Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2011, 17:52   #1021
S.O.Interceptor
Khem-Adam
 
S.O.Interceptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Rock of Eternity
Posts: 3,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post


Cop Talk

Blade-Tech custom high-gloss kydex radio pouch
I've been looking for a high ride radio holder. Our radios are garbage so I have to take the damn thing out half the time and do the Statue of Liberty. I like to carry it up front but all my radio holder mount the damn thing 5 inches below the belt and it stabs me in the leg, so it currently rides at about 8 o'clock, which makes getting it out difficult.
__________________
Rest In Peace Dad! I love you!!!!
Rest In Peace Mom! I love you!!!!
Quote:
And if you have to go H-2-H, unload your holster gun first and rely on your concealed BUG, so that if the nut-job gets your holster gun it will be empty.
S.O.Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 14:30   #1022
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,489
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Yeah, have we seen LM800s yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsd2407 View Post
Please don't be hatin'...it took a lot of work to move stuff around to even get that space!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post
Post a photo and I'll help you out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
He was gonna post it, but he left his camera at Glocker424's place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Oh no you didn't.
My pics are in this thread somewhere a while back and I since switched it up a bit but the space issue didn't get any better. I'll get a new pic up when I get my camera back from Glock424, was it? Who is that guy? A mall ninja?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 14:33   #1023
DaBigBR
No Infidels!
 
DaBigBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Circling the wagons.
Posts: 15,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
My pics are in this thread somewhere a while back and I since switched it up a bit but the space issue didn't get any better. I'll get a new pic up when I get my camera back from Glock424, was it? Who is that guy? A mall ninja?
He claimed to be NYPD and repeatedly promised to post his gear, but never did. Similar issues with him were seen throughout a number of other threads where he tried very hard to talk the talk, but just did not seem right.
__________________
"Logic is rarely the engine that propels a police department forward."

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 14:49   #1024
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,489
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
He claimed to be NYPD and repeatedly promised to post his gear, but never did. Similar issues with him were seen throughout a number of other threads where he tried very hard to talk the talk, but just did not seem right.
Damn you! Now I have to go back and find all the pics o have posted ao far in this thread. I think I posted 2 pics, one with my G21 setup and one when I went Cochese and got the G34.

I am not with the NYPD! I repeat! I'm not with NYPD!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 16:36   #1025
HomeLandPatriot
Senior Member
 
HomeLandPatriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post
Well, how'd it work out for you?
Sorry about the really late reply. To be honest, kinda forgot about my post here lol.

Ill get some pictures and a report up here soon.

Over all though, very happy. Its light, it affixes to my vest very cleanly and discretely, and so far its supporting the weight of a glock 30 just fine.

I will ask this though.

How are people clipping their shoulder mic's to their shoulders? I find I either get a lot of pull when I put it on my shoulder (just popped a button off the other night getting out of the car) or when I attach it to my collar, it pulls my shirt all open, looks unkept. I could have sworn them made some kind of clip or something to keep everything looking neat when clipping a shoulder mic to you shirt.

Last edited by HomeLandPatriot; 05-22-2011 at 16:40..
HomeLandPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 16:59   #1026
AggiePhil
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
AggiePhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,382


Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeLandPatriot View Post
How are people clipping their shoulder mic's to their shoulders? I find I either get a lot of pull when I put it on my shoulder (just popped a button off the other night getting out of the car) or when I attach it to my collar, it pulls my shirt all open, looks unkept. I could have sworn them made some kind of clip or something to keep everything looking neat when clipping a shoulder mic to you shirt.
I use the TMK (http://www.thetmk.com/home.html) attached to my top shirt button. We have those old school metal shirt buttons with the cotter pin backings. I had to open up the TMK's button channel a little bit but once I did that, it worked like a charm. Drops the mic down slightly and more importantly, attaches it to my shirt securely (the mic's clip won't stay attached to just the shirt fabric--always falls off). You can also attach it to the button on your shoulder epaulette, assuming that your uniform has one. I used to mount mine there but I prefer to have the mic positioned near my sternum. GT Distributors sells the TMK, as do other retailers I'm sure.

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Glad to hear that the 5.11 Holster Pouch is working for you.

