GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-10-2008, 14:42   #41
Glocktastic

Hey all. There's, I think, a relatively new Glock Armorer in Winchester, VA: Frederick County Firearms, http://www.fcfirearms.com/.

I took my Glock 17 in yesterday because my slide was jammed. Harlan, the main shopkeeper, took the time to fix it and didn't even charge me--even after I told him I bought the gun at the new big box Gander Mountain nearby. He wasn't too happy about that, understandably, but he helped out me nonetheless and was really pretty cool about it, advising me in the future to buy from a specialty gun store.

I bought an extra clip there for his trouble and because I can always use an additional magazine. All in all, I had a positive experience there and would recommend fellow Glockers to check them out.
Old 01-10-2009, 15:17   #42
Olivers_AR

There is a Dick's formally know as REI in Fair Lakes and one in Dulles Town Center (ammo, supplies, shotguns, long guns, no handguns).

The Walmart in Fair Lakes has ammo and the Walmart in Leesburg sold both ammo and some shotguns, bolt actions, muzzleloaders.

Silver Eagle Group (Sterling) just opened up.

NRA range has ammo - no firearms (other then the For Sale board) and no rentals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watsoncb View Post
Is there a store somewhere around Fairfax?
Olivers_AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:46   #43
MavsX
The Dude Abides

I thought i would add to this list. I bought my Glock 22 from Loudoun Guns. That place is awesome. They have the biggest selection of hand guns. And lots of them too. All new in box. I was blown away. I've been to some other stores in the manasses area...and Loudoun was awesome. I would definitely go back to Loudoun. I'm not talking trash about the other stores, i'm just saying i really enjoyed my experience at Loudoun Guns.

www.loudoungunsinc.com
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 21:14   #44
jimmz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX View Post
I thought i would add to this list. I bought my Glock 22 from Loudoun Guns. That place is awesome. They have the biggest selection of hand guns. And lots of them too. All new in box. I was blown away. I've been to some other stores in the manasses area...and Loudoun was awesome. I would definitely go back to Loudoun. I'm not talking trash about the other stores, i'm just saying i really enjoyed my experience at Loudoun Guns.

www.loudoungunsinc.com

They are a little overpriced IMO. Paid $760 for a G30SF with nightsights. They have most guns in stock so thats maybe where the value is.
Mossberg 500A Tactical
RRA CAR A4
jimmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 20:33   #45
MavsX
The Dude Abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmz View Post
They are a little overpriced IMO. Paid $760 for a G30SF with nightsights. They have most guns in stock so thats maybe where the value is.
Yeah, i would agree that they are more expensive than other shops. But, they do have great selection. So yeah, you're right. With higher demand, comes higher prices.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:10   #46
4570Lever

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskk1967 View Post
Purcell Store Inc. 141 East Main Street Purcellville Va 20132 540-338-8080 www.purcellguns.com , Class 3,
My experience has been that this guy is a total, self absorbed jerk who does NOT give a rat's ass about his customers. Had bought serious items there in the past, later attempted a small return on a defective magazine and he essentially called me a liar, trying to get it to work after I described at length what was wrong with it and wanted to get a refund. Basically refused to help me and said all I could do was return it to the manufacturer since his distributor "wouldn't accept it back" which is nonsense. Distributors are interested in sales and most good ones would be more than happy to keep a good shop satisfied.

He will never get my business again. Extraordinarily smug and happy to mark up ammo during the panic, but when the panic passes and he's short of customers this former regular will be happy to continue shoppin elsewhere. One of the few on my Never Again Blacklist. His attitude is Me, Me and How much money can I make and you lousy customers can take it or leave it, you need it I got it and if you want it pay me or tough s***.
4570Lever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:24   #47
4570Lever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocktastic View Post
Hey all. There's, I think, a relatively new Glock Armorer in Winchester, VA: Frederick County Firearms, http://www.fcfirearms.com/.

I took my Glock 17 in yesterday because my slide was jammed. Harlan, the main shopkeeper, took the time to fix it and didn't even charge me--even after I told him I bought the gun at the new big box Gander Mountain nearby. He wasn't too happy about that, understandably, but he helped out me nonetheless and was really pretty cool about it, advising me in the future to buy from a specialty gun store.

I bought an extra clip there for his trouble and because I can always use an additional magazine. All in all, I had a positive experience there and would recommend fellow Glockers to check them out.
His prices are good, and he has some stock on good items and a nice clean store. That said, he manages to start an argument every time I have a conversation with him. The last time, after I told him I had scored some WWB 9mm from Walmart, he proceeded to tell me it was all junk, factory seconds, etc. The reason WHY I don't beleive that is for the volume WM sells, Winchester would have to have a factory running full tilt deliberately producing crap. Plus, ive never had a problem with it, accuracy or otherwise. Its legion of fans, especially here also tell the tale. He seems nice otherwise.
Old 06-09-2009, 13:14   #48
4570Lever

delete

Last edited by 4570Lever; 06-10-2009 at 16:14.. Reason: high prices
Old 06-26-2009, 19:05   #49
Glocktastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4570Lever View Post
His prices are good, and he has some stock on good items and a nice clean store. That said, he manages to start an argument every time I have a conversation with him. The last time, after I told him I had scored some WWB 9mm from Walmart, he proceeded to tell me it was all junk, factory seconds, etc. The reason WHY I don't beleive that is for the volume WM sells, Winchester would have to have a factory running full tilt deliberately producing crap. Plus, ive never had a problem with it, accuracy or otherwise. Its legion of fans, especially here also tell the tale. He seems nice otherwise.
Sorry to hear that. My best experiences have been at Virginia Arms in Manassas and Swanson's in [H]oodbridge, although I have not been to the latter in quite some time. I also like Dominion Outdoors in Stuarts Draft, but that's a very long drive. It's beautiful that way though.
Old 06-28-2009, 23:33   #50
4570Lever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocktastic View Post
My best experiences have been at Virginia Arms in Manassas
I've gotten a few great deals from Bernie. One of the few shops I recommend highly.
Old 07-13-2009, 13:14   #51
RedKnightt

Silver Eagle Group in Ashburn (Loudoun County, Northern Virginia)

[url]http://www.silvereagle-group.com/[/url]

44620 Guilford Dr
Ashburn, VA 20147-6053
(703) 723-4910

They've also got 3 ranges and do classes.
RedKnightt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 13:23   #52
RedKnightt

hmmm..oddly timed double tap

Last edited by RedKnightt; 07-14-2009 at 09:02..
RedKnightt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 15:41   #53
16-17

We were in Smithfield today, stopped in at a place called Concealed Carry VA. Very small store but Joe is a great guy. He's a new store and trying to build his business. He hopes to open a range near Smithfield within a couple of years.
16-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:58   #54
durian00

Saw in another forum that VA Arms got its Class 3 license. NFA stuff (e.g., suppressors) to come in months.
durian00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 21:00   #55
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Send a message via AIM to DScottHewitt Send a message via Yahoo to DScottHewitt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonk View Post
I know that we GTOD'ers are scattered clear across the Commonwealth, but we do on occasion get out of our normal areas. As part of that sight-seeing, most of us want to know where the good gun stores are, like the post this week on whether Green Top is worth a stop. Heck, I have to go to Richmond next week, I'm curious about other stores in the area.

Anyone want to volunteer to run it up?
I have been faithful to Todd and his people since they were in a TINY shop next to Food Lion and Family Dollar in Stuarts Draft. They now have a building of their own they built in Fishersvile. Exit 91 {Fishersville Exit} then head towards s}Stuarts Draft. There will be a Sheetz on your left and a McDonalds on the right. About one quarter to one half mile on the left. Entrance is BEFORE the store. {Between them and the strip mall next door.}

http://www.dominionoutdoors.com/index.php

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DScottHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 20:11   #56
rangerabn

good shopping at Superior Pawn & Gun

My wife and I have to give a good report for Superior Pawn & Gun in Virginia Beach. Great service, knowledgeable help, and their prices were better than anyone I found. We did happen upon them during one of their sales, but they can't be beat in my opinion. We purchased two Glocks from them, a 17 and a 32.

They helped us with a holster choice, and told us not to buy some things, very honest and true. Both women and men salespersons. They made my wife and I very comfortable.
rangerabn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:49   #57
1108VA

If your ever in Appomattox County, stop in and see us at the Outpost Gun Shop on Rt.460. Its a small shop but we can usually get what our customers need, especially Glock related.
1108VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:05   #58
MavsX
The Dude Abides

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start --> <!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start --> NOVA Armament grand opening is Jan 30 http://www.novaarmament.com/

I thought i'd update this thread with a new gun shop located in Herndon VA

I hope they do well.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:27   #59
NOVA Armament

We are definitely up and running!

Please stop by and see us:

NOVA Armament, LLC
795 Center Street #4A
Herndon, VA 20170
Phone: 703-435-4222
www.novaarmament.com