Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-13-2014, 17:23   #1
cz223

Korean AK mags

Have any of you bought any of these? Are they any good? I bought two and have had no trouble with them but I have only put about 60 rounds through each.
cz223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 23:24   #2
TactiCool

I bought 5 of them during the 2012 panic for cheap, and I use them as my "sacrificial"/loaner range mags. I've never had a catastrophic malfunction with them per se, but they sometimes hang up in the mag well when I'm trying to extract quickly.

Another thing about them that I don't like is the construction of the double layer feed lips, which have caused additional difficulties during insertion. The finish appears to be like cheap wheel paint (metallic grey and sort of glittery), and the followers squeal when I cycle by hand, but never any ftf; the springs are good though, suprisingly.

Overall, they're not on par with my Polish and Chinese mags, but they do the job. iirc, I bought them for $8 per at Wideners, but they're not worth more than that and I won't be buying any more.
TactiCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 17:54   #3
cciman

AKs are not typically mag picky. If they fit, they should work. I have several of these Korean mags, they fit about as regularly as my european ones - either too tight at the mag catch lip or too loose, no more frequent. I have had to file some of the lip on both asian and european to fit my saiga. Same with the polymers.

Tapcos can be real wide, and tight-- good for those AK's with side to side wobble.
cciman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 21:34   #4
captainstormy

Send a message via ICQ to captainstormy Send a message via AIM to captainstormy Send a message via Yahoo to captainstormy
I bought two a while back just to try out. They are fine. They work fine and all. I had to file off a bit of the mag catch to get them to be able to fit but after that no issues.
Old 08-14-2014, 22:20   #5
adamg01

They wouldn't fit my Sgl-21 or Sar 1. I buy surplus and I've never had a problem.
adamg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 23:10   #6
Buzzo

great deal
http://www.sgammo.com/product/surplu...n-european-mil
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:59   #7
SmithietheFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamg01 View Post
They wouldn't fit my Sgl-21 or Sar 1. I buy surplus and I've never had a problem.
I bought a few of them earlier this year and they've run great in my SGL-21. I've run about 300 rounds thru them so it isn't like they've been torture-tested but for what I paid for them I'm satisfied.

Always looking for rare FN-FAL 50.00 rifles, German Weatherbys, and Stoner 63A parts.
SmithietheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:32   #8
adamg01

I never bought mine intentionally. Ammotogo tried to pass them off on me as surplus back in the panic.

Last edited by adamg01; 08-15-2014 at 08:32..
adamg01 is offline   Reply With Quote