Last edited by AggiePhil; 05-22-2011 at 17:01..
AggiePhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 17:02   #1027
MeefZah
Cover is Code 3
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 3,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
I've never seen anyone carry mags at 9 on a duty rig. Interesting, and sound logic.
This is from like 3 pages back, because I don't look at this thread very often, but I also carry my mags there; in a G&G open top case. Same place off duty, same draw, etc.
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 17:06   #1028
MeefZah
Cover is Code 3
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 3,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeLandPatriot View Post
How are people clipping their shoulder mic's to their shoulders? I find I either get a lot of pull when I put it on my shoulder (just popped a button off the other night getting out of the car) or when I attach it to my collar, it pulls my shirt all open, looks unkept. I could have sworn them made some kind of clip or something to keep everything looking neat when clipping a shoulder mic to you shirt.
I go up the back on the same side as the radio (not across the back), under the epaulet, and then clipped to the open collar kind of upside down. Even if it falls off while running, it is tethered by the epaulet. Plus, in a high noise enviornment, you can unclip it from the open collar and let it dangle from the epaulet, which causes the coil cord to pull the mic up / backwards and basically plant it in a position to project right into your ear.

Hmm, reading over that, it sounds really confusing. Sorry.
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 18:23   #1029
HomeLandPatriot
Senior Member
 
HomeLandPatriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post
I use the TMK (http://www.thetmk.com/home.html) attached to my top shirt button. We have those old school metal shirt buttons with the cotter pin backings. I had to open up the TMK's button channel a little bit but once I did that, it worked like a charm. Drops the mic down slightly and more importantly, attaches it to my shirt securely (the mic's clip won't stay attached to just the shirt fabric--always falls off). You can also attach it to the button on your shoulder epaulette, assuming that your uniform has one. I used to mount mine there but I prefer to have the mic positioned near my sternum. GT Distributors sells the TMK, as do other retailers I'm sure.

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Glad to hear that the 5.11 Holster Pouch is working for you.
Very cool, thanks! I'm ordering one now. Just one question, im guessing the alligator clip on the back of my mic I just rotate sideways and it clips inside the opening on the front?
HomeLandPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 18:30   #1030
AggiePhil
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
AggiePhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,382


You got it.
AggiePhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:31   #1031
jcsd2407
Senior Member
 
jcsd2407's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post
I use the TMK (http://www.thetmk.com/home.html) attached to my top shirt button. We have those old school metal shirt buttons with the cotter pin backings. I had to open up the TMK's button channel a little bit but once I did that, it worked like a charm. Drops the mic down slightly and more importantly, attaches it to my shirt securely (the mic's clip won't stay attached to just the shirt fabric--always falls off). You can also attach it to the button on your shoulder epaulette, assuming that your uniform has one. I used to mount mine there but I prefer to have the mic positioned near my sternum. GT Distributors sells the TMK, as do other retailers I'm sure.

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Glad to hear that the 5.11 Holster Pouch is working for you.
I use this and love it! There's also something available called the walkieclip, which is basically a stiffened piece of nylon with a D-ring. There are different versions to clip on the epaulet button, front shirt button, and tactical chest rig. I went with the TMK mainly because my department doesn't allow cordura looking nylon but this is still a viable option.
__________________
_____________________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Husband, Father, Minister, Deputy w/G22 and G27
Romans 8:28-31
Sub Club #2407
jcsd2407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 13:19   #1032
jcsd2407
Senior Member
 
jcsd2407's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 112
Cop Talk
Okay the latest version of my belt with the 5.11 open mag carrier, and three sets of cuffs; Still with a little open space in the back I might add.
__________________
_____________________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Husband, Father, Minister, Deputy w/G22 and G27
Romans 8:28-31
Sub Club #2407
jcsd2407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 14:36   #1033
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member
 
Glockdude1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Beaumont,Texas
Posts: 27,225


Quote:
Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post
I use the TMK (http://www.thetmk.com/home.html) attached to my top shirt button. We have those old school metal shirt buttons with the cotter pin backings. I had to open up the TMK's button channel a little bit but once I did that, it worked like a charm. Drops the mic down slightly and more importantly, attaches it to my shirt securely (the mic's clip won't stay attached to just the shirt fabric--always falls off). You can also attach it to the button on your shoulder epaulette, assuming that your uniform has one. I used to mount mine there but I prefer to have the mic positioned near my sternum. GT Distributors sells the TMK, as do other retailers I'm sure.

