SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old Yesterday, 17:36   #1
chewybaca67

Send a message via AIM to chewybaca67 Send a message via Yahoo to chewybaca67
Most Used and Abused Firearm?

I know most of us like gun pics in shimmering beauty, with cool lighting, honorable antlers or knives and what not.

But some of us fancy them old beaters, handguns and rifles that have endured more misuse, abuse, neglect and honorable intended use than a 20 year interacial marriage.

Sure there are the Old timey guns from History, and them are cool too.....way awesome, but who has some modern firearm beater pics and stories? I'm at work in between clients, so can't really track down the one lame beater pic I have.
Old Yesterday, 19:26   #2
01coltcolt
Weapons Tech.

Send a message via Yahoo to 01coltcolt

1877 Colt Lightning in .38 LC still works perfectly. But very, very worn. This was a first year run made in 1877 and I had it archived by Colt last year.
General Firearms Forum

With the Thunder in .41 LC
General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
01coltcolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:21   #3
ede
Bama's Friend

No photos but I have a couple LE S&W 10s with the HB that are a bit abused and well used. Both have ID numbers engraved on them. I did trigger job on one and have it running 100% with Federal primers with around 6 pound trigger.
PM Black Diamond 538 F&AM
Bamatrooper taught Chuck Norris how to shoot.
ede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:42   #4
NMOFT

I spent my money and my youth and trying to wear out every firearm I own. Some of them are now collectible and would be worth some decent money if they hadn't been carried and shot to the point of being nearly worn out. Two of my S&Ws and one Ruger have been factory rebuilt so I can get some more milage out of them.

After I'm gone, my kids are going to be disappointed when they open the gun safe and go through my reloading shop only to find worn out junk and empty cases.
NMOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:27   #5
Jason D
Silver Membership
INFRINGED!

Probably the old double gun that belonged to my Great Grandfather. It put food on their table for decades.

Alexander Hamilton, author of Federalist No. 1. 10/27/1787
Jason D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:29   #6
johnson8861
Daddo Chomper

Before it was stolen, I had a pre serial number Stevens 416, that had an easy 250,000 rounds through it.
Old Today, 02:10   #7
CajunBass

Send a message via AIM to CajunBass
These look pretty rough by my standards. (I used to look for the pristine, in the box examples) Unfortunately I didn't make them this way, that's just the way they were when I got them.

Smith & Wesson Model 19 (no dash) four screw.

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

Smith & Wesson Model 15-3.

General Firearms Forum'

General Firearms Forum

The pictures don't show the amount of finish wear these two have. I figure they were cop guns at some point. They were both "dry" as bones when I got them with spots and streaks of dried oil and fine rust and dust that really can't be seen.

Now, mechanically they were both fine or I wouldn't have bought them. Bores are bright and shiney, lockup is tight, etc.

I need to take new pictures of them both. An hour or so with a tube of Flitz and an old T shirt has breathed new life into them. What's left of the finish reflects like a mirror now and they feel like a freshly waxed automobile hood.
John 3:16 (NKJV)
CajunBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:19   #8
Bren
NRA Life Member

My great, great grandfather's S&W .38, I have posted before

General Firearms Forum

This was carried by my great, great (pretty sure it was 2 "greats") grandfather, "Preacher Robert". He was born in 1869 and served as county judge of Knott County, KY, during the depression (I also have the gavel that belonged to Judge Wylie - another ancestor who was county judge of Knott Co.). Preacher Robert was the pastor of the Clear Creek Old Regular Baptist church for several years, served as Perry County, KY, Jailer, and was postmaster of Carrie, KY for 20 years. Died in 1942.

Last edited by Bren; Today at 04:51..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:44   #9
Kentucky Shooter
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMOFT View Post
After I'm gone, my kids are going to be disappointed when they open the gun safe and go through my reloading shop only to find worn out junk and empty cases.
Since you can't take them with you, might as well enjoy them now-- what a way to go!
Old Today, 04:47   #10
Kentucky Shooter
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
My great, great grandfather's S&W .38, I have posted before

General Firearms Forum

This was carried by my great grandfather, "Preacher Robert". He was born in 1869 and served as county judge of Knott County, KY, during the depression (I also have the gavel that belonged to Judge Wylie - another ancestor who was county judge of Knott Co.). Preacher Robert was the pastor of the Clear Creek Old Regular Baptist church for several years, served as Perry County, KY, Jailer, and was postmaster of Carrie, KY for 20 years. Died in 1942.
A great piece of family history- very nice.
Old Today, 12:30   #11
bub

Although it isn't a family gun, here are a few pics of my most abused. I bought this old, 1st Gen G17 from the PD I work for when they went with Gen2 G22s for duty guns. It was never issued to me, but I know the Officer who it was issued to. He retired back in 2003 or 2004 and left the gun because he isn't a gun guy and didn't care about keeping it. IIRC, produced in Spring, 1987 and issued to the Officer shortly after. Gun is beat to hell but really didn't have that many rounds through it for how old it is. I bought it for $200.00 with 3 old, original mags and 3 new mags. Shoots well but looks like warm crap.

