GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2007, 21:07   #251
Wvladimire
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cleveland, OH.
Posts: 47
physics

Yes the video shows him pick it up out of the mud and look down the barrel. What I find unbelievable and laughable is that the bore was not filled with mud, especially when it landed muzzle first. Despite all you hard core Glock fans, this does go against the laws of physics, and would be impossible to happen. Numerical chances of this happening are astronomical.

I have experience of belly crawling through mud and having a sidearm fill with mud in every little nook and cranny, even the bore. And the pistol was going grip first through the mud.

Again films can be edited to suit the tester's or filmer's needs.
Wvladimire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 17:32   #252
bigbore
Senior Member
 
bigbore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 357
Re: physics

Quote:
Originally posted by Wvladimire

Again films can be edited to suit the tester's or filmer's needs. [/B]
Thanks for the laugh
__________________
http://www.adcofirearms.com
bigbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 18:07   #253
Wvladimire
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cleveland, OH.
Posts: 47
Thanks for laugh

No thank you for the belly laugh you gave me for showing your ignorance. I dropped a 1911 from waist height into a muddy field and guess what. When I pulled it out, there is no way I would fire it. Why you ask, because the barrel and bore were filled with mud.

So the testers video, is subject to skepticism.

Don't believe me, then try it yourself sometime, and tell me the barrel and bore didn't fill with mud.
Wvladimire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:08   #254
zach2430
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sandusky Ohio
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wvladimire View Post
No thank you for the belly laugh you gave me for showing your ignorance. I dropped a 1911 from waist height into a muddy field and guess what. When I pulled it out, there is no way I would fire it. Why you ask, because the barrel and bore were filled with mud.

So the testers video, is subject to skepticism.

Don't believe me, then try it yourself sometime, and tell me the barrel and bore didn't fill with mud.
As a current LEO I can safely say you sound like an idiot. Why do people always brag about being a LEO and assuming they are experts in everything. It makes us all look like idiots. And where in your carreer did you become a physics expert?
zach2430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:39   #255
Wvladimire
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cleveland, OH.
Posts: 47
Leo

Dear Zach 2430,

When I first read your post I was angry. So I did not reply right away, so that I could make a logical and intelligent argument. In response to your reply, I believe that I am showing that I have common sense, as well as a brain, and that I am using it. I have tried to be nice, amicable, and polite on this forum. While you, without any basis or facts to support your arguement attack me and my credibility.

First point, anyone who has a degree in Criminal Justice has to take Physics to earn that degree. *At least in my state.* And that course is not an elective course, one has to take it, in order to get the degree.

Also anyone who has taken a basic hunter safety course, firearm safety course, and has attended a Police Academy should know that one of the first things they teach you if you drop your duty weapon, "unless it's a dire situation, and your life is endanger, do not just fire your weapon without first field stripping it, checking to see if the bore is clear, and clean it if possible before firing that weapon." That quote is from any of the three classes listed above.

Also to those of you who are die hard fans of this particular thread, and are fool hardy enough to believe everything you read without questioning it. I've attached a pic of a Remington 870 barrel that came into my shop two weeks ago. To make a long story short, a son and his father were out hunting, the son dropped his shotgun in the mud, picked it up and asked his father if it was okay to shoot. The father responded, yeah go ahead and shoot it, it'll be ok. The son complied, and what you see is what happens when a bore is clogged with just a little bit of mud.

The shotgun wasn't dropped out of an airplane, where it landed muzzle end first in the mud and buried itself up to the grip. No it was just dropped from waist height into a muddy field by accident. Proof that what the tester claims he did is up to scrutinization.

And Zack, you're a moron, who should not own any firearms what so ever. I believe that you are a danger to yourself and your fellow co-workers if you do not know this little bit of firearm safety. Do us, meaning all GOOD LEO's, a favor and take a firearm safety course before you shoot your mouth off again without any facts to support your argument.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Barrel blowout.jpg (397.1 KB, 565 views)

Last edited by Wvladimire; 10-22-2007 at 10:42.. Reason: typo
Wvladimire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:44   #256
Major Danger
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wvladimire View Post
Dear Zach 2430,

And Zack, you're a moron, who should not own any firearms what so ever. I believe that you are a danger to yourself and your fellow co-workers if you do not know this little bit of firearm safety. Do us, meaning all GOOD LEO's, a favor and take a firearm safety course before you shoot your mouth off again without any facts to support your argument.
Wow, and I thought my thread about my dislike of the Glock 36 was met with a rabbid frenzy of frothy-mouthed fanboys!

