Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-08-2015, 23:22   #1
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Texas cops, MyTcole?

Anyone have any idea when it will be back online?

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

"Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master." - Sallust
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:17   #2
Ftttu

It's down for me, also. I haven't been on for over a year so I don't even remember my password. It it a site you use frequently?
Ftttu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:36   #3
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftttu View Post
It's down for me, also. I haven't been on for over a year so I don't even remember my password. It it a site you use frequently?
I used to log in often when they had dozens of online courses. It was awesome.

About a year or so ago (probably with the ridiculous name change to TCOLE) it all went away.

Anyways, I was trying to log into my account to audit my training. My admin who does such things isnt around right now.

I should only need a class or two for my intermediate and I wanted to knock that out on Classen Buck. (again, everything used to be available through the TCLEOSE site...and it was awesome.)

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

Old 03-09-2015, 01:42   #4
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

...I also used it to order a State picture ID. It is like a drivers license with your PID on it. I carry two wallets (regular and a badge) I keep that ID in my regular wallet.

I think it is just a high quality picture version of that crappy little peace officer license they send you that "self laminates." (you pull it out then fold it over and the edges stick together)

Old 03-09-2015, 05:50   #5
Chuck TX
CLM Number 243
Charter Lifetime Member

It worked a couple weeks ago. Looks like they're doing maintenance. Needs it.

They jacked it up last year when they dropped Education (and Standards) from the name and did away with the classes they previously offered. Then created something new with the promise of more classes. Last time I checked they only had Human Trafficking (4hrs) and How To Use Our New Crappy Site 101 (1hr).
Old 03-09-2015, 12:24   #6
Ftttu

The following is from an e-mail I got from our agency listing some of the courses available at the time. I've been too busy to take a look.

394 Cultural Diversity      8

The purpose of this training is not just to inform, but to increase awareness and understanding; leading to the development of skills that will refine positive communication and enhance productivity in the workforce.
Requirements met: Jailer Training Requirement (4 year cycle), Peace Officer and Telecommunicator Certificate Levels
1994 Learn Our New Site      1

This introduction will give you a general understanding of your online account with TCOLE and the distance education component of our website.
3270 Human Trafficking      4

The goal of this course is to increase your awareness of the issue of human trafficking through exposure of information including victim identification, investigation, rescue and prosecution, referral services and other community responses and coordination activities between various agencies and entities.
Requirements met: Peace Officer Certificate Levels

3383 State and Federal Law Update      3

There were numerous bills passed by the 83rd Legislature that will have an impact on Texas law enforcement. There were administrative changes, changes in existing statues, and new laws.
Requirements met: Peace Officer 2013 – 2015 Unit Mandate
3925 Ethics for Telecommunicators      4

For a public safety dispatcher, the issue of ethics can pop up at almost every turn. And when it does pop up, there is unlikely to be a unanimous opinion on the “right” path to take. But honesty, integrity and reliability are a cornerstone of the public safety profession, and making the correct choice is a critical component. That is why ethics should be a part of a new dispatcher’s training, and part of the continuing education of veteran dispatchers.
Requirements met: Telecommunicator Certificate Levels
420 Crisis Communication Telecommunicator      24

Agencies must provide Telecommunicators hired after 09/01/2011 with the 24-hour Crisis Communications course (TCOLE 0420 or 2120) by the first anniversary of their date of hire. This course is packed with essential information about some of the most critical calls you will receive in your career as a 9-1-1 Professional.
Requirements met: Telecommunicator Licensure and Certificate Levels
412 TDD/TTY      4

The Americans with Disability Act of 1990 requires that persons who are disabled have equal access to 9-1-1 and that all Telecommunicators who process emergency calls train to handle calls from callers who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing or Speech Impaired. This training follows many of the recommendations of the National Emergency Number Association’s E9-1-1 TTY Training Operational Standard.
Requirements met: Telecommunicator Certificate Levels

Course Course Name Credit Number Hours

1305 TCOLE Rules Overview (for Jailers and Telecommunicators) 4

This course is for individuals currently enrolled in the Basic Telecommunicator or Jailer Course. Students are responsible for understanding and adhering to all Commission rules. This online course is designed as a framework for familiarization with this basic rule knowledge.
1033 BPOC Chapter 33 Rules Overview Exam for Peace Officers      0

Students are responsible for understanding and adhering to all Commission rules. Chapter 33 of the Basic Peace Officer Course (#1000) is designed as a framework for familiarization with this basic rule knowledge. This chapter is intended to be taught in a classroom setting, however, the companion exam is offered online for completion.
Ftttu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 13:37   #7
Sharkey

Just FYI (I didn't know until last week), CLEAT members get free membership to PoliceOne Online Academy and some of the required TCOLE classes can be found there too.

I usually don't log on to the TCOLE site unless I have to check my hours or have a specific issue.
Old 03-09-2015, 13:51   #8
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Just FYI (I didn't know until last week), CLEAT members get free membership to PoliceOne Online Academy and some of the required TCOLE classes can be found there too.

I usually don't log on to the TCOLE site unless I have to check my hours or have a specific issue.
I am TMPA...but I will have to look into the Police One Online Academy. Thanks for the info!

Old 03-09-2015, 21:00   #9
texmex

Our agency signed up for Police One Academy. I took my first class today (Legislative Update). No complaints. No travel expense. Fast and easy. Now I have all the hours and required courses done for this two year period. I'm going to do some more online after August 31.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:57   #10
Kahr_Glockman

MyTCOLE is down due to what looks like an attempted hack. POESIT went away last year due to people abusing the system. The new training site should be up soon. TCLEDDs is the only way to check right now, but if your guy is gone then you are SOL.
Quote:
Roering
Trying to fight the police off is one thing. Trying to do it while naked takes real commitment.
Kahr_Glockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:00   #11
Kahr_Glockman

Police One Academy is a great resource and is only $99 a year for individuals.
Quote:
Roering
Trying to fight the police off is one thing. Trying to do it while naked takes real commitment.
Kahr_Glockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 14:28   #12
GlockEm

It's back up. It won't load from the link on the TCOLE site but I have access using my bookmarked URL: https://tcleose.texas.gov/myTCLEOSEAccount/index.cfm

Last edited by GlockEm; 03-11-2015 at 14:31..
GlockEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 16:12   #13
indigent
Bamboozled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahr_Glockman View Post
POESIT went away last year due to people abusing the system.

I see what you did there..........
Old 03-11-2015, 16:20   #14
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigent View Post
I see what you did there..........
....?

Old 03-11-2015, 17:24   #15
indigent
Bamboozled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
....?
He knows..

I'lll PM you
Old 03-11-2015, 21:19   #16
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

I can log into MyTCOLE account now. It is back up.

Old 03-15-2015, 10:01   #17
tx.45

If you need courses I found this place called OSS Academy. Its all on line you take whatever course you need they update your license by the next day. The price for the classes seems fair to me.
tx.45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 18:03   #18
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx.45 View Post
If you need courses I found this place called OSS Academy. Its all on line you take whatever course you need they update your license by the next day. The price for the classes seems fair to me.
I found that place as well. Have you used them?

Old 03-22-2015, 09:15   #19
tx.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
I found that place as well. Have you used them?
Yes, I have taken culture diversity, human trafficking, advanced human trafficking and many others using OSS Academy.
tx.45 is offline   Reply With Quote