Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:59   #26
trimaransailor5

eastern shore?

I am moving to Accomack County on the eastern shore. Anyone know of any good gun shops that will handle FFL transfers? Also, are there any pistol ranges on the eastern shore that are open to the public?
trimaransailor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 11:25   #27
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

I got a couple that I go to in the area
New River Equipment,
2481 Wysor Highway
Draper, VA
Basically you get off of I-81 and go south on Rt. 100 a ways it is on the right side of the road just before you get to the New River bridge. Well stocked for a small shop. I have only been there once and haven't bought anything yet so.....

K and K guns
167 Ridge Ave
Rural Retreat, VA 24368

This is my gun shop right here. Not as well stocked but Cliff is easy to work with, but a little hard to get to know so.... He is pretty fair on his prices and would get me just about anything I need I think. Deals mostly in sig pistols and has a large array of hunting gear. has some holsters too though. Did I mention he was a Class III dealer and has cans and autos in the shop to browse over???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJYsX1YGiGA
Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:52   #28
Critter Capper

Send a message via AIM to Critter Capper
Whitetail outfitters, Ltd.
Christiansburg/Riner, Va 24073 24149

1-540-381-9790

I'd rather be Judged by twelve, than Carried by six
Critter Capper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 14:06   #29
Richard Simmons
American Icon

In the Roanoke area we just had a new Sportsmans Warehouse open up on 11/21/07 near the Home Depot off of Hershberger Rd.

Also out in the Montvale area, east of Roanoke on Rte 460 is Roadside Sporting Goods. They're kind of in the back next to the BP station.

The Sportsmans Warehouse was closed back in April 2009 as I recall.

Last edited by Richard Simmons; 06-29-2009 at 12:46..
Richard Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:04   #30
Nicko
GTDS FOR LIFE

Send a message via AIM to Nicko Send a message via Yahoo to Nicko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron666Maiden View Post
When I am in Norfolk (which is about half the year) I usually like to shoot at A&P arms in virginia beach.....its laid back. The shop itself leaves a little to be desired though.

Bobs suffers from too many good ole boys and range nazis. IMO
+1
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 15:12   #31
m4arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron666Maiden View Post
When I am in Norfolk (which is about half the year) I usually like to shoot at A&P arms in virginia beach.....its laid back. The shop itself leaves a little to be desired though.

Bobs suffers from too many good ole boys and range nazis. IMO
I've found the exact opposite to be true. A&P *****es if you fire more than two rounds in 5 seconds and the employees in there are more concerned with pretending to be super secret squirrel ninjas than they are helping any one out.

The times I've been to Bob's has been quite pleasant and they didn't care how fast my follow up shot were.

Odd....
Old 03-01-2008, 12:06   #32
orlando_5

Fish Safari

It's not really a gun shop but they do FFL transfer and will special order firearms for you. I deal with them few months ago when we group ordered 10 AR15 receivers. They charged $10 per transfer so the money we saved was substantial.

Fish Safari
2029 Lynnhaven Parkway, #550
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
http://www.fishsafari.com/

The corner of Princess Ann Rd. and Lynnhaven Parkway. Just left of the Wal-Mart Super Center.
orlando_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:57   #33
WayaX
Lifetime Membership

Stonewall Arms
2438 Valley Ave
Winchester, Va 22601

http://www.stonewallarms.com

Class III dealer and all.
"Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph."

-Haile Selassie I
WayaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 16:33   #34
edrobert

Blue Ridge Arsenal

Was in NOVA today on business and had a little extra time to burn so I looked up local ranges and came across Blue Ridge Arsenal. Spent an hour there and have to say that I really liked the place. The people were nice and had a chance to meet the owner Earl....nice guy. I'll be sure to check them out again next time I'm in the area. You guys got any other ranges you can recommened when I'm NOVA?
Old 04-16-2008, 18:07   #35
na$ty-ta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormazd View Post
I like A&P Arms in Hampton. Knowledgeable folks and good prices (except Glocks 'cause they don't honor the LE/Military discount).

Nice perk is 5 free range trips (at Va Beach location) with purchase of a gun.

I haven't found any Hampton Roads store that fully honors the Glock discount. I went up to Town Police Supply in Richmond when I bought my 19.

The MCX at Camp Allen is an LE Dealer for our area.
Called Glock today and asked.

They can get ya the LE price, but it has to be ordered from Glock and the wait right now is 8-12 weeks.

Kyle
Old 04-17-2008, 01:20   #36
Ormazd

Quote:
Originally Posted by na$ty-ta View Post
The MCX at Camp Allen is an LE Dealer for our area.
Called Glock today and asked.

They can get ya the LE price, but it has to be ordered from Glock and the wait right now is 8-12 weeks.

Kyle
Yeah, they're supposedly an LE dealer. Ask them their price and then call Town Police Supply to compare. You can pay more AND wait 2-3 months to get your Glock!
Ormazd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 23:39   #37
na$ty-ta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormazd View Post
Yeah, they're supposedly an LE dealer. Ask them their price and then call Town Police Supply to compare. You can pay more AND wait 2-3 months to get your Glock!
I talked to Glock yesterday about it and it looks like ill just use the Ind Officer Order Form and order it straight from Glock for $428.61 with tax and wait the 8-12 weeks Glock Said and just use the MCX for there $15 FFL Fee.

What does Town Plice Supply Charge???

Kyle
Old 05-18-2008, 06:16   #38
finz50

Send a message via AIM to finz50
I got to the Marksman in Newport News(primarily)http://www.the-marksman.com/, VA Gun and Supply in Newport News, or Bob's Gun Shop in Norfolk.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:47   #39
novaDAK

_____

Last edited by novaDAK; 06-06-2011 at 04:43..
novaDAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 16:18   #40
shotgunner427

I have to give another endorsement for Dances Sporting Goods as well, they have shown me nothing but respect and helpfulness, which is a hard thing for me to find these days. I don't mind going out of my way to give them my business. If they had a range it would be the only place that I would frequent.
...plus the food isnt too bad either. You get a little hungry when you go in to buy a box of rounds, and end up spending almost an hour in there checking out the consignment pieces.
Old 10-10-2008, 14:42   #41
Glocktastic

Hey all. There's, I think, a relatively new Glock Armorer in Winchester, VA: Frederick County Firearms, http://www.fcfirearms.com/.

I took my Glock 17 in yesterday because my slide was jammed. Harlan, the main shopkeeper, took the time to fix it and didn't even charge me--even after I told him I bought the gun at the new big box Gander Mountain nearby. He wasn't too happy about that, understandably, but he helped out me nonetheless and was really pretty cool about it, advising me in the future to buy from a specialty gun store.

I bought an extra clip there for his trouble and because I can always use an additional magazine. All in all, I had a positive experience there and would recommend fellow Glockers to check them out.
Old 01-10-2009, 14:17   #42
Olivers_AR

There is a Dick's formally know as REI in Fair Lakes and one in Dulles Town Center (ammo, supplies, shotguns, long guns, no handguns).

The Walmart in Fair Lakes has ammo and the Walmart in Leesburg sold both ammo and some shotguns, bolt actions, muzzleloaders.

Silver Eagle Group (Sterling) just opened up.

NRA range has ammo - no firearms (other then the For Sale board) and no rentals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watsoncb View Post
Is there a store somewhere around Fairfax?
Olivers_AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:46   #43
MavsX
The Dude Abides

I thought i would add to this list. I bought my Glock 22 from Loudoun Guns. That place is awesome. They have the biggest selection of hand guns. And lots of them too. All new in box. I was blown away. I've been to some other stores in the manasses area...and Loudoun was awesome. I would definitely go back to Loudoun. I'm not talking trash about the other stores, i'm just saying i really enjoyed my experience at Loudoun Guns.

www.loudoungunsinc.com
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 21:14   #44
jimmz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX View Post
I thought i would add to this list. I bought my Glock 22 from Loudoun Guns. That place is awesome. They have the biggest selection of hand guns. And lots of them too. All new in box. I was blown away. I've been to some other stores in the manasses area...and Loudoun was awesome. I would definitely go back to Loudoun. I'm not talking trash about the other stores, i'm just saying i really enjoyed my experience at Loudoun Guns.

www.loudoungunsinc.com

They are a little overpriced IMO. Paid $760 for a G30SF with nightsights. They have most guns in stock so thats maybe where the value is.
Mossberg 500A Tactical
RRA CAR A4
jimmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 20:33   #45
MavsX
The Dude Abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmz View Post
They are a little overpriced IMO. Paid $760 for a G30SF with nightsights. They have most guns in stock so thats maybe where the value is.
Yeah, i would agree that they are more expensive than other shops. But, they do have great selection. So yeah, you're right. With higher demand, comes higher prices.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:10   #46
4570Lever

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskk1967 View Post
Purcell Store Inc. 141 East Main Street Purcellville Va 20132 540-338-8080 www.purcellguns.com , Class 3,
My experience has been that this guy is a total, self absorbed jerk who does NOT give a rat's ass about his customers. Had bought serious items there in the past, later attempted a small return on a defective magazine and he essentially called me a liar, trying to get it to work after I described at length what was wrong with it and wanted to get a refund. Basically refused to help me and said all I could do was return it to the manufacturer since his distributor "wouldn't accept it back" which is nonsense. Distributors are interested in sales and most good ones would be more than happy to keep a good shop satisfied.

He will never get my business again. Extraordinarily smug and happy to mark up ammo during the panic, but when the panic passes and he's short of customers this former regular will be happy to continue shoppin elsewhere. One of the few on my Never Again Blacklist. His attitude is Me, Me and How much money can I make and you lousy customers can take it or leave it, you need it I got it and if you want it pay me or tough s***.
4570Lever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:24   #47
4570Lever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocktastic View Post
Hey all. There's, I think, a relatively new Glock Armorer in Winchester, VA: Frederick County Firearms, http://www.fcfirearms.com/.

I took my Glock 17 in yesterday because my slide was jammed. Harlan, the main shopkeeper, took the time to fix it and didn't even charge me--even after I told him I bought the gun at the new big box Gander Mountain nearby. He wasn't too happy about that, understandably, but he helped out me nonetheless and was really pretty cool about it, advising me in the future to buy from a specialty gun store.

I bought an extra clip there for his trouble and because I can always use an additional magazine. All in all, I had a positive experience there and would recommend fellow Glockers to check them out.
His prices are good, and he has some stock on good items and a nice clean store. That said, he manages to start an argument every time I have a conversation with him. The last time, after I told him I had scored some WWB 9mm from Walmart, he proceeded to tell me it was all junk, factory seconds, etc. The reason WHY I don't beleive that is for the volume WM sells, Winchester would have to have a factory running full tilt deliberately producing crap. Plus, ive never had a problem with it, accuracy or otherwise. Its legion of fans, especially here also tell the tale. He seems nice otherwise.
Old 06-09-2009, 13:14   #48
4570Lever

delete

Last edited by 4570Lever; 06-10-2009 at 16:14.. Reason: high prices
Old 06-26-2009, 19:05   #49
Glocktastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4570Lever View Post
His prices are good, and he has some stock on good items and a nice clean store. That said, he manages to start an argument every time I have a conversation with him. The last time, after I told him I had scored some WWB 9mm from Walmart, he proceeded to tell me it was all junk, factory seconds, etc. The reason WHY I don't beleive that is for the volume WM sells, Winchester would have to have a factory running full tilt deliberately producing crap. Plus, ive never had a problem with it, accuracy or otherwise. Its legion of fans, especially here also tell the tale. He seems nice otherwise.
Sorry to hear that. My best experiences have been at Virginia Arms in Manassas and Swanson's in [H]oodbridge, although I have not been to the latter in quite some time. I also like Dominion Outdoors in Stuarts Draft, but that's a very long drive. It's beautiful that way though.
Old 06-28-2009, 23:33   #50
4570Lever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocktastic View Post
My best experiences have been at Virginia Arms in Manassas
I've gotten a few great deals from Bernie. One of the few shops I recommend highly.