Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:56   #1
DannyR

What is GSSF and what are it's benefits?

GSSF was created by the Glock Marketing Department in 1991. It is an organization of Glock that stages outdoor competitions for Glock owners, based on stock Glocks. There is a category for modified Glocks. The matches are family oriented and simple. No drawing, no speed reloads, no movement, very little memory work, no fancy equipment. It is easy enough that anyone can shoot it, yet challenging enough for the greatest Master Glock shooters in the USA. Average attendance at a two-day event is about 300 entries.

GSSF hosts 36+ Major outdoor matches each year, matches where Glocks, cash and merchandise prizes are awarded. GSSF also sanctions a series of indoor matches.

As a member of GSSF:
1. You may enter any GSSF match
2. You may purchase one Glock per year at LE price
3. You may attend The Glock Armorer's Class
4. You receive the services of a factory armorer at every outdoor match. Free labor, and free parts if needed.

Members receive a membership card, GSSF cap, two issues of The Glock Report, a copy of The Glock Annual and the opportunity to participate in special offers from time to time.

Outdoor matches are based on stock Glocks, although there is a category for modified Glocks. Categories are defined by pistol type/size and not by shooter ability, Master Stock and Masters/Unlimited being the exceptions. Categories are Amateur Civilian, Amateur Guardian, Subcompact, Major Subcompact, Competition, Master Stock and Unlimited. Contestants may also enter a team entry of 3 shooters in Amateur Civilian, Amateur Guardian and master Stock. It's a fun shoot, suitable for all family members. There are special $75.00 cash awards for: High Female, High Junior Female, High Guardian Female, High Senior, High Junior Male and High Challenged Shooter.

It's quite a bargain for the price of a membership. I live in VA and the closest match to me is 175 miles one way, I plan to shoot 9 matches in 2010, the farthest being 425 miles one way.

The schedule for the new season us usually posted in March. The 2010-2011 Season runs from the last week in March 2010 through February 2011. You can check under results to see where matches were held in the prior year.

Related web links are www.gssfonline.com and www.glocktraining.com
Bull Dawg #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DannyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:08   #2
MarkCO
CLM Number 245
Charter Lifetime Member

For more GSSF information, plese visit the forum here on GT: http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37
.40 S&W Club #1, 1911 Club #1067
NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor
www.CarbonArms.us
MarkCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 18:53   #3
Hej Hej

Just joined.......

G19 Gen4; Llama .22LR; Astra .380 ACP
Hej Hej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 17:51   #4
Kevin8503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hej Hej View Post
Just joined.......

Me too! Now the wait begins...
Kevin8503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 20:58   #5
fun2drive

Also joined a few months ago and plan to try my hand at a couple events...
fun2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:28   #6
Boot Stomper

I went to two GSSF event in 2013 and had a great time. Any Glock fan should go to one and check it out.
Boot Stomper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:44   #7
lethal tupperwa

You meet Great People ----like Danny and many many more.

----------------------------------------

GLOCK CERTIFIED ARMORER
lethal tupperwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:07   #8
fg17

GSSF matches are great fun, Its the reason I bought a glock in the first place
fg17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 22:06   #9
Benello

I had a blast at the Milwaukee GSSF match back in October even won a two year membership!
Benello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 22:36   #10
Bren
NRA Life Member

I enjoy GSSF matches. You will never have a better chance to compare your shooting to people all over the country, unelss you do something really boring, like bullseye.

At the first match I ever went to, Julie Goloski (now Julie Golob, Team S&W) took our money and registration sheets and Dave Sevigny was around giving shooting tips and stuff (can't remember if he actually shot the match). Also have gotten to see Grady Whitelaw shoot several sub-3 second runs on the plate rack.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 19:09   #11
ldp4570

Out of all type's of match's there are out there, the GSSF is probably one of the best when it come's to benefit's given. I've been a member for several years now. So far I've won two Glock's, and a little money. My son and daughter also shoot, and are member's, both are getting better, an both have their own Glock's.

ldp4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 22:55   #12
Boot Stomper

The best reason to join GSSF is it is fun. You shoot your Glock in competition and meet other Glock fans. Great time. I have been to four and plan on many more. I noticed at my last GSSF event they are starting to sell stuff which is always good IMO. The factory Armorers are great. They will pull out Glocks new and old and let you check them out. At the Sparta IL match I got to hold one of the original Glock 17 made back in mid 80s. He also handed me a new 41 and 42. Made him and offer but he would not take it. ;-)
Old 09-14-2014, 13:55   #13
Rebel 6

What differentiates a "stock Glock" from a "modified Glock"?

Any one of these?:

1) Aftermarket night sights
2) 25 cent trigger job
3) Polished feed ramp
4) Aftermarket 3.5# connector
5) Glock (-) connector

I did a brief search, but didn't find an explanation. I do imagine an armorer would do an inspection before the match began. Do they still do a drawing to give away a free Glock to a random member, like they used to do?

115 + 115 = 230
Rebel 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:26   #14
Boot Stomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel 6 View Post

Any one of these?:

2) 25 cent trigger job
3) Polished feed ramp
5) Glock (-) connector

I did a brief search, but didn't find an explanation. I do imagine an armorer would do an inspection before the match began. Do they still do a drawing to give away a free Glock to a random member, like they used to do?
I'm not a GSSF rule expert, but I was always under the impression if Glock ever offered the option it falls under "stock". The 25 cent trigger job still uses stock parts. The After market connectors would put you in "modified". After market sights do not put you into "Modified".

With regards to inspection, none of my four Glock have ever been inspected at a GSSF event. Then again I have never won anything so no one is accusing me a cheating. With that said all my Glocks are "stock," with two having after market sights made by TruGlo.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:54   #15
stak

1) All notch and post style sights, good for all divisions.
2 & 3) You are accelerating wear, good for all divisions.
4) Aftermarket connectors, good for Unlimited division only.
5) All factory parts, good for all divisions.

GSSF spells it all out in ye olde GLOCK Report under Sections 40 and 45.

Quote:

Any one of these?:

2) 25 cent trigger job
3) Polished feed ramp
5) Glock (-) connector

stak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 15:45   #16
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Do they still do a drawing to give away a free Glock to a random member, like they used to do?

I've never seen a "drawing" at the match (other than for guns for range officers). They usually give away several glocks based on random selection, in addition to the winners, when the scores come out.

Sent from my iPad using Ohub Campfire
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote