Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-23-2006, 15:21   #221
amd4me
Coffee Snob

Quote:
Originally posted by njl
Note to self: Never send a firearm to ADCO for "work"...again.

I was gonna say, I sure hope that isnt a customers HK.
amd4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:47   #222
halo913

that is awesome!
Old 09-05-2006, 08:15   #223
TexasGlock23
Salty Collar

Send a message via AIM to TexasGlock23 Send a message via Yahoo to TexasGlock23
Quote:
Originally posted by Boondock Saint
Wow, I guess your right...Ya know, maybe we shouldn’t crash cars in those stupid crash tests...I mean after all, why ruin a perfectly good car to save a few piddly lives? We shouldn't worry about how much stress a seatbelt can take, I'm sure it'll be juuuust fine... ;Q

Thanks for the test, I couldn't afford to do it with mine, but it is great you have so much trust in your weapon!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

G23-TFO's, Streamlight TLR-1, Tucker Tx Heritage IWB and a few other goodies.
G19-wifes
own a GM? visit us at customgm.com
TexasGlock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:29   #224
hankhan

Incredible. Glock should give you a new gun.
Old 09-29-2006, 16:33   #225
dinod
CLM Number 302

This should be a sticky in the new G21 board
dinod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 18:50   #226
royal glockster

Quote:
Originally posted by Poodle
Wow! Glad I bought a Glock 21! I do have a tendency to baby it though, as if it'll break at the slightest bump. Anyway, thanks Bigbore for the testing. I can trust my G21 all the way.
Poodle,how's your g21 going? I suppose i've seen you using your g21 during the Sept. 3 IDPA meet at armscor range. I just got mine, g19 for Prod in IPSC and for SSP for IDPA replacing my old PT92 (inaccurate, reliable though, sorry Taurus). Got interested in glocks these days after suffering from a never-ending trouble with my 1911s..plan to acquire g21/g30 for Ipsc std division and IDPA cdp.
BOG #4540
"PERCEPTION DIFFERS FROM REALITY"
royal glockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 21:21   #227
boholglock

G35 can also serve you well RG

it's good to go in Standard as well as IDPA.
boholglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 10:59   #228
GlockmanPA
PA Glocker #212

Best thread ever! Thanks BigBore for putting Glocks toughness to the test and illustrating your steps so perfectly!

Love, unconditional and eternal, began with the first breath of my son.
GlockmanPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 21:52   #229
Moshe
-

Great test.

Thanks for the time, effort, and of course money that went into that test.
Moshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 18:35   #230
postpostban

Bought a 21 because of this thread. Thanks.
postpostban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:55   #231
Tspeis

Though this is a little off topic, I wonder how certain long guns would handle tests like these. I'd be interested in seeing the HK 416 or the FN SCAR put through something like this. The 416 has a firing pin block so I'd really like to see if that could survive being dropped with a primed case off a roof or even 500 feet out of an airplane. Sweet thread and awesome videos!
Tspeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:58   #232
guido2sc
Harley Egg-Head

Quote:
Originally posted by westie10019
AND this proves what? There are a lot of Glock owners with to much time and money on there hands? So they take a pistol and abuse it far beyond what limit. Any person who has a firearm whose life may despend on it's use would never let the firearm get to this condition.

I humped a 16 for 91/2 months in the bush @ the Battle of Vietnam. My ass depended on this weapon working %100 of the time, it was kept clean and well maintained. So the point of abuseing this Glock is WAHT?

Grow up KIDS!
dude, lighten up... it proves that someone with a good heart had fun proving the limits of a seemingly infalible weapon. He dern near proved it. I shoot the 1911 and it's a wonderul weapon but it surely won't handle what BigBore put the Glock through. He was having fun and testing some theories out. He proved things to himself as well as others. That's all.

Easy on the caffine.....

Last edited by guido2sc; 01-20-2007 at 06:05..
guido2sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:59   #233
guido2sc
Harley Egg-Head

by the way, bigbore, you're a genius.... incredible stuff man, simply incredible. I have never owned a Glock until now. I picked up a 19 because it is such a popular choice in 9mil and I am about to run some backflips over the purchase. Excellent stuff man, I'm glad I picked 'er up!!

Last edited by guido2sc; 01-20-2007 at 06:07..
guido2sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 18:44   #234
hori

wow this was the best thread period. I was always a "I kinda like glocks" but wow this really got me itching to buy a G21 instead of a 1911. Bigbore thanks
hori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 04:09   #235
Tecumseh
Libertarian

This thread was linked to an AR15 forum. Yet again this thread continues to influence people to purchase Glocks.
Tecumseh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 14:23   #236
WhatTheGlock
No Soup For You

All I can say is...Incredible!!
Glad I have a g21!
The 21 Club #2123, Black Rifle Club
WhatTheGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 20:46   #237
grfd600

WOW.
"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." - Rep. Nancy Pelosi, 12/16/98
grfd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 18:44   #238
johnsonrlp
Career SPC

Quote:
Originally posted by westie10019
AND this proves what? There are a lot of Glock owners with to much time and money on there hands? So they take a pistol and abuse it far beyond what limit. Any person who has a firearm whose life may despend on it's use would never let the firearm get to this condition.

I humped a 16 for 91/2 months in the bush @ the Battle of Vietnam. My ass depended on this weapon working %100 of the time, it was kept clean and well maintained. So the point of abuseing this Glock is WAHT?

Grow up KIDS!
Just a thought, but personally I would prefer to be training, recreating, or getting some sleep than cleaning a weapon. And, as some friends of mine who went driving around with PFC Lynch will tell you, sometimes you don't have time to field strip and clean a weapon. Sometimes you just need it to work.
Knowing whether or not it will is pretty nice.

"Anyone who makes up their mind before they hear the issue is a ******* fool." "Be a ******* person. Listen. Let it swirl around your head. Then form your opinion."
johnsonrlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 21:02   #239
Wvladimire

Test???

Being a long time shooter, I find your test to be very interesting. After reading about your test, burying the Glock 21 in various media sand, potting soil, powder, etc. etc. You simply just pulled the gun out, loaded a round, and then fired it. And you state that the only cleaning done was a simple dunk in water.

I am now a retired LEO, who was on a tactical team for 15 years, and am a person who would have some experience with firearms being dragged through mud and other like conditions you tried to simulate in your testing.
I find the results of your testing to be flawed if not exagerated. If you did what you say you did, I am surprised that the pistol did not blow up in your hand. Dropping it in the mud, burying it in everything you said, especially the paste from powder and water, and you are telling me that the barrel never was clogged and posed any kind of a threat to fire???? I highly doubt it.
Wvladimire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 18:28   #240
JasonNC
CREATOR

Re: Test???

Quote:
Originally posted by Wvladimire

I find the results of your testing to be flawed if not exagerated. If you did what you say you did, I am surprised that the pistol did not blow up in your hand. Dropping it in the mud, burying it in everything you said, especially the paste from powder and water, and you are telling me that the barrel never was clogged and posed any kind of a threat to fire???? I highly doubt it.
With videos to accompany the text and pictures, I find your accusations unfounded and uncalled for.