Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-19-2011, 13:29   #941
HomeLandPatriot

Looking for some input on BUG holsters. Trying to get a glock 30 in the small of my back and under my duty belt. So far im having trouble getting my shirt tucked in and my shirt keeper on with any kind of IWB holster.

I'll post a picture of my duty belt if need be to play along
HomeLandPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 13:34   #942
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeLandPatriot View Post
Looking for some input on BUG holsters. Trying to get a glock 30 in the small of my back and under my duty belt. So far im having trouble getting my shirt tucked in and my shirt keeper on with any kind of IWB holster.

If you don't have serious back problems now, you will in a week or two of that!
Old 03-19-2011, 13:35   #943
AggiePhil
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:

That's gonna be real hard to pull off. And even if you could, I think you'd give up on it after a week of having to mess with it. I'd recommend a 5.11 holster pouch in the armpit or an ankle holster.
AggiePhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 13:35   #944
HomeLandPatriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post

If you don't have serious back problems now, you will in a week or two of that!

any other suggestions? Im really open to anything at this point. I've been trying to figure out BUG carry for a while now.

Can't pocket carry, no cargo pockets and my pants pockets are too small. And I don't like ankle carry.
Old 03-19-2011, 13:47   #945
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

You need a "tuckable" iwb holster. The waistband attachment opens up to allow you to tuck your shirt in there so there's nothin showing but a clip. DeSantis makes one. I use the Galco SkyCop.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 13:56   #946
AggiePhil
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The 5.11 holster pouch should not be overlooked. Tuckable IWB holsters are a challenge to use on the right side of the waist with a regular shirt and pair of pants. I cannot imagine getting one to look right when it's mounted behind your back and you're dealing with a fitted and pressed uniform shirt, dual belts, etc. I think you'd spend the money and be disappointed.
Old 03-19-2011, 14:02   #947
HomeLandPatriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post
The 5.11 holster pouch should not be overlooked. Tuckable IWB holsters are a challenge to use on the right side of the waist with a regular shirt and pair of pants. I cannot imagine getting one to look right when it's mounted behind your back and you're dealing with a fitted and pressed uniform shirt, dual belts, etc. I think you'd spend the money and be disappointed.

do you have a link to the 5.11? Ive done a little searching, and I can only find their LBE model. I really like vest carry, im just having trouble finding any products that are up to my demands.

ok, after a little more google fu I found it. Im not quite understanding the hook system though.

Last edited by HomeLandPatriot; 03-19-2011 at 14:07..
Old 03-19-2011, 14:09   #948
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

Quote:

Quote:
any other suggestions? Im really open to anything at this point. I've been trying to figure out BUG carry for a while now.

Can't pocket carry, no cargo pockets and my pants pockets are too small. And I don't like ankle carry.
My strong advice would be to find a smaller BUG. The G30 CAN be concealed, but it will be a lot more work than a G27, small J-frame, or single stack .380. If you insist on using the G30, I would look at carrying either on the vest (under the strap) or in the trauma plate pocket. Neither are terribly fast, but both are more secure and probably even more accessible than a SOB holster, not to mention way safer. Fall on your back with a gun over your spine and you're going to pay for it for a long time.

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 14:18   #949
HomeLandPatriot

The thinking behind the 30 is I carry a 21 on duty, and I'd love to be able to throw one of my duty mags in the 30 if need be if for some reason my 21 ever went down.

I've been mulling around the idea of getting a smaller bug, but I really like the mag and ammo interchangeability.

Vest carry looks promising though. I'll have to give the 5.11 a try.
Old 03-19-2011, 14:23   #950
AggiePhil
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm out in

I'm out in my car right now so you're gonna have to do some digging. I've posted about it on here and on Officer.com before. Do a search here for "5.11 holster pouch" and I bet you'll find my pics. It sticks to your vest.
Old 03-19-2011, 14:29   #951
HomeLandPatriot

Quote:
I'm out in my car right now so you're gonna have to do some digging. I've posted about it on here and on Officer.com before. Do a search here for "5.11 holster pouch" and I bet you'll find my pics. It sticks to your vest.

ok great. Thanks!

