Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-30-2006, 19:19   #161
Apocalypse_Now
Molon Labe

Don't get me wrong, I like Glocks, owned a M17 years ago and I'm planning on buying a M21 and do the combo caliber longslide 10MM thing

But give me your Glock 21 frame for an afternoon anf I'll let my Rottweilers have at it. Nothing survives a Rottweiler! ;g

I'm new and figured my first post should be a doozie ;f
"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. ... Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible instrument of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American" Tench Coxe 1788.
Apocalypse_Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 19:40   #162
Angel King

welcome aboard
Old 01-30-2006, 21:15   #163
Razoreye
♥♥Adorkable!♥♥

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse_Now
Don't get me wrong, I like Glocks, owned a M17 years ago and I'm planning on buying a M21 and do the combo caliber longslide 10MM thing

But give me your Glock 21 frame for an afternoon anf I'll let my Rottweilers have at it. Nothing survives a Rottweiler! ;g

I'm new and figured my first post should be a doozie ;f
Welcome. Many here used to own Glocks or never have but still stick around because this board is that great. Hope you enjoy your stay here, as I certainly have. You find all sorts of practical information, BullShnikes, trolls, more good information, humor, OAF (Ox and Alex Forum) where all goofiness abounds, politics, religion, and 43,904,523,435,234 opposing views. It's great!!

And if I close my mind in fear... Please pry it open!

Smooth is fast, fast is smooth.
Razoreye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 15:31   #164

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse_Now

;f
I can tell you what Rotties do have a tough time surviving......Two 158 grain semi jacketed soft points from a S&W model 19.....I hate foot chases through the ghetto, lots of bad dog owners turning out bad dogs.

On topic my first year G21 is one helluva good gun still going strong.

Last edited by 6285108; 02-02-2006 at 19:09..
6285108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 18:33   #165
Apocalypse_Now
Molon Labe

Quote:
Originally posted by 6285108
I can tell what Rotties do have a tough time surviving......Two 158 grain semi jacketed soft points from a S&W model 19.....I hate foot chases through the ghetto, lots of bad dog owners turning out bad dogs.

On topic my first year G21 is one helluva good gun still going strong.
Yes, and out here in the real America there are lots of well-bred and trained Rotties, family dogs and home guardians. My gal and I have owned Rotties for over 20 years and never had any trouble. We just rescued a nice little affectionate 1 year old purebred Rottie girl from the pound and she's going to make a great family addition after some training

The problem is the ghetto inhabitants, not the ancient Rottweiler breed, THE most intelligent canine on the planet,
which was carefully, scientifically genetically planned and bred by Germans for over 2,000 years from war/guard dogs left in Rottweil, Germany by the retreating Romans
"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. ... Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible instrument of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American" Tench Coxe 1788.
Old 02-02-2006, 18:44   #166
BallisticTip

Ok lets not talk about shooting doggies. ;f
BallisticTip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:14   #167
Apocalypse_Now
Molon Labe

Quote:
Originally posted by BallisticTip
Ok lets not talk about shooting doggies. ;f
+1
Old 02-05-2006, 00:21   #168
Edgeofthewoods

Quote:
Originally posted by 7.62FMJ
I think the number one thing here is that Glock will perform in any hostile condition. The only drawback of Glock's is that they are not for looks, they are ugly, and honestly they lack soul. They look like they were designed by machines for machines, a tool, without character. This is why the JM Browning designs will live on forever simply because Glock may function but few pick it up to admire it. I think Glock could easily change this, maybe contour the slide a bit, put some lines in it, add a saftey option for those who want it, etc.
Well My wife is one of those twisted few that thinks her G19 is "cute" She also likes my G21 She thinks it is cute also. Well there is no call for taste She married me after all!!!

Chuck
Edgeofthewoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 20:08   #169
Dimmak
Fire and Water

Detonics stress test
Big Dawg #1362, Sub Club #1362,Top Gun #1362, Rimfire #1362 Black Rifle #1362
Dimmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 20:43   #170
bigbore

Quote:
Originally posted by Dimmak
Detonics stress test

Factory loaded ammo is pretty clean. I see nothing impressive about shooting a bunch of rounds through a clean firearm. I would expect any moden production type pistol to be able to do the same.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bigbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 21:27   #171
Razoreye
♥♥Adorkable!♥♥

Quote:
Originally posted by bigbore
Factory loaded ammo is pretty clean. I see nothing impressive about shooting a bunch of rounds through a clean firearm. I would expect any moden production type pistol to be able to do the same.
Can we expect any new "tests" to be conducted on the ol' 21? ;f

And if I close my mind in fear... Please pry it open!

Smooth is fast, fast is smooth.
Razoreye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 21:37   #172
bigbore

Quote:
Originally posted by Razoreye
Can we expect any new "tests" to be conducted on the ol' 21? ;f
I'm basically all out of ideas. I also just added up the cost of the ammo I put through it the last 2 years. Even at dealer cost, looking back, I spent way too much money which I wish, I had spent on other things now. There were several months where I was going through 1K rounds a week just for $hits and giggles, and to see what it looked like after 13K rounds. Figure $150 per thousand rounds of good brass ammo...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bigbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 22:10   #173
Ironbarr

bigbore, let's not get into buyer's remorse; you took a journey to prove a point and having proved it, you have graciously given hundreds or more of GLOCK owners the evidence they need to have great confidence in their personal defense selection(s).

Thank you, sir.

-AndyB
Ironbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 23:09   #174
THEPOPE
Nibb

Bigbore, YOU ARE THE MAN, MAN.....a-friggin`-mazing pics and vids....I thank you, my cardinals thank you, my priests thank you, hell, even a few rabbi`s I know, thank you....great job...I just discovered this tghread, for I am new here, glad I came to Glock Talk. Info like you provide is invaluable to us old noobs.

SALUTE,SIR..imout and humbled by yer tenacity..
THEPOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 21:26   #175
spenceinva

How about running it with a few thousand rounds of Wolf for a while? Be nice to see that crap put to a rest.
spenceinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 03:45   #176
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Excellent Story & Pics........

;N
Old 02-23-2006, 21:52   #177
kernal_panic

Re: Glock not dependable

Quote:
Originally posted by diver 1956
I wish I could say that my Glock 26 was that dependable. I bought a new one and within the first 100 rounds (Winchester 115 gr. FMJs) I had 3 FTF (light strikes on the primer).
I sent it back to Symrna where they supposedly "fixed" it. When I got it back I ran another box through it of the same ammo. and had light strikes at 70rds, 106,rds, and 110 rounds.
Before someone critisizes my grip, let me say that I teach CHL plus for almost 3 years I test fired guns for the local police dept crime lab., so I'm not a limp wristed shooter.
Yes, it's going back to Smyrna again!
ok let me get this straight. you bought a gun, fired ONE brand and type of ammo and when it didn't work with the only ammo you tried in it you sent is back?

I'm sorry but that is just plain stupid.

My cz-75 sa eats every brand of 9mm ammo i feed it like its popcorn..

EXCEPT WWB. failure to extract city.

winchester white box ammo is garbage. PERIOD. I know alot of you guys shoot it without a problem But I am seeing thread after thread of gun problems, not just here, where WWB was the ammo used.

and people call wolf junk!
kernal_panic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 22:54   #178
Angel King

Winchester White box 9mm is crap. My Storm hates them too.
Old 02-24-2006, 00:36   #179
Stony
Plastk_Fantastk

Send a message via AIM to Stony
I've used WWB in every pistol I shoot. It shoots fanfriggintastic (for me atleast) with one exception. Out of 10-20,000 shots fired, I had a failure to fire with 3 40S&W shells- all out of the same box. I'm not real crazy about WWB 38sp- it burns a little too dirty for me. Remington on the other hand is my no-no brand. I've had terrible luck with their primers. I'm not a huge user of Wolf b/c of what I heard on here about the laquer (sp) they use on the steel cases jamming some of the glocks up. But I'm thinking of starting and throwing caution to the wind with the way ammo prices are going. Speaking of WWB, I'm off to wally-world now to pick up some for my new varmint rifle. I like going up randomly at night (like 1:30am) to get milk, bread, and shells- just to throw them off a little and make the guy from sporting goods to quit hitting on the girl in electronics, to come and get me shells.
Stony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 17:48   #180
RedRyder21

Quote:
Originally posted by Stony
I like going up randomly at night (like 1:30am) to get milk, bread, and shells- just to throw them off a little and make the guy from sporting goods to quit hitting on the girl in electronics, to come and get me shells.
Your Wal-Mart sells ammo after 9pm!;P WoW!!!!

I wish the Wasl-Marts around here would do that!
RedRyder21 is offline   Reply With Quote