Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-26-2005, 00:02   #226
desertdisciple
CLM Number 73
Charter Lifetime Member

JUMCO - rocks!!!

I picked up a Sig Pro 2009 from Jumco
and just like he said, it was as new!!!

It was a good deal & came with all of the goodies, packaged just as promised...Also, he kept me informed through the entire process.
(and as you may well know, state to states can drag out...even when both parties are attempting to expedite things)

Thanks JUMCO!!!
Old 06-29-2005, 18:54   #227
vette396

MartinGlock19 - Buyer beware

MartinGlock19 - Buyer beware

First - I have purchased over 20 pistols and rifles thru the online forums (glocktalk, gunbrokers and AR15) with no problems until the saga below.

I posted an “I’ll take it” to an offering for a Walther P-22 with extras on this forum. This was followed up with an email to the seller (MartinGlock19)

The seller replied and I told him I wanted the pistol whether he wanted what I had to trade or not. I stated that if we worked out trade great, otherwise cash would have to do.

He did not have an interest in the trade so I agreed to get an official check for him (I wanted to do a MO but he wanted a official check). It is worth noting that an official check is between the issuing bank and the recipient. Once an official check is issued only the recipient can cash it without a ton of paperwork and hassles.

He was sent the FFL information and asked for his mailing address for the check. This all happened within 24 hours of the “I’ll take it” posting.

He sends a PM stating that someone else has offered to pay him an additional $50 so if I want the pistol I need to kick in the additional funds. This starts some heated discussion as I am sitting on a $315 OC that I can not back out of easily. After talking to the bank (that same day) and finding myself between a rock and a hard place I send him the additional funds via Paypal along with the original check via USPS.

Two weeks pass and no pistol. I have numerous emails and calls but always some BS reason for the delay. The final reason was that “in Florida an individual can not ship a pistol”. This is interesting but he was instructed to remove the slide and barrel from the frame. Send the frame to the FFL and the rest of the parts and extras to me at my home. This could be done with the $7.70 shipping boxes at the USPS.

He gets back to me 3 days later with another alternative. He wants to take it to an FFL in Florida and have them ship it. I am cool with this till he ask for an additional $50 on top of the shipping funds already agreed to.

At this point I tell him to return the funds and call it quits. He says he will BUT 4 days later I get a call stating that he will pick up the FFL fee at his end but they need a hard copy of the FFL signed. My FFL sends the form to the FFL in Florida. This is done a day before I leave the country for 10 days. He is told that if they do not get the form in 3 days to contact my FFL to find out what went wrong. He, my FFL and his FFL are all copied on the email.

I return from FROG land and call my FFL. There is no pistol waiting for me. I call the seller who tells me that they never received the FFL. I asked why he did not follow up and he “forgot”.

I drive to the FFL’s business, get a new signed copy and send it return receipt. It gets there in 2 days. I wait 2 more days and call the FFL for a tracking number. The seller has not dropped off the gun at the FFL. I then call the seller. He starts in again about the value of his time and additional cost. I tell him to send the funds back but he says he will take the gun there the next day.

I wait two more days and nothing so I call again. He now does not pick up the phone so I leave a message as to a good time to call and when I will be unavailable. He calls 10 minutes after I am unavailable. He has decided to back out of the deal due to the hassles of shipping the gun and mumbles something on my voicemail about additional cost.

My return message was clear. Send me a check or I will contact the USPS and ATF for mail fraud and firearm issues.

I get a voicemail that the check is coming.

Check #1 gets there 2 days later. I deposit it. RETURNED NSF. Pissed as hell now and calling him back. He used an old check book by mistake. New check will be mailed same day.

Check #2 gets here and I need to go to the USPS to sign for it. I get the check and see that it is drawn on Wachovia bank. I high tail it over there (almost 5pm) and try to cash it. The SOB has written “for deposit only” on the bottom of the check. Who the heck forces the payee (ME) to deposit a check in my account vs. cashing it against their account? Thank goodness the manager of the branch is a neighbor. After telling them the saga they try to call the seller to get verbal consent to cash the check. The three numbers on file with his bank (home, his cellular and spouse cellular) are all no longer working. We all have a good laugh and how bad the situation has gotten. They then check the balance in the account that the check is drawn on and tell me to go deposit it in my account at the “other” bank in town. After discussing the concern that it will bounce again they ensure me that there are plenty of funds available and if deposited today it would clear in 24 hours.

I am documenting this 4 days after the deposit and after confirming with my bank and Wachovia that the check cleared.

I have since bought another P-22 and concluded the transaction from “I’ll take it” to payment to pickup from the FFL in 4 days.

If you deal with Jose have a ton of patience, be able to put up with BS and lies and prepared to waste almost 2 months and countless phone calls to get nowhere.
Old 06-29-2005, 23:56   #228
GRIFFIN1

The next time you get a cashier's check, have it made out to either you or the person you are sending it to.

Looks like this..

Pay to the order of: vette396 or GRIFFIN1

make sure it isn't "vette396 and GRIFFIN1" You will both have to be there to cash that check.

Last edited by GRIFFIN1; 07-01-2005 at 14:23..
Old 07-01-2005, 12:52   #229
ranger88
CLM Number 130
Charter Lifetime Member

I just bought an H&K USP from vernal45 and the transaction could not have gone any smoother. Buy with confidence and you will get great communication.
Old 07-01-2005, 15:24   #230
Lobo
Who farted??

SGTB is good to go. Sold him some sights and he was great to deal with.
#9 Mississippi Club

#520 Smith & Wesson Club

#520 Browning Hi Power Club
Old 07-01-2005, 16:03   #231
10mmG29
Earth/USA/Tx.

Excellent +++

Eagle Tactical FFL...Excellent Service www.eagletactical.com
Old 07-04-2005, 06:46   #232
brianc142

GlocksterPaulie A+ seller

GT member GlocksterPaulie has good products at good prices and excellent customer service. His website is www.survivetheencounter.com. I highly recommend Paulie if you need a good holster, tac light, etc.
Old 07-09-2005, 13:41   #233
chriswolfe1968

Glock Talk member myates is a good person to do trades/business with
+1 for him.
Smooth transaction...his gun was better than described.

Chris Wolfe
chriswolfe1968 on GT
Old 07-09-2005, 17:53   #234
jonoboy
Ring of Void

Just bought a G19 from BS3616. I am very pleased with this member's level of professionalism. All my questions were concisely and punctually answered, and I felt quite comfortable with BS3616 knowledge and competency regarding firearms after very few words over the phone. I wouldn’t hesitate to do business with him in the future.

Thanks again Mike!
Old 07-11-2005, 19:47   #235
Colubrid

h2o-5o

Just bought a Graham holster from Michael ( h2o-5o ) and it is beautiful (the holster not Michael) . Great communication and the holster was sent lightening fast. Would love to do business with him again.

Also found out he is a Glock armorer and he will be a help in the future
Old 07-13-2005, 13:46   #236
DragonTails1

Satisfied Trade...

>>I just did a FTF trade with P229R and I'm quite satisfied with the deal. P229R was great to work with, and his gun, a Walther PPK/S, is everything he said it is. I would do business with him again any time and highly recommend the same for others, given the opportunity...TW<<
Old 07-13-2005, 16:14   #237
buffaload

+++++++++++++++++

ALPHAMAN....does what he says, great product, GREAT PRICE, BETTER FOLLW_UP to make sure I was taken care of.........A # 1 in my book!

you know what.this sux as a feedback...I'd like to see + and - next to a guys handle.........ebay gets away with it!.......what the do you do when theres no search tool to ck out the "BAD GUYZ"?

