GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2011, 17:01   #1001
FiremanMike
Way too busy
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 3,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar-steve View Post
Cop Talk
Talk to me about this vest holster....
FiremanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:55   #1002
ar-steve
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: washington
Posts: 290
Its a piece of elastic stitched on to the vest carrier
Cop Talk
ar-steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:45   #1003
FiremanMike
Way too busy
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 3,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar-steve View Post
Its a piece of elastic stitched on to the vest carrier
Does it not make a huge gun shaped bump in the front of your shirt.. Certainly this would be less noticeable in a winter uniform, but what about summer garb?
FiremanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:58   #1004
ar-steve
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: washington
Posts: 290
I wear a jump suit all winter, and it does not show up under that.
In the summer time I usually end up with an ankle holster with a J frame in it
Cop Talk
ar-steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 23:47   #1005
ar-steve
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: washington
Posts: 290
***Up date****

The elastic strap stitched to the vest has now driven me insane.
I have switched to the same method as AggiePhil.
ar-steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:05   #1006
jcsd2407
Senior Member
 
jcsd2407's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar-steve View Post
Its a piece of elastic stitched on to the vest carrier
Cop Talk
Interesting idea, sorry it didn't work out.
__________________
_____________________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Husband, Father, Minister, Deputy w/G22 and G27
Romans 8:28-31
Sub Club #2407
jcsd2407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 15:32   #1007
ar-steve
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: washington
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsd2407 View Post
Interesting idea, sorry it didn't work out.
It worked perfect when I had a Kahr cw40. Then I got the glock and it is too thick for that spot.
ar-steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:35   #1008
jcsd2407
Senior Member
 
jcsd2407's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 112
Cop Talk

Here's the most recent version of my duty belt, soon to change though since I need another belt for a mobile field force I'm now on.
__________________
_____________________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Husband, Father, Minister, Deputy w/G22 and G27
Romans 8:28-31
Sub Club #2407
jcsd2407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 20:34   #1009
spyd3r05
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar-steve View Post
Its a piece of elastic stitched on to the vest carrier
Cop Talk
What ear piece setup is that... How do you like it?
spyd3r05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 23:27   #1010
ar-steve
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: washington
Posts: 290
Its the one they gave me. just a clear hollow tube & ear piece, works good.

Dont know what brand, I never looked at the packaging.
ar-steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 21:51   #1011
AggiePhil
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
AggiePhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,382


Alright, I've been putting off posting these pics for a long time. I've put a lot of time, thought, and money into my new duty belt setup. It focuses all my items up front and leaves me with a back that is completely clear. Yes, I only have one set of cuffs on the belt now. But I carry a second set on the spotlight and take them with me whenever I think I might need an extra set. Another alternative would be a handcuff strap up front. Having the back clear is just way too comfortable.

I also went to a belt with a plastic buckle because it allows me to run pouches all the way up against it and not have to worry about tucking the excess belt material in every time I put on the belt. It's so much easier to put this belt on than the last one because I just sling it around my waist, snap the buckle, and I'm done. Sadly, I found out today that Safariland no longer makes this model of belt. Anyone know of another manufacturer that makes a similar belt in high-gloss?

Anyway, here is my current setup...

Cop Talk

Safariland 9443 belt, AE Nelson custom pouch for Panasonic Arbitrator MVS microphone, AE Nelson slim keeper, Peacekeeper Products 26" Rapid Containment Baton (RCB) in Secure-Lock Rotational Holster, AE Nelson slim keeper, Safariland Model 79 slim line mag pouch, Blade-Tech custom high-gloss kydex radio pouch for Motorola XTS5000 radio (radio has a Motorola Commander II mic attached, an AWESOME piece of kit--I also use a listen-only earpiece attached to it), two Safariland hidden snap keepers, Streamlight Strion LED flashlight in a Safariland open top holder, Safariland keeper w/handcuff key attached, Safariland Raptor holster w/GLOCK 22, Safariland 090H open top pouch for hinged cuffs w/ASP chained cuffs inside (fits like a glove), Safariland open top OC pouch w/Fox Labs OC.


Now, here is how I had things until recently when I swapped out the Don Hume mag pouch for the Safariland Model 79 slim line mag pouch. It moves the radio forward a little and gives me a bit more room in the back. I'm really just trying to increase the efficiency and prepare for a TASER that I hope is coming before too much longer.

Cop Talk


And here's what I was running back in 2007. You can see how far I've come.