Godspeed.
Major Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 23:31   #257
Wvladimire
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cleveland, OH.
Posts: 47
Go ahead and test it yourself

Dear Major Danger,

The quote from me regarding Zack, is not about my dislike for the Glock 21. I said what I did because Zack attacked my credibility without any facts to support his arguement. Just ruthless name calling, because I questioned the fact the tester who posted this thread, claimed with accompaning video, to have dropped his Glock 21 out of an airplane into a muddy field. Where his Glock landed muzzle end first and buried itself up to the grip in the mud. The tester then pulled his Glock out of the mud, jacked a round into the chamber, and fired it.

I have said that that part of the test is skeptical at best. For the simple fact that if the gun landed muzzle first in the field and buried itself up to the grip in mud. Then the gun would not have fired without blowing up in his hand, due to the fact that the barrel would be caked with mud. This simple fact that escapes everyone's attention, goes against the laws of Physics, and is a safety hazard that any basic firearm safety course will teach you. Zack as well as a few others seem to think it's not a safety concern. That is why I stated he take a basic safety course before he owns, shoots, or handles any firearm.

Also the only other thing I will say is this. To you die hard fans of this test, if you do not believe me, then I make the following suggestion:

Take your Glock into a muddy field. Shove your Glock muzzle end first into the mud up to the grip. Pull your Glock out of the mud and then try to work the slide back to chamber a round. If you can do that, and actually chamber a bullet, without the barrel being caked with mud, then please by all means go ahead and fire your weapon. I take no responsibility or liability on your actions with this. And when you write me back with your new hook and eye patch to tell me how your test reults ended, I will gladly say I told you so.

PS. I do not hate Glocks, they are a reliable firearm, however they do not fit my hand or taste. This is a personal matter not reflecting on how well or not well the firearm is made. I am only trying to point out that the test is flawed for several reasons. Please use your head people and be safe with your firearms.

Last edited by Wvladimire; 10-23-2007 at 23:36.. Reason: typos
Wvladimire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 21:39   #258
THEPOPE
Nibb
 
THEPOPE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Posts: 6,202
Wow, an "almost 40 year-old" , seemingly able to form a full sentence with common sense, resorting to name-calling, like "ignorant", and "moron", aimed at other posters here, including the O.P., .....priceless.

Please don't attack ,me, I'm simply pointing out an obviously deranged and charactor-flawed thread-killer.


I'm out
__________________
violators will be prostituted to the

fullest extent of the LAW...
THEPOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 11:18   #259
Kadetklapp
Methberry PD
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,603
Quote:
Yes the video shows him pick it up out of the mud and look down the barrel. What I find unbelievable and laughable is that the bore was not filled with mud, especially when it landed muzzle first. Despite all you hard core Glock fans, this does go against the laws of physics, and would be impossible to happen. Numerical chances of this happening are astronomical.

I have experience of belly crawling through mud and having a sidearm fill with mud in every little nook and cranny, even the bore. And the pistol was going grip first through the mud.

Again films can be edited to suit the tester's or filmer's needs.
I consider myself to be a reasonable man, such as when some guy with ten posts gets on a forum claiming to be retired LE, military, and a mud-crawler, I don't dispute this even though his own claims sound like complete BS, but because one can't prove his own employment status on the internet any better than he can, but I will make an observation:

I take an annual firearms course with one of the most renouned firearms instructors in the United States. Perhaps some of you have heard of him, Sheriff Ken Campbell. Mr. Campbell is not what I would call, a Glock fan. However he is an expert on the 1911 pistol. My last class with him someone mentioned this G21 torture test. He himself noted that it was indeed possible for the barrel to be unobstructed and even if there was a smallish amount of mud debris inside, it would be entirely possible to shoot the gun without a problem. He also allowed that the Glock would probably be able to handle this better than a 1911 simply because the tighter tolerances of most hi-dollar 1911s would become compromised.

I have dropped my Ruger 9mm directly into muddy water muzzle-down and upon field strip and inspection, there was NO blockage whatsoever in the bore itself.

Get a grip Captain America.

Last edited by Kadetklapp; 10-26-2007 at 11:42..
Kadetklapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 19:54   #260
Wvladimire
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cleveland, OH.
Posts: 47
Torture test

You can think what you want Memorial9c1. Just as I could do the same with your course and instructor. But please, go ahead and test this theory yourself. Go into a muddy field and simulate what the tester did. Shove your gun muzzle first into the mud up to the grip. Pull it out and then proceed to try and chamber a round. If you can, with the barrel being caked with mud, then by all means go ahead and fire it. Then enjoy your new hook and eye patch.

