Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:03   #2781
Disregarded9-side
Armchair IPSCer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
A shooter was using an extremely short-barreled AR. Everyone was annoyed by the noise and muzzle blast and moved away from him.

Guy was kind of a ******-nozzel.
This.
Disregarded9-side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:16   #2782
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

I couldn't care less about stuff like that. I'm talking about shootability, etc. Its going to be a police duty rifle, not a range toy. It will be shot on a private PD range or at badguys.

It'll also probably be suppressed one day. I was just wondering if Chowser had any factual basis for disliking it.

Thanks all.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:18   #2783
Airborne Infantryman
'Murica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
Just an observation;

I was at an out-door range this past Sunday. A shooter was using an extremely short-barreled AR. Everyone was annoyed by the noise and muzzle blast and moved away from him.

Guy was kind of a ******-nozzel.
I'll be one of those ******-nozzles in about two months, when my Form 1'ed SBR gets approved. FWIW, my upper will have a muzzle brake to piss everyone around me off........because I can.

Last edited by Airborne Infantryman; 12-16-2011 at 12:18..
Airborne Infantryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:19   #2784
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Send a message via AIM to Jer Send a message via MSN to Jer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
I couldn't care less about stuff like that. I'm talking about shootability, etc. Its going to be a police duty rifle, not a range toy. It will be shot on a private PD range or at badguys.

It'll also probably be suppressed one day. I was just wondering if Chowser had any factual basis for disliking it.

Thanks all.
I've mentioned this in our discussions before but you're NOT going to want to suppress a .223/5.56 rifle with a 7.5" barrel as this round will not stabilize in that short of length and a baffle strike will be in your not-so-distant future. This was the reason I went with the 9" 300 Blackout setup so I can shoot suppressed since the 30cal round will stabilize.

Tactical Commander - Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Last edited by Jer; 12-16-2011 at 12:19..
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:25   #2785
nyycanseco33
Da Fk'n Man

Send a message via AIM to nyycanseco33 Send a message via Yahoo to nyycanseco33 Send a message via Skype™ to nyycanseco33
IMO it looks like some people need to pin up their skirts and drop their purses amongst a couple other things that need to drop too... Seriously you're POed about a little AR making some noise on the range? That's ridiculous, people are getting soft nowadays... I think it's great that someone builds a rifle or handgun and makes a little noise, it makes a statement, thats what firearms do - they make noise and frankly those that can't handle it shouldn't shoot, AT ALL! Hey that's my opinion though and if NY wasn't so strict with their laws then I'd add more things to my AR too, it's unfortunate that I can't even add a fore grip, 6 position stock, or a flash suppressor
Old 12-16-2011, 12:36   #2786
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
I've mentioned this in our discussions before but you're NOT going to want to suppress a .223/5.56 rifle with a 7.5" barrel as this round will not stabilize in that short of length and a baffle strike will be in your not-so-distant future. This was the reason I went with the 9" 300 Blackout setup so I can shoot suppressed since the 30cal round will stabilize.
What if I shoot bullets made by Jesus?
Old 12-16-2011, 12:40   #2787
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyycanseco33 View Post
IMO it looks like some people need to pin up their skirts and drop their purses amongst a couple other things that need to drop too... Seriously you're POed about a little AR making some noise on the range? That's ridiculous, people are getting soft nowadays... I think it's great that someone builds a rifle or handgun and makes a little noise, it makes a statement, thats what firearms do - they make noise and frankly those that can't handle it shouldn't shoot, AT ALL!
Tend to agree.

If I WAS at a public range and I noticed folks getting annoyed by a .223 with a short barrel I would have to ask them if they wanted to have a seat on my Italian leather sofa to talk about their feelings.

My whole point of going that small was for work purposes. Moving around a building, in and out of a car, etc.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:42   #2788
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
IMO it looks like some people need to pin up their skirts and drop their purses amongst a couple other things that need to drop too... Seriously you're POed about a little AR making some noise on the range? That's ridiculous, people are getting soft nowadays... I think it's great that someone builds a rifle or handgun and makes a little noise, it makes a statement, thats what firearms do - they make noise and frankly those that can't handle it shouldn't shoot, AT ALL! Hey that's my opinion though and if NY wasn't so strict with their laws then I'd add more things to my AR too, it's unfortunate that I can't even add a fore grip, 6 position stock, or a flash suppressor
Apparently they don't see too many .338 Lapua and larger rifles at those out door ranges if a little shorty AR with an aggressive break is raining on their parade.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:42   #2789
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
What if I shoot bullets made by Jesus?
I don't think Tebow is in the ammo making business... yet.

Last edited by Jer; 12-16-2011 at 12:43..
Old 12-16-2011, 13:54   #2790
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disregarded9-side View Post
...maybe not school shooting-sized ones....
And you have the audacity to call those who shoot loud guns at a designated out-door shooting area low rent? Unreal.

Last edited by Jer; 12-16-2011 at 13:55..
Old 12-16-2011, 14:02   #2791
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

Quote:
(though maybe not school shooting-sized ones)
Really, dude?