Cop Talk
AggiePhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 22:09   #1012
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,488
Blog Entries: 1
I hate all of you with empty space on the belt!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 22:15   #1013
jcsd2407
Senior Member
 
jcsd2407's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
I hate all of you with empty space on the belt!
Please don't be hatin'...it took a lot of work to move stuff around to even get that space!
__________________
_____________________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Husband, Father, Minister, Deputy w/G22 and G27
Romans 8:28-31
Sub Club #2407
jcsd2407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:55   #1014
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,488
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsd2407 View Post
Please don't be hatin'...it took a lot of work to move stuff around to even get that space!
I dont even have that option. I have no space to even move anything around. All that would do is reorder things and still leave me no space.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:01   #1015
AggiePhil
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
AggiePhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,382


Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
I dont even have that option. I have no space to even move anything around. All that would do is reorder things and still leave me no space.
Post a photo and I'll help you out.
AggiePhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:03   #1016
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,272


Quote:
Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post
Post a photo and I'll help you out.
Yeah, have we seen LM800s yet?
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."

Last edited by Cochese; 05-19-2011 at 10:04..
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:32   #1017
DaBigBR
No Infidels!
 
DaBigBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Circling the wagons.
Posts: 15,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Yeah, have we seen LM800s yet?
He was gonna post it, but he left his camera at Glocker424's place.
__________________
"Logic is rarely the engine that propels a police department forward."

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:34   #1018
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,272


Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
He was gonna post it, but he left his camera at Glocker424's place.
Oh no you didn't.
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 13:00   #1019
jcsd2407
Senior Member
 
jcsd2407's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post
Alright, I've been putting off posting these pics for a long time. I've put a lot of time, thought, and money into my new duty belt setup. It focuses all my items up front and leaves me with a back that is completely clear. Yes, I only have one set of cuffs on the belt now. But I carry a second set on the spotlight and take them with me whenever I think I might need an extra set. Another alternative would be a handcuff strap up front. Having the back clear is just way too comfortable.

I also went to a belt with a plastic buckle because it allows me to run pouches all the way up against it and not have to worry about tucking the excess belt material in every time I put on the belt. It's so much easier to put this belt on than the last one because I just sling it around my waist, snap the buckle, and I'm done. Sadly, I found out today that Safariland no longer makes this model of belt. Anyone know of another manufacturer that makes a similar belt in high-gloss?

Anyway, here is my current setup...

Cop Talk

Safariland 9443 belt, AE Nelson custom pouch for Panasonic Arbitrator MVS microphone, AE Nelson slim keeper, Peacekeeper Products 26" Rapid Containment Baton (RCB) in Secure-Lock Rotational Holster, AE Nelson slim keeper, Safariland Model 79 slim line mag pouch, Blade-Tech custom high-gloss kydex radio pouch for Motorola XTS5000 radio (radio has a Motorola Commander II mic attached, an AWESOME piece of kit--I also use a listen-only earpiece attached to it), two Safariland hidden snap keepers, Streamlight Strion LED flashlight in a Safariland open top holder, Safariland keeper w/handcuff key attached, Safariland Raptor holster w/GLOCK 22, Safariland 090H open top pouch for hinged cuffs w/ASP chained cuffs inside (fits like a glove), Safariland open top OC pouch w/Fox Labs OC.


Now, here is how I had things until recently when I swapped out the Don Hume mag pouch for the Safariland Model 79 slim line mag pouch. It moves the radio forward a little and gives me a bit more room in the back. I'm really just trying to increase the efficiency and prepare for a TASER that I hope is coming before too much longer.

Cop Talk


And here's what I was running back in 2007. You can see how far I've come.

Cop Talk
The plastic buckle is the way to go...I tried to wear one of my old belts, 2.25 in with a silver buckle, and I can't do it now. The thickness of the belt hurt my back and it just doesn't fit as well as the new belt.
__________________
_____________________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Husband, Father, Minister, Deputy w/G22 and G27
Romans 8:28-31
Sub Club #2407
jcsd2407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 17:49   #1020
What? Me worry?
Senior Member
 
What? Me worry?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,706
Hey guys, I just picked up a pair of ASP hinged cuffs and I'm curious...

Does Safariland make a cuff case that will accomodate the ASP hinged cuffs? In particular, the Safariland model 190 cuff case for oversized cuffs. Anybody here use one of those pouches for their ASP hinged cuffs?

Thanks in advance.
__________________
RIP - RBP
What? Me worry? is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 14:12.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,455
330 Members
1,125 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42