Being a reasonable man, I have tested this claim over and over again with just a piece of pipe. And you know what, the pipe fills with mud EVERY time. Must be those unbreakable laws of gravity, physics, and common sense coming into play. You just can't escape them. Well maybe one can in their fantasies.

Don't believe me, then view pic I've attached, or try shoving a piece of pipe into mud, and then tell me every time you pull it out it's not filled with mud. This is an udisputable fact. No matter how often you try to blur the issue, dance around facts, or claim to have been instructed by proficient people.

Last edited by Wvladimire; 10-26-2007 at 20:00.. Reason: Forgot a point
Wvladimire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 20:07   #261
Wvladimire
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cleveland, OH.
Posts: 47
PS. Sorry if my facts ruin your fantasy of how great and indestructable the Glock is. But everything I have said, pointed out, and claimed is true for ANY firearm. Any sensible person would agree and acknowledge this. Or can over 200 years of written firearm history, care, and maintenance be wrong???
Wvladimire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:18   #262
Texas357
CLM Number 224
Señor Member
 
Texas357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: CCTX
Posts: 10,042
Perhaps there are different types and consitancies of mud? Perhaps you should all put them back in your pants and make your own videos, if you think you could do a better job?
__________________
"The more ignorant the individual, the more credulous he becomes, and the more prone to believe in the fearful and satanic nature of the many things that pass his comprehension." - Charles W. Olliver


"I nominate you for President of Texas!" - Dr. Octagon
"I accept your nomination, and thank you for your vote."- Texas357
Texas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 19:02   #263
chiefkc2002
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFII View Post
This test is one of the main reasons I will never get rid of my G21. That and the fact I shoot it so damn well.
I agree after reading this I picked up a g21 sf
__________________
"I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6" -Ice Cube
chiefkc2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:48   #264
2ndamd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 290
I do not know how this thread got off track.
OT Thanks for the tests. That is testament to what a fine peice of weaponery the Glock has turned out to be.
Thanks for sharing your results.
2ndamd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:03   #265
cmp944
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Carbon County, PA
Posts: 25
I remember when someone posted a link to this torture test on AR15, its around the same time I started to get rather interested in Glocks.
cmp944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 13:44   #266
americanmadeGI
Registered User
 
americanmadeGI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7
This is the sole reason i decided to buy a glock.
americanmadeGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:59   #267
Wetterman
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 19
bigbore
what's that guide rod assembly on your gun?
Wetterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:10   #268
brawnless
Junior Member
 
brawnless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Asia
Posts: 358
Documented Round Count

For the Glock 21, what is the documented round count without parts replacement?
brawnless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:04   #269
GMAN40
OIF Vet. 04-05
 
GMAN40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: US of A
Posts: 1,580
G21 my favorite GLOCK!
GMAN40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 14:09   #270
Wetterman
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetterman View Post
bigbore
what's that guide rod assembly on your gun?
I guess Bigbore isn't reading these threads anymore...
Wetterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:29   #271
Maddcat1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Space Coast, FL
Posts: 665
Im sold on the 21 although I like my 22C way better
Maddcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:08   #272
zachattack38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 119
this makes me proud to own and carry a glock
zachattack38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:48   #273
Apocalypse_Now
Molon Labe
 
Apocalypse_Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Outer Limits
Posts: 2,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetterman View Post
I guess Bigbore isn't reading these threads anymore...
Maybe he's tired of omnipotent "gun experts" hassling him over his fun project that he shared with us
__________________
"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. ... Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible instrument of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American" Tench Coxe 1788.
Apocalypse_Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 15:40   #274
Furyataurus
Senior Member
 
Furyataurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Helotes TX
Posts: 841
Send a message via AIM to Furyataurus
I'd like to see a continuous firing test between Bigbore's G21 and an HK USP 45, not the compact but the direct competitor to the G21. Let's say 1000 rounds each as fast as they can shoot. Like Para did with their 1911.
__________________
HK USP 9 Trijicon Night Sights
HK USP COMPACT .40 S&W
Remington 870 Syn 6+1
Marlin 336C 30-30
Furyataurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 17:09   #275
SW342
*****
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Republic Of Texas
Posts: 1,680
G21 is hard to beat.....of coarse I love all the glock models. :-)
SW342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 13:09.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,108
341 Members
767 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42