Last edited by HomeLandPatriot; 03-19-2011 at 14:30..
Old 03-19-2011, 14:33   #952
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

I agree on the G30 sob carry but it's what he asked for. I was going to buy a G30 as a backup for my G21 until I tried it and realized it was the same size as a G23. I don't like carrying anything sob but I don't have the luxury of a lot of real estate on my waist.

As for vest carry, you will wear out your Velcro straps and all the vest holsters I have seen fit the older type skinny twin Velcro straps instead of the new style big fat single straps on vests. They all also will sag and stretch your vest straps just because a gun is heavy.
Old 03-19-2011, 14:35   #953
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Oh, search 10mmNitesite and his posts. He has a great Pic of his vest front setup where the bug sits in front of the trauma plate pocket.
Old 03-19-2011, 14:40   #954
HomeLandPatriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
I agree on the G30 sob carry but it's what he asked for. I was going to buy a G30 as a backup for my G21 until I tried it and realized it was the same size as a G23. I don't like carrying anything sob but I don't have the luxury of a lot of real estate on my waist.

As for vest carry, you will wear out your Velcro straps and all the vest holsters I have seen fit the older type skinny twin Velcro straps instead of the new style big fat single straps on vests. They all also will sag and stretch your vest straps just because a gun is heavy.

Ah fewy man! Buzz kill on the vest carry . I'll just put steel inserts in my straps . I'm going to try to figure out my G30, but I may just have to entertain the idea of a new bug too.

I'll throw up a pic of my belt now, I've talked enough to warrant at least that lol

Ok here we go.

Cop Talk

From left to right starting with the belt.

Uncle Mikes Duty Belt
26" ASP in ASP rotating scabard
Keeper
ASP Hinged Cuff with ASP case
Keeper
5.11 Light for life. Also waiting on a new carrier for my Stinger LED
Galls Radio carrier
Latex glove carrier
Second handcuff case. S&W chained, stainless cuffs.
Keeper
OC with LawPro case.
Safariland 6280 with Glock 21
Keeper
Cell phone case
Bianchi Patroltek double mag carrier

I have about 4" of space between the ASP case and the radio holder while the belt is on, kinda spread out on the floor. Thinking about carrying my Taser crossdraw there or hopefully getting permission to carry it drop leg.

Last edited by HomeLandPatriot; 03-19-2011 at 15:02..
Old 03-19-2011, 14:52   #955
AggiePhil
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You guys are killing me. This really deserves its own thread. And has before. But anyway, since we're already on the subject, here is an old pic of the 5.11 holster pouch on an old vest with a G27 in it. Notice that the vest straps just go around it and are therefore not stressed in any abnormal way (the ones in the pic were worn out when I got them).

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Cop Talk
Old 03-19-2011, 15:25   #956
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

How does it attach? Looks like you need a big patch of Velcro backing. The only gun I could carry without weight stress is the Ruger LCP.
Old 03-19-2011, 15:46   #957
AggiePhil
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It comes with that big rectangle of Velcro that you see in the last pic. It's big enough to support all the weight if you mount it in the right spot. Plus, the vest straps wraparound and help hold everything in all nice and snug. I think it's only about $15 for the whole thing. Very well built. I should be a rep. lol
Old 03-19-2011, 15:50   #958
HomeLandPatriot

Quote:
It comes with that big rectangle of Velcro that you see in the last pic. It's big enough to support all the weight if you mount it in the right spot. Plus, the vest straps wraparound and help hold everything in all nice and snug. I think it's only about $15 for the whole thing. Very well built. I should be a rep. lol
I just ordered one, looks promising. I'll let ya'll know how it work out when it gets here.

Only $12 too. Can't beat that.
Old 03-19-2011, 18:44   #959
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
It's the 5.11 BBS holster. I used one for a G26 and Taurus 85 for a while; it worked great! Very secure and comfortable. I highly recommend it!

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 21:45   #960
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Too bad my uniform shirts are tailored pretty tight ad I would have zero space for a gun underneath. Looks pretty cool.