Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-23-2006, 18:10   #1
bruce21b

Antique and Modern Firearms SUCKS.....

this is the only store in Lexington that stocks .357SIG ammo in WWB...bought me a new G31 last week and i knew that SIG ammo costs about as much as 45ACP...

last time i went in there about two weeks ago they had .357SIG WWB for 15.50 a box, went in today and POW, its jacked-up to 18.50 a box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! guy behind the counter says "oh yeah, ammo is getting more expensive......." WHATEVER...

Looks like i will be joining the masses and buying online...the heck with this "support the local gunshop" crap!!!! can buy online for almost half what those thugs charge...Antique and Modern, no more business from me!!!!!!
bruce21b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 19:23   #2
fomeister

Hello

Well take it directly from the guy behind the counter, we don't always get it at the same price. We paid $3 more per box for it than the last time we bought it. You got the last 3 boxes at the lower price, when we could have remarked it all at $18. I suppose it is better business to talk trash on the internet than to sell ammo at market price, but this time you didn't do it in anonymity.
fomeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 19:37   #3
Rikki
Pathetic Loser

"half what those thugs charge"
well,that's a refreshing way to refer to a business owner...
Just so we all know- what did the "thug" do to make you buy it???
Twist your arm? kidnap your kid? threaten to burn down your house"
what did the "thug " do????
Old 02-23-2006, 19:43   #4
fomeister

You know how us thugs operate. LOL. We just open the doors, stock products no one else locally will, price them, and accept payment for them. That is just thug-like as hell. Now I can sing Thuglife, Thug Holiday, and many other songs referring to thugs I don't even know about yet.
Old 02-23-2006, 19:52   #5
KYgundoc

I hope you like mail order because now it may be all you have. take it from someone who knows. Burning your bridges leaves you stuck on one side of the river.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
KYgundoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 21:25   #6
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Send a message via AIM to domzilla9 Send a message via Yahoo to domzilla9
Awww, heck, I'll be nice. I've sold almost forty copies of Winchester: An American Legend by R.L. Wilson in the last year. The first 10 that I bought came in at 8.00, my cost. The next batch of 10 came is at 7.00. Then the price for the third batch jumped to 15.00 and the last ten that I bought (in three separate orders) cost $27.00 each!!! Note that these prices are not inclusive of freight to my business. My retail price went from 20.00 each to $40.00. It doubled in less than a year. I am not Walmart and I can't offer you a consistent pricing regardless of what my cost-of-goods is. And Antique & Modern does a hell of a lot more volume than I do.

The Walmart 2 miles across the Ohio sells 9mm Blazer Brass 115 gr for less than $4.00 a box. I cleaned them out when I made an emergency ammo run there for Sportshooters on the day of the GSSF match. Tempted by the price, I went to a Walmart on my side of the river and priced the same stuff. It's almost $6 a box here.

I guess if I didn't have a clue about how retail works I'd get my panties in a wad and get on the internet and try to trash talk somebody. Fortunately I was raised better than that.

Bruce21b here is some free advice: grow the F up.

Last edited by domzilla9; 02-23-2006 at 21:57..
domzilla9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 21:45   #7
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Foemeister,

Have the prices on Perazzi's gone up lately?
Old 02-23-2006, 22:05   #8
fomeister

LOL. Interesting that I just bought 4000 Zero bullets from Shooter's Connection because his prices are going to increase on the next shipment. I didn't get all bent out of shape, I understand that all metal prices are fluctuating and trending up, and that affects things made from metal.

Perrazi's, Dom, getting cheaper every minute. Guerrini, Rizzini, Merkel, all getting cheaper. LOL.

I even paid $7 for a meal at Arby's today, WTF?, I thought that same meal used to be $5. Those thugs at Arby's.
Old 02-24-2006, 00:34   #9
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Hey man I just sold a book on eBay for $3 more than I sold the last copy for!

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta!
Old 02-24-2006, 00:38   #10
KYglockers
A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

DOM, market prices for my BUMPS have gone UP..........$4.99. I think thats a fair price. PM me if you would like a bump. ;e ;g ;c BTW, DOM, I need ur #, as I've lost it in the move!

Last edited by KYglockers; 02-24-2006 at 00:41..
KYglockers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 00:42   #11
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Awww maaaaaan, I done puhaid you $1.99 ea for the last ten bumps you sold me! Can't you give me some kind of "smart ass" discount?

Hell I'll just pay some Indian kid who lives under a wooden bridge over a sewer in Calcutta $0.0125 for my bumps. He takes paypal.

Last edited by domzilla9; 02-24-2006 at 00:48..
Old 02-24-2006, 00:48   #12
KYglockers
A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

I just realized my previous post had nothing to do with the original thread.... SOOOOOOO, I recommend not shooting .357 sig. simple.
Old 02-24-2006, 00:52   #13
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Like you have to be some sort of brain surgeon to figure out that one should not buy a weapon chambered in tree-fiddy-sigly and plan on being able to feed it cheaply unless one reloads or gets free pratice ammo as a LEO.

Duh. ^7
Old 02-24-2006, 00:58   #14
KYglockers
A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

The Loch Ness Monster once asked me for "a tree fitty" ;e ;e ;a
Old 02-24-2006, 03:48   #15
Terminator

Bruce
Im surprised to hear that from you bro. Youve been pretty cool and level headed on many subjects before, but i think the thing you need to look at is that 357 sig ammo is about as easy to find as .45 GAP, and you gonna pay dearly for it when you do. Its just a simple fact.

I personally love A&M!
They take good care of me and if you let them, they will you too.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:42   #16
bruce21b

fellas, fellas, fellas!!!!!

if i wanted to listen to a bunch of smart-aleck remarks i would have just called up my ex-wife and told her about it!!!!!

seriously...i did not mean to offend anyone here, i was just venting....

i can see maybe a fifty cent increase in the price of a box, but THREE bucks, come on'!!!!!!! Eighteen bucks for a box of 50 WWB!!!!!

and yes i will be happy if "mail order is all i have"....the internet has become the new sales medium for everyting from real estate to chewing gum....

why in the world would i want to pay DOUBLE at a local shop when i can save a ton of money ordering online???? i dont know about you all, but my wallet dictates where i buy things...

What i would really like to see is Wal Mart begin to stock .357SIG and i have spoken to the store manager about it and hopefully they will stock it soon.....

and FOMEISTER, im sure this is not the first time you have gotten complaints about your prices, and if you were the guy that sold it to me I told you to your face that your prices are too damn high!!!!!!!!!!

Again, if i offended anyone, sorry......just putting my 2cents out here....Glock on...
Old 02-24-2006, 06:53   #17
fomeister

It appears that you still think I have lied to you, and I don't appreciate that at all. I hate rude behavior in a man. I checked in the last shipment of ammo, and many prices were higher than what we were previously selling it for. We buy stuff, sell it, buy more, and sometimes we pay more. If we bought a truckload of .357Sig ammo a year ago, then it would still be less expensive. The online guys will have to go up at some point too. I was the guy who sold it to you. You asked about the difference, and I explained it. I don't recall you saying anything about the prices being too damn high, but I won't call you a liar because I had a lot of other things going on when you were there. I hope to never see you again, simple as that. Anyone who has ever been a merchant will understand it. A&M has a 32 year history of good customer service, something you obviously don't understand or care about. There is no conspiracy to charge you more for your ammo.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:57   #18
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Bruce,

If you really didn't mean to offend anyone then you wouldn't have posted a thread with the subject line "A&M Firearms SUCKS" in a forum that you know to be frequented by employees of the shop and friends of the shop. So don't try to be a wiseacre and tell us that you didn't mean to offend anyone when you obviously did.

So you'll pay half online huh? Well I'd like to know where you can buy WWB 357 Sig for $9 before or after shipping.

And congratulations on your new found business relationship with your local Walmart manager. I'm sure that he'll be able to get that .357 Sig order fulfilled in no time you'll be happy as a clam knowing that you do business with the one company that can deliver commmodities to you at the lowest price price. My, what a saavy shopper you are!

But please, do yourself and everyone else a favor. Don't darken the door of any other local reputable businesses and then come here with your uninformed petty complaints. As you've said, your wallet does your thinking for you and you see all transactions involving firearms and firearm accessories as commodities and don't require anyone's expertise to help you make purchasing decisions or other choices about your hobby and personal defense. So, Bruce21B, the last place you need to be is at the counter of a locally owned and operated business, because you clearly have no appreciation for what they have to offer you, or what you pay for when you make a purchase there. You're better off always sticking your head in the mega-trough of cheap chinese crap with a square mile of of asphalt surrounding it.

Rubes such as yourself are happiest when you get low low everday prices on your everyday goods, rung up and delivered to you people who know little and couldn't care less about what you need or maintaining a long term business relationshp with you, as an individual. And when the well runs dry and their prices on the goods that you once bought so cheaply have suddenly doubled, you may try to come here or somewhere else and cry about how you're being put upon by thugs and bandits in hopes of getting a little sympathy. But I doubt that you will.

Last edited by domzilla9; 02-24-2006 at 07:20..
Old 02-24-2006, 07:20   #19
bruce21b

http://www.ammoman.com/index.htm

nuff' said..........
Old 02-24-2006, 07:23   #20
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

What am I missing here?

http://www.ammoman.com/webstore_357_sig.htm

Federal/Speer =! WWB, last I checked. Rube.