Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-30-2012, 14:13   #1
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
Police dog

I know most people in this forum like animals, but you know the officer-K9 relationship is a special one, more so when the dog does something special.

http://blog.al.com/montgomery/2012/0...r_bodi_di.html
Old 07-30-2012, 14:35   #2
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

I know that dogs die for their packs and owners, willingly.

Their instinct is protection.

They give their all for the pack. (even if it is one person. They are good to have as friends)

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 16:38   #3
BulldawgGlock

I put my American Bulldog to sleep this morning. He's been suffering from severe arthritis for a couple of months now. I tried several different meds and supplements but nothing could help the old guy. Not only was he a great with my brothers and I as children, but he was also fearless protector. Two years ago he attacked a man trying to break into my parents home when my mom was there alone, he was already an older dog at the time but he gave it all he had and ran the man off. He gave my family 14 years of love and dedication and asked for nothing more than a scratch behind his ears every now and then. He name was Buford and he was 14 yrs old.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:12   #4
brtarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldawgGlock View Post
I put my American Bulldog to sleep this morning. He's been suffering from severe arthritis for a couple of months now. I tried several different meds and supplements but nothing could help the old guy. Not only was he a great with my brothers and I as children, but he was also fearless protector. Two years ago he attacked a man trying to break into my parents home when my mom was there alone, he was already an older dog at the time but he gave it all he had and ran the man off. He gave my family 14 years of love and dedication and asked for nothing more than a scratch behind his ears every now and then. He name was Buford and he was 14 yrs old.
Sorry for the loss of your friend.
brtarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:40   #5
ashecht

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldawgGlock View Post
No greater love exists than the love between dog and master. So sorry for your loss.
Ruger SR1911 Commander
Colt LE6920
ashecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:56   #6
eaglefrq
NRA Member

It's amazing that so many people don't give a second thought to an animal. Here are two prime examples of the love and loyalty dogs freely give.

A K9 that was horribly injured protecting the public and his handler. RIP Bodi and thank you for your service.

@BulldawgGlock it is a terrible thing to lose a beloved friend. It sounds like he was a wonderful dog who was willing to sacrifice himself to protect his family. RIP Buford and our prayers go out to you and your family to help ease the pain.

Last edited by eaglefrq; 08-01-2012 at 13:01..
eaglefrq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 13:23   #7
TheExplorer

Being a die-hard animal lover, I've never been a fan of using K9's. I just couldn't see putting my best friend in harms way. I know the whole human vs. dog debate, but it still bothers me. The sheriff's office by me recenly had a BBQ to purchase K9 vests. I contributed to that, for the dogs, but I really wanted to say they shouldn't be out there in the first place.
TheExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:02   #8
Java Junky

Bulldawg, 'sounds like he was a terrific friend for those years.
'Glad that you got to know him.
Mary Margaret, our Boxstiff, has just recently started to show her age.
They each take'a chunk of our hearts with them when they go . . and we each take our turn.
'Sorry for your loss brutha.
Java Junky is offline   Reply With Quote