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Glad to hear that the 5.11 Holster Pouch is working for you.
I too use the TMK on the shoulder. Can't work without it.

__________________
"Some People Are Like Slinkies. They're Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring a Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glockdude1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 17:01   #1034
djm392
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Posts: 43
anybody else prefer to remove the cord and use a clip and radio as a hand held?
__________________
No man who is occupied in doing a very difficult thing, and doing it very well, ever loses his self-respect.
-George Bernard Shaw
djm392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 17:05   #1035
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,297


Quote:
Originally Posted by djm392 View Post
anybody else prefer to remove the cord and use a clip and radio as a hand held?
That's what I do. I'm waiting to be issued a Motorola APX6000. BladeTech is coming out with a TekLok belt holder for the APX series next month. They are supposed to call me when its ready.

I don't care for remote mics. I've also found my reception to be better on my statewide XTS5000 without a mic attached.
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 19:16   #1036
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,489
Blog Entries: 1
I love the remote mic. My radio pouch is just that, a pouch, with a button down bungee cord for retention. To use it as a real handheld, I have to either leave it unclipped, or unclip it everytime to take it out to transmit.

One time the radio went flying out when I had to run after a suspect. So... I use a remote mic everytime. Saves me the trouble and I also can hear it better with the mic next to my ear on the lapel.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 19:34   #1037
spyd3r05
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 71
Cop Talk
2x Glock 37 10rd mags; cuff key on oc case; sabre red oc; Moto xts3000; kubatan; hinged cuffs (unk brand); gall's asp; Glock 37; strion led.. Not shown Sog aegis knife, Sometimes XD40 SC on ankle.. though I'm looking to get rid of it for a 380
spyd3r05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 19:34   #1038
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,297


Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
I love the remote mic. My radio pouch is just that, a pouch, with a button down bungee cord for retention. To use it as a real handheld, I have to either leave it unclipped, or unclip it everytime to take it out to transmit.

One time the radio went flying out when I had to run after a suspect. So... I use a remote mic everytime. Saves me the trouble and I also can hear it better with the mic next to my ear on the lapel.
My pouch from Center of Mass holsters is open top kydex and holds the radio in with friction. I don't work in CA but I've been known to stir up a foot chase now and again. Never lost my radio. I did temporarily lose a G26 from an ankle holster after scaling a cinderblock fence.

I can hear fine without the Mic and earpiece. Only time I use them is if I am working a highway/interstate district with bad weather and I know I will be wearing a big coat.

I also use an earpiece on overtime gigs at our event centers. Concerts are loud!
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."

Last edited by Cochese; 05-28-2011 at 19:35..
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:34   #1039
PA_Shooter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsd2407 View Post
Cop Talk
Okay the latest version of my belt with the 5.11 open mag carrier, and three sets of cuffs; Still with a little open space in the back I might add.
Nice, but I highly recommend you remove the labels off the your spare glock magazine(s). One rainy day during firearms training I watched a guy fumbling with a magazine trying to load it into his gun during qualifications. Turns out the label on his magazine started peeling due to the rain and 'effed his shiz up! Just a heads up!
PA_Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 20:39   #1040
jcsd2407
Senior Member
 
jcsd2407's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_Shooter View Post
Nice, but I highly recommend you remove the labels off the your spare glock magazine(s). One rainy day during firearms training I watched a guy fumbling with a magazine trying to load it into his gun during qualifications. Turns out the label on his magazine started peeling due to the rain and 'effed his shiz up! Just a heads up!
Appreciate the tip...shows how often I shoot them, only when the dept. qual comes around. I probably try to clean them up tonight.
__________________
_____________________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Husband, Father, Minister, Deputy w/G22 and G27
Romans 8:28-31
Sub Club #2407
jcsd2407 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 20:45.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,259
359 Members
900 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31