SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-11-2011, 18:46   #1101
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

No problems here. 1911 though, not glock. I have hundreds of draw strokes for reloads and the learning curve was short, for me. Good on you though for not just going with popular opinion.
Old 07-11-2011, 21:59   #1102
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
This is the new earpiece I am getting.

http://www.motorola.com/Business/US-...pieces/NTN2570

Cop Talk
check hawk earpieces out, they are the best around
Old 07-12-2011, 00:40   #1103
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

The PD is buying, so I'll take the MOTO. In the event I just need a 3.5mm listen only, I have a nice Surefire EP series in my locker. Hawks not bad either but I prefer Tactical Ear Gadgets.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:12   #1104
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
The PD is buying, so I'll take the MOTO. In the event I just need a 3.5mm listen only, I have a nice Surefire EP series in my locker. Hawks not bad either but I prefer Tactical Ear Gadgets.
Lucky! haha. I'm pretty sure tactical ear gadgets just distributes Hawk. At least on my earpiece it has Tactical ear gadgets printed on the PTT button. I like being able to get warrant returns or whatever right in front of people, you do get some strange looks in restaurants though when you laugh at the dispatcher or whoever and they don't realize you have an earpiece
Old 07-12-2011, 09:27   #1105
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

Cop Talk

Left to Right:
- Safariland Double Mag Case
- X26 in Blackhawk Holster
- RCB Peacekeeper Baton
- Streamlight Strion in Bianchi holder
- Moto XTS5000 in Safariland holder
- S & W chain cuffs in Safariland open top
- Latex Glove pouch
- Peerless Hinge in Bianchi open top
- Key hook
- Glock 21SF w/ Streamlight TLR-1s in Safariland 6360
- Key Keeper for patrol car key
- BBerry case
Old 07-29-2011, 23:13   #1106
blueberry1177

sorry for all the clutter
Cop Talk

I'm 5'10" and pushin' just over 150 and no I do not carry everything pictured everyday.
Leather belt gets used the most, my "Tac" belt more for those cruddy nights and outdoor range training. I know it's missing a holster lol that's because I let my friend borrow it for a little, it's a Safariland Level III, as for my main duty holster standard Safari II.

The brown holster I just picked up from the "outfitter" a town over, he had is taylor make it for me from Taylor, Michigan, I loved it once broken in and molded to my gun. That drop leg bag is full of Door wedges for building clearing, my duty and CC weapon is the Glock 22 .40 cal.
blueberry1177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:35   #1107
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Did you just throw everything you use on the ground and took a pic? That's a lot of stuff!

Last edited by lawman800; 07-30-2011 at 07:36..
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:24   #1108
lndshark

When I first saw your avatar I thought you were MSP...but then I saw that your duty gun wasn't a SIG...whoops, my bad.
lndshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 23:38   #1109
blueberry1177

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Did you just throw everything you use on the ground and took a pic? That's a lot of stuff!
Pretty much lol, got my holster back today so maybe I should change the pic out with an updated one and only show the duty belts.

and ya sorry about the MSP scout car I just did it as a temp thing , I did go to the MSP youth academy though (class commander and class oratator)
blueberry1177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 21:09   #1110
Metro566
Gunfighter

Cop Talk

I thought I'd throw my rig up here...it's not done yet, I'm waiting for my baton to come in (which will be behind my sidearm, between the holster and the cuffs).

Left to right:
01. Buckle
02. Bianchi key silencer (I think?)
03. Safariland handcuff case
04. Keeper
05. Blackhawk! SERPA Taser X26 Holster
06. Keeper
07. Stinger LED in a Stallion Leather holder
08. Motorola XTS2500 in a Boston Leather holder (earpiece not shown)
09. Peerless Blued Chain cuffs in a Stallion Leather case
10. Keeper
11. Glock 22 with TLR-1LED in a Safariland holster
12. Keeper
13. Safariland magazine pouch

I'm 6'1 200lbs, and running out of room. I have elected not to carry OC for 2 reasons...1) I hate the stuff and don't want to be cross-contaminated (I carry a can in my squad though) and 2) I have no room for it. I hate the buckle but our agency requires it for all employees...they say it's a southern thing and being as I work in "the south"....they want us to use buckles

The extra leather tucks nicely under my magazine pouch and is hidden out of the way, it also gives it more security in my opinion.
Metro566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 16:42   #1111
MeefZah
Cover is Code 3

Looking through here I have seen several people using carabiners as key clips on their duty belt. I just started using one. Brilliant!
"No amount of indoctrination or textbook learning will in themselves develop more than efficient mediocrity. Operations should be handled with a combination of force, subtlety, shrewdness, guile, and knowledge born of actual experience." - DF
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:38   #1112
socalchuckster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Looking through here I have seen several people using carabiners as key clips on their duty belt. I just started using one. Brilliant!
I've seen that too a lot lately. I've been using the Zak tool key ring for years and have never had a problem with them. Extreemly strong and if my keys are in there, I don't have to worry about loosing them. After using these, I could never go back to those "silent key holders" lol.

Last edited by socalchuckster; 01-29-2014 at 13:16..
socalchuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 14:14   #1113
MeefZah
Cover is Code 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalchuckster View Post
I've seen that too a lot lately. I've been using the Zak tool key ring for years and have never had a problem with them. Extreemly strong and if my keys are in there, I don't have to worry about loosing them. After using these, I could never go back to those "silent key holders" lol.
I was using one like what you pictured, I like it a lot... but... the carabiner takes up less vertical real estate and does not jab me in the top of the thigh when I sit. Also, because the carabiner has a larger loop, I can snap a pair or two of spare cuffs on there if I am in a hurry.
"No amount of indoctrination or textbook learning will in themselves develop more than efficient mediocrity. Operations should be handled with a combination of force, subtlety, shrewdness, guile, and knowledge born of actual experience." - DF
Old 11-11-2011, 17:14   #1114
socalchuckster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
I was using one like what you pictured, I like it a lot... but... the carabiner takes up less vertical real estate and does not jab me in the top of the thigh when I sit. Also, because the carabiner has a larger loop, I can snap a pair or two of spare cuffs on there if I am in a hurry.
Sweet....never thought of that before. Good to know
socalchuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 21:05   #1115
AggiePhil
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post a pic of this carabiner trick you speak of please.
AggiePhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 21:13   #1116
Goldendog Redux
Shut your mouth

I have recently stopped using an external mic for my radio...my duty belt deconstruction is almost complete. Next is to lose the double cuff case and replace it with a single. Light and fast.

MF
Old 11-12-2011, 19:55   #1117
freeride88

Send a message via AIM to freeride88
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post
Maybe you guys are built differently than me but I doubt it. It is impossible for me to contort the wrist into this position and still effectively grab the magazine...especially under stress. I'd shoot video if I could. With the mag pouch mounted at about 9:30, it cannot be done. With it mounted further forward on the waist (closer to 12:00), it cannot be done.

Basically, you cannot get a proper index along the front of the magazine (bullet side). In my opinion, in order to remove the mag in the most effective manner for this pouch that will set you up for success, placing the mag deep within your palm, you must index along the side of the mag, squeeze around the front and back of the mag, and rip it out. Trying to do it the traditional way does not work because the magazines are simply too close together in the pouch to allow you to get a firm squeeze on the sides of the mag.

Again, these are just my observations from actually working with the pouch on my duty belt for a few months. If it works for you then great. But I would definitely encourage everyone to work with this pouch extensively before adopting it. It could represent a significant change in a critical component of what we do. Again, it may work well for you and it might even work well for me someday. I just haven't figured out how to properly fit it into my manual of arms yet. I want gear that speeds me up, not gear that slows me down.
I don't get this either. The alignment of the mags that you're having so much trouble with is about as natural a grab as it can be. If you can't make your wrist get in that position, how do you zip your pants up? Surely there's just a miscommunication somewhere here.
freeride88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 20:42   #1118
MeefZah
Cover is Code 3

Quote:
Post a pic of this carabiner trick you speak of please.
It's a carabiner on the belt. As in, the belt is threaded through the carabiner. In other words, the belt goes into the hole in the middle of the carabiner.
Old 12-12-2011, 19:09   #1119
bfd1210

This is my duty rig, I am not a police officer, I work private security in Dallas. I hope you don't mind me posting it. I still have a little work to do on it.

Cop Talk

Safariland Nylon Belt
Bianchi Accumold
Surefire 6p and V-70 holder
Def-Tec Bodyguard LE-10
X26
S&W M-100
26" ASP
Sig 229 .40

Last edited by bfd1210; 12-12-2011 at 19:20..
bfd1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 21:14   #1120
AggiePhil
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfd1210 View Post
This is my duty rig, I am not a police officer, I work private security in Dallas. I hope you don't mind me posting it. I still have a little work to do on it.

Cop Talk

Safariland Nylon Belt
Bianchi Accumold
Surefire 6p and V-70 holder
Def-Tec Bodyguard LE-10
X26
S&W M-100
26" ASP
Sig 229 .40
Jesus, private security and you have a TASER, OC, a baton, and a Sig? More weapons than I have!
AggiePhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 22:57   #1121
bfd1210

Quote:
Jesus, private security and you have a TASER, OC, a baton, and a Sig? More weapons than I have!
I work in section 8 apartments in South Dallas, so it's nice to have options

Last edited by bfd1210; 12-14-2011 at 23:08..
bfd1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:46   #1122
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

You're under-armed for Section 8!
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 18:40   #1123
lndshark

Made some updates. New is the baton...no more wood

Also new is the mag pouch...our UOF guy approved me ditching the flaps! Back to my Safariland 79 open-top Slimline.

Cop Talk

We're getting a new chief soon...here's to hoping he opens up our sidearm policy (rumor has it...) and that we will have a choice to carry our own pistols if we so choose. Not that there is anything wrong with the issued XD40, but I'd rather tote my G21SF or a G17.
Old 01-14-2012, 13:31   #1124
bccop

Cop Talk

From left to right:

double mag pouch, Surefire G2X Pro, radio pouch, VTAC AR pouch, Benchmade Rescue Tool, Leatherman Wave, Monadnock, SIG 226R DAK, Sabre Red OC spray, double handcuff case.

I wear an external vest over the suspenders and a tac vest over that if I need it. My tac vest and helmet finally arrived last week.

The suspenders and Monadnock pouch are made by Calde Ridge.

I was just issued the Surefire G2X Pro. We'll see if I like it better than my issued G2 (with different end cap).

Archilochus, Greek Soldier and Poet, 650 BC

Last edited by bccop; 01-14-2012 at 13:33..
bccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 23:05   #1125
Tilley
Man of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfd1210 View Post

Cop Talk
Nice equipment...
Tilley is offline   Reply With Quote