my gun and accuracy can't accomplish, my hands and mind can.

<----------------------Wishful thinker!
Iknew I could draw that out. I was in the 3rd MAW 64-72.
Blitzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 19:13   #636
jonusmcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
Iknew I could draw that out. I was in the 3rd MAW 64-72.

Oohrah! Good to meet ya Marine.

Would any other reply even be adequate?
Old 06-03-2008, 19:19   #637
98_1LE

Semi-auto exclusively to this point. I have considered a J-frame, and almost bought one at a show, but it was scratched and I didn't want it.
98_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:51   #638
solomansousana

Quote:
Oohrah! Good to meet ya Marine.

Would any other reply even be adequate?

Semper Fi Sarge, LOL, I seem to remember a GIGANTIC Gunny at the range at Camp Lejeune telling me, " Doc, if I EVER catch you making head shots, I don't care if your the Doc or not, you're gonna have permanent head detail, and NO way am I gonna get myself into that kinda mess, lol

Former HM2
Old 06-06-2008, 00:56   #639
Susquash

I recently purchased a Glock 30 for concealed carry. I use a Desantis TuckThis IWB holster. I also carry a S&W Model 49 J-frame in a Galco USA IWB. Carried an AMT Back-up in a pocket holster for years.
Old 06-06-2008, 18:23   #640
skud_dusty

Sold my Kahr, been carrying this chunk of steel:

General Firearms Forum

Just have it in a cheapy Uncle Mike's IWB. I can almost pull i toff with just a t-shirt, still needs some work.