Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-04-2014, 21:34   #1
ottomatic

New 300 BLK "Pistol"

I was looking for a 300 BLK barrel and tripped over the Radical Arms pistol at Primary Arms - for $599. They had the length I wanted (10.5") and the price included the SIG brace (and an aluminum rail that looks like a YHM to me). I missed the first batch, but ordered one of the next ones. Got it last night, so no opportunity to test fire it yet. It is amazingly light, even with a light and a Burris Fastfire2. No pictures yet, but so far I can't figure out how they can do it for under $600.

Thanks, Marshall for another good product at a great price!

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Matthew 5:9

Last edited by ottomatic; 11-04-2014 at 21:34..
ottomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 13:45   #2
cowboy1964

Pictures if you can!

I am also looking at these. Pretty amazing deal, the brace alone is $120+.
cowboy1964 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 14:08   #3
GlockPride
Glock 23

Very interested. Range report please?
Eph6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13Therefore put on the full armor of God
GlockPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 11:43   #4
newgene

Please post a range report as soon as possible. These are priced very well. Of course, like many companies, I've heard some customer service issues when buying directly from radical firearms (not through primary arms). To me, it's all chatter until we start to get a bunch of reports from trusted folks. So, please do share your experience. I'm holding out hope, as I may pick up one of these.

As for AR builds, prices have been dropping like a rock for about a year now. You can complete a budget build rifle for sub-$400 now. That was unheard of a year ago.
newgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 15:14   #5
ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgene View Post
Please post a range report as soon as possible. These are priced very well. Of course, like many companies, I've heard some customer service issues when buying directly from radical firearms (not through primary arms). To me, it's all chatter until we start to get a bunch of reports from trusted folks. So, please do share your experience. I'm holding out hope, as I may pick up one of these.

As for AR builds, prices have been dropping like a rock for about a year now. You can complete a budget build rifle for sub-$400 now. That was unheard of a year ago.

That has NEVER been possible before!

I hope to be able to go to the range tomorrow AM. Initial impression after working with it for a while is positive.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:51   #6
ottomatic

I finally got out to the range this morning. Gun worked well. I thought the recoil would be worse than a 5.56, but it did not feel any different. I only had one box of ammo to practice/zero with, but it was enough to get reasonably close at 50 yards. Best 3 shot group was about one inch. There were some scratches on some of the cases that seemed to have been caused by the extractor, so I am going to look at it when I clean the gun. The SIG brace worked surprisingly well, very comfortable for someone used to running a short stock.
I don't have a front sight yet. I thought that I had an extra one when I ordered the gun, so all firing today was done with the Fastfire 2.
Based on a suggestion that seemed logical, I am going to only use Lancer mags for the 300BLK, and Magpul mags for 5.56.

Last edited by ottomatic; 11-08-2014 at 17:26..
Old 11-08-2014, 11:08   #7
ottomatic

Here are some pictures of the gun and the best target.
Attached Thumbnails
Black Rifle Forum - Click for larger version   Black Rifle Forum - Click for larger version   Black Rifle Forum - Click for larger version  

Old 11-08-2014, 16:54   #8
Kasinefect

Send a message via AIM to Kasinefect
Good looking gun!
Kasinefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 17:33   #9
Deployment Solu
Kydex Crafter

Damn nice. Twist rate 1/8"????

The world needs less victims and more victors!!!!!
Deployment Solu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 18:16   #10
CarryTexas

Threads like these are dangerous for my credit card! I've been wanting a .300 BLK pistol like that. Going to have to wait though.

Nice looking gun!
Old 11-08-2014, 21:02   #11
Sigobsessed

Congrats very nice!
Old 11-09-2014, 09:20   #12
ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deployment Solu View Post
Damn nice. Twist rate 1/8"????
Yes it is 1 in 8

Old 11-12-2014, 22:57   #13
Sharkey

Dang you. I just read an article on why an AR pistol should be in 300BLK. Now you post this? Ugh.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:33   #14
Deployment Solu
Kydex Crafter

Sharkey...can you send a link to that article?? I'd like to read it!! I have two 300 BO AR15 pistols and one AR15 16" rifle. I love that caliber!!

The world needs less victims and more victors!!!!!
Deployment Solu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:34   #15
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Dang you. I just read an article on why an AR pistol should be in 300BLK. Now you post this? Ugh.
I agree that it's a great caliber for a pistol or SBR, but I'd add that you have to reload (or have a HUGE ammo budget), and a suppressor is really needed to really use the caliber to it's potential.
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:49   #16
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deployment Solu View Post
Sharkey...can you send a link to that article?? I'd like to read it!! I have two 300 BO AR15 pistols and one AR15 16" rifle. I love that caliber!!

Sorry, it was some magazine I grabbed at B&N to kill time. They were talking about less flash, less recoil, and less bang and how the round is good out f a 8.5 barrel where the 5.56 isn't.
I think I am going to get my FFL to order one.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire
Old 11-14-2014, 12:03   #17
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
I agree that it's a great caliber for a pistol or SBR, but I'd add that you have to reload (or have a HUGE ammo budget), and a suppressor is really needed to really use the caliber to it's potential.
You bring up 2 good issues:

Not up on suppressor info. and don't plan on buying a stamp but how does using the suppressor help the 300BLK caliber reach it's potential? I know you can get subsonic ammo for it but does it help ballistic wise?

Any thoughts on if you think the caliber will take off? I don't reload (I guess I should) and the ammo is pricey. I sold off a PS90 cuz ammo was so hard to find and it was pricey.
Old 11-15-2014, 00:40   #18
cowboy1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
You bring up 2 good issues:

Not up on suppressor info. and don't plan on buying a stamp but how does using the suppressor help the 300BLK caliber reach it's potential? I know you can get subsonic ammo for it but does it help ballistic wise?

Any thoughts on if you think the caliber will take off? I don't reload (I guess I should) and the ammo is pricey. I sold off a PS90 cuz ammo was so hard to find and it was pricey.
I think the point is that it's kind of silly to run a subsonic rifle round unless you ARE using a suppressor.

I think 300 BLK has a bright future. Won't ever be as cheap as 5.56 but I think it will continue to come down in price.
cowboy1964 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 07:07   #19
ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
I think the point is that it's kind of silly to run a subsonic rifle round unless you ARE using a suppressor.

I think 300 BLK has a bright future. Won't ever be as cheap as 5.56 but I think it will continue to come down in price.
I think you are only aware of HALF of the 300s ballistics. What makes this round so cool is that it has TWO distinct loadings. The supersonic loading is virtually identical to 7.62x39, and is particularly useful in a short barrel, as it does not lose its energy, unlike 556.

Old 11-15-2014, 10:39   #20
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomatic View Post
I think you are only aware of HALF of the 300s ballistics. What makes this round so cool is that it has TWO distinct loadings. The supersonic loading is virtually identical to 7.62x39, and is particularly useful in a short barrel, as it does not lose its energy, unlike 556.

Yeah that is kinda what I was referring too. I'll shoot supersonic loads since I don't plan on a can (can always go that route down the road).
How does it compare report wise to a 5.56 out of a 10" barrel which is what I currently have in my Sig Pistol

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire