SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-22-2006, 07:49   #61
MOHAA Player

Quote:
Originally posted by thejackbull45
Besides the direct insults the biggest thing that steams me are those that refuse to read AND understand a post and attribute meanings that just werent there. Plus there are a few who must do nothing but sit and lurk in the shadows waiting to make a smart alek remark. These are the trouble makers IMHO.
I agree with you 100%,and for the record I never found you to start or contribute to any of the certain ones on this board who wait for there moment to throw a fire under the pot.Jack I enjoy reading your input along with some others.
MOHAA
Old 12-28-2006, 20:50   #62
Tactician

Man, I would hate to see anyone get banned. The truth be told, I enjoy hearing people's opinions AND seeing some of the opinions get shot down with cold hard facts.

Alaska Po Po and Mohha don't need outside people adding fire to their debates. I enjoy reading the exchanges and when both of you get real and stick to the facts. It is informative.

I really believe I would love to hang out with both of you!

Anyway, I see Mohha as a "been there done that" person who has lot's of wisdom from his experience and mistakes we can all learn from.

I see AK PoPo as a pretty cool guy "for LE" who has done his home work and has worked hard for the answers we all seek. Is he always right? None of us are, but he tries real hard to come up with all the answers.

When you all make it personal and take jabs at each other, I believe that is where the thin ice appears. You both have old wounds and it is too easy for you all to get started. I have seen each of you take the first jab so no one holds the moral high ground IMHO.

I'm saying this as a peace maker because I would miss you fellers if the ax was to fall.

I believe the frustation stems from the fact that ballistics does not have concrete explanations of what caliber and ammo is best to stop any attacker.

We are lucky that we live in a time where we all have so many choices and would explain why at one time or another we have all become confused or at least misled down the ballistic trail we all travel.

We are all seekers of the perfect gun and load. I want to believe what the data indicates because light and fast is easier to shoot with more capacity. I want to believe I don't have to carry a cannon to get the job done.

The sad truth is, just hold the rounds in your hand and look for yourself. Common sense should tell ourselves something as well. Deep down we know it. We just can't prove it.
Tactician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 03:29   #63
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

I think this is my first time posting on this forum. As a rule, I read the rules, the stickies and then as much of pages 1-4 as I can stand, or going back a few weeks.

My second post will be a new thread on some ammo I received...it looks like a disproportionate amount of the ammo is suffering from set back.

'Drew out and about.

Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 13:07   #64
luger7
The Old Fox

Watching

Nice to know somebody is on top of things here...
luger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:49   #65
Cobra64
Deals in Facts

Quote:
Originally posted by cobranx
May I suggest that you crack down on the 10mm degrading threads. Several of us realize the full potential of this round and others just want to sit and push our buttons. People come in here to be educated on handgun ballistics. It's not at all professional for these arm chair ballistics experts to lead them in the wrong direction. It just feeds the cycle of ignorance. Feel free to PM me concerning this matter as I'd love to express my views...
Quite frankly, I've never understood caliber wars. Nor have I understood religious wars. Or the Fords vs. Chevies arguments. Maybe that's why I drive BMWs.

Cheers!
"to" or "too" ?
"then" or "than" ?
Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:01   #66
Blitzer
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to Blitzer Send a message via Yahoo to Blitzer
Quote:
Originally posted by SD Glock 20 CCW
Footnote:

9, 40,45,10 & 357sig are all great calibers with limitations, as long as we understand those limitations & practice & train any of the above will do it's job & do it with complete & total lethality. We educate ourselves on the limitations as well as the merits of a particular caliber thru this & other forums with intellegent posts & research & PRACTICE. I for one have learned a lot in a short time. Thanks for a great forum Eddie.

Peter
From what I have read the best handgun round is only 80% effective.
Old 02-14-2007, 21:50   #67
Tactician

Re: Does the .357 live up to the hype

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactician
Thread was closed. I thought for the most part, the thread was informative. The debate was heated and one poster got ugly for a second and that should not be excused, but it was a productive thread.

Not that I am owed an explanation or expect an answer, but I am kinda disappointed that a productive thread where 9 out of 10 people were behaving and many respected members were participating got closed.

Not that life is fair, but should one person's remarks, that were only 1% Of their content, shut down an entire thread and deprive many who were behaving and constructively participating?

I'm not taking a shot at the moderator, and sure are not looking to debate this issue, but many should not suffer for the actions of a few.

I hope this. "throw the baby out with the bath water" does not persist. Many people who were warned earlier where behaving really well.

It's not my intent to throw stones, I could understand how moderating caliber wars could get old and patience could wear thin.

I am just bummed because I was learning something and there were some very respected members participating adding to the validity of the discussion.

Please don't take any of these comments as disrespect for this forum.

That is the furthest from my intent.
Tactician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 00:06   #68
bayshtyshorty

It seems to me everyone should use the caliber/model that fits them best, depending on what you intend to use it for...i guess it all boils down to how accurate you are with your firearm. I carry a Glock 23, I have no idea as to why i like the .40 caliber but I'm extremely comfy shooting it, and never seem to stray too far. I have other pistols but i always seem to pick up the 23. My girlfriend shoots a 26 and loves it..no matter what make, model, or caliber you shoot...its almost ALWAYS fun killing cardboard isn't it?
~Grandpa Fred~
bayshtyshorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:56   #69
Rekced

Send a message via AIM to Rekced
This place is uber chill. Anyone who gets banned for the way they get upset about their hobby has problems. Chill out, it's supposed to be fun!
Rekced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 17:02   #70
glock20c10mm

No arguements here.

The Glock 29 is the most versatile handgun yet produced.
glock20c10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 13:02   #71
MOHAA Player

One of the biggest things I see on Caliber Corner is certain people will continue to jump into a topic that they have nothing to add and post the same agenda fueled bashing over and over again and then sit back and play the victim to the mods.This is called Troll baiting for you guys that are new to forums.We all know what members do this and always fall into there traps,lets start just telling them ok and wacth how fast they vanish without fuel for there Troll fire.
MOHAA
Old 05-06-2007, 13:11   #72
Alaskapopo
NRA ENDOWMENT

The biggest problem we have are the internet stalkers (Trolls) who follow a poster they don't agree with or who they simply don't like from thread to thread and internet forum to internet forum just to flame him. Those same posters usually never address the original posters question either.
This place has been cleaned up a bit thanks to the moderators. The rest of us just need to act like adults and not act like trolls and internet stalkers.
Pat
NRA Endowment Member
USPSA B class
Alaskapopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 13:29   #73
Blitzer
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to Blitzer Send a message via Yahoo to Blitzer
Quote:
Originally posted by henchmen77
One thing is there needs to be a post by you all on why you are closing post then close it.

2nd is you need to give everyone 3 strikes and let them know before you ban them from the server becuase what can happen is your just banning someone becuase you don't like there post and it my be there first time they were fighting with someone there needs to be a way to track persons.

And every fourm should have a sticky with the posting rules someone shouldn't have to go looking for them.

The easyer you make it for someone to fallow the rules the more they will. No one reads the rules when they sign up.
It sounds like you are giving orders and not making a request?

And maybe adding a spell checker to your postings might give you a little more authority and credence.
Old 05-06-2007, 13:34   #74
MOHAA Player

Quote:
Originally posted by Alaskapopo

The rest of us just need to act like adults and not act like trolls and internet stalkers.
Pat
This is the biggest problem on Caliber Corner,it's the keyboard ballistic experts that troll these forums and are relentless with the same post over and over to start a fight.Good point made Pat we need to just act like adults and stop paying them any attention,thank you for some good advice.I just hope the mods see these people for what they really are and deal with them so GT becomes a adult like forum again.
MOHAA

Last edited by MOHAA Player; 05-06-2007 at 13:40..
Old 05-07-2007, 03:02   #75
austinguy23

wow
austinguy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 03:20   #76
Blast
'nuff said

Quote:
Originally posted by austinguy23
wow
Old 07-13-2007, 11:08   #77
DaveA

Last time I checked, it was free to post here. That means if the people who DO pay for it (the mods and Eric) say cut it out, people should just cut it out because they (the mods and Eric) provide it for us by their own good graces. Some of the arguments are really silly.
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:25   #78
texas 48
Gold Membership
Citizen

Quote:
The biggest problem we have are the internet stalkers (Trolls) who follow a poster they don't agree with or who they simply don't like from thread to thread and internet forum to internet forum just to flame him. Those same posters usually never address the original posters question either.
This place has been cleaned up a bit thanks to the moderators. The rest of us just need to act like adults and not act like trolls and internet stalkers.
Pat
texas 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:27   #79
J. Parker

Quote:
Pat
I agree Pat but we ALL have to look in the mirror....myself included.
J. Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 18:47   #80
paper warrior

I don't get why people argue about calibers.... An SJ ESC round from a 9mm can be better than a .40 ball. And a .22lr can still stop an attacker.

"Mechanical safeties are just idiot-proofing; and do idiots really need high powered weapons?" - mkultra2300
paper warrior is offline   Reply With Quote