Last edited by buffaload; 07-13-2005 at 16:18..
Old 07-15-2005, 17:27   #238
apxpred
can ewe resist

slo-mo +1, fast payment, great communication, don't hesitate he's good to go.
Old 07-17-2005, 14:22   #239
tank69

juansal is great to deal with. A++ to him!

Bought a G27 off of him for a friend and it was in better condition than described and Juan has to be the fastest shipper around, got the whole deal done in four days.

Thanks again Juan!

Tank
Old 07-20-2005, 05:26   #240
Repete

Archangel6 and jth440 are both A+

Did a deal with each of them and items were as good or better than listed, and the deals went smooth as silk. Great guys!
Pete
Old 07-21-2005, 06:26   #241
buffaload

Don R is a Crook, need help near Alvord ,TX

Ross is the last name,took my money by PayPal on 06/03/05...said he was having health problems...kept promising to ship, never did, and now will not respond to e-mails....he is known as Hellboy on AR15.com.anybody know how to get in touch with him.........

;Q
Old 07-22-2005, 20:37   #242
scooterbear

Ramon Suarez

All deals should be like the one just completed with Ramon Suarez !!!

A+ all the way !!!

scooterbear
Old 07-23-2005, 14:12   #243
captyg76

Recommend MarcDW

I did business with MarcDW located in Maine. He is very straight-forward and a very fair guy to do business with. I highly recommend him!
Old 07-23-2005, 14:31   #244
trozau
troy ounce gold

SMOOTH TRANSACTIONS WITH THE FOLLOWING:

I did not notice this before but this is a great idea to let other forum members know of great and smooth deals we've had with other GT forum members. Here are mine so far:

a) jth440 - pre-owned Glock 19 receiver, pre-owned Glock clamshell case

b) Glocker74 - 3 new recoil spring assemblies

c) allglock - 2 new Glock knives

d) Desert_Scorpion - 1 new Federal 9mm conversion barrel for a G32, and 8 new Glock mags

e) Carlson1 - pre-owned Mossberg 500A shotgun

Kudos and thanks to all the above guys!
Niner's & Big Dawgs #1736 | .357SIG & .40S&W #3223
G17(first gen), G36, G32(.40 OEM bbl, 9mm AM cnv bbl),
G19(AA .22LR LE), G23/G19 RTF2(gills), CZ P-01, VZ 58
DC, DYM, EED, GYZ, NZN, PAR "happiness is a warm gun"
Old 07-29-2005, 03:41   #245
blueiron
Clown move, bro

Mtwoodson is a first class seller. He goes out of his way to accomodate a buyer/seller/trader.

He rates a 10X!

Dear God, this is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard. It's got to rank right up there with CALEA. -Pepper45
Old 07-30-2005, 21:12   #246
Seabee71
Hawaiian Boy

I'd like to recommend Solo17, trustworthy and a real cool dood!!
Mississippi Glocker #54
Glock 23, Glock 21, Bersa Thunder.
US Navy Seabees "Construimus, Batuimus"
www.seabee.navy.mil
Old 07-31-2005, 12:04   #247
01_Cruiser

I did a face to face transfer with member dropfree, and it went great. He's a great guy to deal with.;f
Old 08-02-2005, 22:41   #248
buddyRoland
Proud Pop

Send a message via Yahoo to buddyRoland

Purchased a used P239 from emt1581 in June. Paid more than some listed P239's but the weapon was in excellent condition and I recommend him highly. Straight forward individual. Nice to meet honest people because a lot of people are not.
Old 08-05-2005, 21:47   #249
Bravo8
Tattooed Freak

I just purchased a shotgun from Pa Glock Guy. Gun is in great condition and at a fair price. He was very patient with me, even though I lost track of time and was 25 minutes late meeting him.

Highly recommended.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:58   #250
jth440
NRA Instructor

highly reccomend Farmer. when he says NIB it means that YOU will get to cut the label. Nicely packed and insured. A+++
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE. IS IT WORTH IT? PAT TILLMAN SAID YES. NEVER FORGET #40!