Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-21-2014, 16:19   #1
DrtyHarry

Hogue G10 grips for P220 don't fit?

OK...so I have the US version (mag release on side) .45acp P220 in SA/DA with the decocker lever. On the grip, there is a groove for the lever to slide up and down. I purchased the Hogue rubber grips for the same pistol, and like the factory version...it also has a groove. So now I purchased the G10 grips because the wife wants to shoot the P220 and the rubber ones are rather chunky...and I really like G10 grips, have them on all my 1911s.

I'm attaching a picture of my pistol in whole, one with on the left is the G10 grip and on the right is the OEM grip, and one with the rubber grip that has the groove. The person I bought the grips from said that the G10 grips are thinner than the OEM grips and they will fit under the decocker. Please take a look at the pictures below and tell me all what you think. I contacted Hogue and they told me to send them back and they will send me another set....I just want to make sure what I have is the incorrect part. The seller told me to pull on the decocker and slide the handle under it.

The Sig Sauer Club

The Sig Sauer Club

The Sig Sauer Club

Thanks!

DH
Old 02-21-2014, 21:43   #2
drewcog

I have not seen grips like that before without the slot for the decocker (except for the DAK grips, which those are not). However, they look slightly like the grips on the p220 Elite Dark seen here (https://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProd...lite-dark.aspx) where the grip does fit under the decocker. Have you tried them on yet to see if they fit and work?
"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends." -John 15:13

Last edited by drewcog; 02-21-2014 at 21:43..
drewcog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:43   #3
DrtyHarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcog View Post
I have not seen grips like that before without the slot for the decocker (except for the DAK grips, which those are not). However, they look slightly like the grips on the p220 Elite Dark seen here (https://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProd...lite-dark.aspx) where the grip does fit under the decocker. Have you tried them on yet to see if they fit and work?
Thanks your for the reply, drewcog. My P220 is at least 10 years old....and has no rail. I have tried to have them fit, but it gets really tight and I don't see it fitting. I didn't want to force anything and scratch the frame. Like I said, the seller said the G10s are thin enough for the decocker to fit under it....but even on the Hogue website, there looks to be a groove under the grips. Both the eBay seller is willing to take them back, and Hogue is willing to exchange them for me for the correct ones. I sent Hogue a very detailed message with the pictures above attached to see if in face these are the correct grips for my P220....but they have not got back to me. The guy I got them from on eBay is taking the matter up with the Hogue rep directly...so I'm holding off on shipping them back right away.

Anyone have G10 grips with a groove? Because he's telling me that the G10s are so thin they don't need the groove. Thoughts? Thanks fellas.

DH
Old 02-22-2014, 12:54   #4
drewcog

Cool sounds like you're going to get it worked out. Can't speak for G10s on the P220, but I have Hogue G10s for my P239, and yes they have a groove.

This forum isn't heavily trafficked, so a Sig specific forum may get you more responses.
"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends." -John 15:13
drewcog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:58   #5
ABNGTO

Those G10's are for SA or DAO. I was looking at them on ebay. I didnt find any for DA/SA
ABNGTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 23:39   #6
DrtyHarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABNGTO View Post
Those G10's are for SA or DAO. I was looking at them on ebay. I didnt find any for DA/SA
I specifically asked the seller if they would fit. He sent me a picture of his P220 that had the G10s on them, and his is a DA/SA. Only difference was the color, he went with the Damascus pattern. Eh...not for me, but it was a G10 in SA/DA.

DH
Old 02-23-2014, 06:09   #7
silversport

...and the right ones do fit older P220s as I had a set on my 1994 vintage pistol...

Bill
silversport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:29   #8
DrtyHarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversport View Post
...and the right ones do fit older P220s as I had a set on my 1994 vintage pistol...

Bill
That's what I was told, so I'm guessing someone mixed something up in the packaging. It's box is not sealed, someone could have taken the proper ones out and put a different set in the box. I got the seller on eBay working on it by talking to the Hogue rep and I sent him all the pictures, and I contacted Hogue by phone and they said to ship them back along with a detailed message and they will ship me the right ones.

My worry was they didn't make them for earlier model P220s, but silversport just confirmed to me that they do (thanks silversport). And for some reason, I like the older models better than the newer ones. For some odd reason, they feel better built. I did the SRT job on it, and now it's really one of the best .45s right out of the box. It's my quick grab and go pistol. If I have to leave the house real quick and don't have time to put on a IWB rig, I just grab the P220 and mexican carry it. Love my SIG! But not the slippery stock grips....I understand the new models come with aluminum grips. Nice...

DH

Last edited by DrtyHarry; 02-23-2014 at 06:30..
DrtyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:46   #9
Madmax1010

I just purchased some new g10 grips for my p220 Equinox I never noticed but they don't have the groove but they fit and work really well. Hope you get it figured out they are not cheap!

Actually I was on the phone and the g10's are thinner so the groove is not necessary. Than I just looked at three other sig p220's two have the g10 grips and one has the aluminum none of them have the groove.

The thicker rubber grips I have with fingers have the groove.

Last edited by Madmax1010; 02-28-2014 at 09:49..
Madmax1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:01   #10
silversport

sometimes adding the Hogues make adding the stocks just a touch different that the ones that come from SIG...have you tried and I apologize if this won't be explained very well...sliding the stock panel from back to front a little???

Bill
Old 03-02-2014, 08:36   #11
Madmax1010

I have the g10 grips on three of my sig p220's the oldest one being made in 2008 equinox.

None of these grips have the groove in them for the decocker.
They are thin so they fit fine.
When installing on the decocker side you just need to move the decocker down a little and they slip right under it.

I had to repost because I wanted you to try and move the decocker downward to see if they will go on. because they won't unless you do.

Last edited by Madmax1010; 03-02-2014 at 08:38..
Madmax1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 15:46   #12
DrtyHarry

Got it in!!!! :):)

I got it in!!!

I was really worried about scratching the frame, but with a little time and wiggling...I got them in there. Grip calls for a night and day difference. I just wonder how the grips will hold up when I have the handles up against my skin in the summer. Still dono why I like the older Sigs compared to the newer ones.

DH
Old 03-03-2014, 05:19   #13
silversport

great news...

Bill