Quote:
but I'm not going to take it to an indoor range and make fathers with their children worry about hearing loss despite two sets of ear pros.
Did you create this scenario to bolster your ****ty POV? I don't recall any mention of an indoor range or "the children" by anyone but you.

Quote:
8"ish barrels are really only worth it with cans anyway. Do you really want to fire something that loud, that close to your face in a bedroom/hallway?
Thanks for your opinion.

My HD gun is a 12GA. I imagine that will be pretty loud but I don't shoot guns next to my own face.
Old 12-16-2011, 14:04   #2792
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

Back to pictures.

I call this, "think of the children!!!!"

Black Rifle Forum
Old 12-16-2011, 14:12   #2793
nyycanseco33
Da Fk'n Man

Send a message via AIM to nyycanseco33 Send a message via Yahoo to nyycanseco33 Send a message via Skype™ to nyycanseco33
Quote:
Not being considerate of others just makes you a ******. It's pretty much the most low rent, whiskey tango ***** I can think of.

I don't care what people do with their firearms as long as it's safe, legal and doesn't effect others. I think SBRs are cool (though maybe not school shooting-sized ones) and I'd like to own one someday, but I'm not going to take it to an indoor range and make fathers with their children worry about hearing loss despite two sets of ear pros. Why would you do that? Just go shooting on private land.

8"ish barrels are really only worth it with cans anyway. Do you really want to fire something that loud, that close to your face in a bedroom/hallway?
I'm not considerate of others? I care about others as I'm a firefighter/emt and show respect on the range at all times, as for the others I'm gonna point out that you are the only one on here complaining about the noise factor, just MAN UP...

As for the school comment I think that is completely out of line and quite disrespectful for you to mention anything to those regards, we obviously know where your mind set is at...

And the shooting in a hallway part is ridiculous, because chances are if you do use it in a HD scenario then the noise is the last thing on your mind and will be hardly noticeable due to the situation and circumstances...

Last edited by nyycanseco33; 12-16-2011 at 14:13..
nyycanseco33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 14:12   #2794
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"What of the children!?!"

Black Rifle Forum

Old 12-16-2011, 14:15   #2795
nyycanseco33
Da Fk'n Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
"What of the children!?!"

Black Rifle Forum
Both this and Cochese looking sharp

Last edited by nyycanseco33; 12-16-2011 at 14:16..
nyycanseco33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 14:24   #2796
glock21xxx

That's a nice upper sir
glock21xxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 14:27   #2797
rmc85

Black Rifle Forum
Old 12-16-2011, 14:30   #2798
nyycanseco33
Da Fk'n Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc85 View Post
Black Rifle Forum
I also use the EOtech sight but I noticed you have open sights on it too, just curious why? Doesn't the EOtech do well alone, it works great on mine
Old 12-16-2011, 14:36   #2799
Disregarded9-side
Armchair IPSCer

Quote:
Did you create this scenario to bolster your ****ty POV? I don't recall any mention of an indoor range or "the children" by anyone but you.
No, that was my experience the last two times I visited this range and paid $10 an hour. Granted 100yard indoor rifle ranges are an oddity, though it's the only public range where I shoot my rifle. I doubt I would care at an outdoor range as much.
Nice Blackouts.

The point I was trying to make was simply that's it's never okay to make others feel uncomfortable around firearms. It's especially annoying when you're paying for range time and trying to achieve tight groups.
If you're not going to be considerate of other people's feelings you're going to be considered a ******. This really should not be that hard to understand

Again, I don't have a problem with equipment, just actions. SBRs and loud brakes are annoying to some, so I wouldn't shoot them at a public range. It's the same reason I don't curse or wear things that may make people uncomfortable.

Hooray pictures!

Last edited by Disregarded9-side; 12-17-2011 at 02:38..
Disregarded9-side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 15:37   #2800
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:
No...no....

An SBR AR does not make a "little" noise. This was an outdoor range, and the noise from 10+ yards away was horrible. It's not about being "soft" or childish when people don't like it when a firearm is so loud that it's still obnoxious while wearing hearing protection. It's about being rude to other people at the range for no other reason than "because I can." I'm guessing that you have never shot next to an SBR rifle, your being in N.Y. and all. Find a way to experience that situation, then get back to us.

Now, if you have your own place to go shooting, by all means, get your SBR and have a good time. Just don't expect to take your SBR shooting alongside other people and have them view you as anything else other than an obnoxious ******. I have read more than one GT member's account of enjoying irritating other people with how loud their SBRs are, how dramatic the flame is out of the muzzle, how they get sidways glances from other shooters close to them......these people post as if the enjoy being an ass to their fellow shooters.

Get your SBR if it's what suits your fancy. Just either find your own place to shoot by yourself, or go to the range when few other people are there. I'm not saying to not get an SBR, or not enjoy one, I'm just giving people a heads up as to how people view them at the range.

Last edited by M&P15T; 12-16-2011 at 15:42..
M&P15T is offline   Reply With Quote