General Firearms Forum
You can see some of the wear on the slide and butt.

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum
Slide wear.

General Firearms Forum
You can see exactly where the thumb snap on his duty holster (and yes, he had the same holster from when it was issued to him in 1987 till he retired; holster was trashed enough that they just threw it away when he turned it in with the gun) rode on the cocking serrations.

General Firearms Forum
Notice how smooth the factory stippling on the back strap is worn. You can still see it, but it is basically worn smooth.

General Firearms Forum
Rear sight after how many years of being carried, being smacked off of door frames, coat zippers and assorted wear. I have a spare rear sight kicking around somewhere, sometime I'll get it installed.

Gun still shoots like new but I can't hit with it very well because of the rear sight. Like I said, sometime I'll get e new one put on.

Bub
Old Today, 13:06   #12
chewybaca67

[IMG]General Firearms Forum[/IMG]

Almost forgot about this one. Will belong to my step son, who ain't really into guns too much yet (my son in the pic). It be Winchester 1873 dated to 1874. It has a round barrel that has much pitting in it. Probably shot last with black powder and never cleaned after that. I'd like to get it in shooting order...maybe, if I can get a replacement barrel and keep the old one. Or, just have it be a well maintained and aged wall hanger/ safe queenie.
Old Today, 13:30   #13
smokeross
GTDS Member #49

I have a Remington 722 that was used to hunt seals in Prince William Sound. It is very rusty but still shoots although some of the bullets will tumble. Has a rope sling made by the previous owner. Old weaver scope on it.
Old Today, 14:43   #14
The_Gun_Guru
Ban Democrats!!

My Kel-Tec P-32 goes with me EVERYWHERE!

General Firearms Forum

I carry it in my front pocket whether it's to church or to work. Work has a strict "NO GUN" policy so I need to be discreet, and this gun disappears in my pocket!

General Firearms Forum

Love the KT P-32!!!

TGG
Kalashnikov Klub #4519
OD G19 - LOTS of AKs - Only ONE AR....but it's a Colt!
NO AMNESTY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS!!!
This is America. If you can't or won't speak English, PLEASE LEAVE!!!
The_Gun_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 15:14   #15
Berto
woo woo

This old Colt has seen some use since 1912, but it's given me some of the very best 25yrd results of any gun I have seen.
General Firearms Forum
This 1880s era Smith and Wesson still delivers the goods too.
General Firearms Forum
Old Today, 15:39   #16
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Fairly well used, but by original owners and not by me - the current owner. I simply don't trust these American SIGs enough with my life. Nor the calibers.

General Firearms Forum
Old Today, 18:58   #17
garya1961

This is actually a newly built rifle that I stressed the receiver to match the kit. The mags are some old dirty $6 mags I had just received before taking the picture, they cleaned up ok and work great though.
General Firearms Forum

Last edited by garya1961; Today at 19:51..
garya1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 19:15   #18
chewybaca67

Quote:
Originally Posted by bub View Post
Although it isn't a family gun, here are a few pics of my most abused. I bought this old, 1st Gen G17 from the PD I work for when they went with Gen2 G22s for duty guns. It was never issued to me, but I know the Officer who it was issued to. He retired back in 2003 or 2004 and left the gun because he isn't a gun guy and didn't care about keeping it. IIRC, produced in Spring, 1987 and issued to the Officer shortly after. Gun is beat to hell but really didn't have that many rounds through it for how old it is. I bought it for $200.00 with 3 old, original mags and 3 new mags. Shoots well but looks like warm crap.

General Firearms Forum
You can see some of the wear on the slide and butt.

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum
Slide wear.

General Firearms Forum
You can see exactly where the thumb snap on his duty holster (and yes, he had the same holster from when it was issued to him in 1987 till he retired; holster was trashed enough that they just threw it away when he turned it in with the gun) rode on the cocking serrations.

General Firearms Forum
Notice how smooth the factory stippling on the back strap is worn. You can still see it, but it is basically worn smooth.

General Firearms Forum
Rear sight after how many years of being carried, being smacked off of door frames, coat zippers and assorted wear. I have a spare rear sight kicking around somewhere, sometime I'll get it installed.

Gun still shoots like new but I can't hit with it very well because of the rear sight. Like I said, sometime I'll get e new one put on.

Bub
That is thee most well worn Glock pic I believe I have ever seen on GT.
Old Today, 19:30   #19
Bren
NRA Life Member

I forgot about this one:
General Firearms Forum

Riverside Arms 12 ga. Probably going on 100 years old. It was used to commit the first murder my father ever investigated as a state trooper, in 1964. Old man was sitting on his porch in Pike County, KY (if you watched Hatfields & McCoys, that one) when a young man he had some trouble with walked up the road, so he let him have both barrels in the middle - dead before the police got there. Dad said it looked like somebody had poured buckets of blood on the road. I use it for Cowboy Action Shooting.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote